It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human consciousness becomes God!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Does anyone else feel humanity is reaching a point where they are growing in terms of their understanding of the world and everything inside it.

Could that be why there are so many revolutions happening? Could it also be the reason behind the earth changes we are experiencing? I mean i have heard that the thoughts we have are like energy on a quantum level and they manifest in the would around us and actually effect the ecology of the world.

That aside and the reason for my post is to shed some light and hopefully get your opinions on a theory that we are actually becoming God.

What i mean by that is that we are becoming enlightened. I know many will argue its the exact opposite. Look at the evil, greed, competitiveness, hate and brutality in the world.. but i would argue that those are signs of humanity growing uneasy in a system that houses them.

I suppose a good metaphor would be to look at kids in the home.. when they grow up they leave.. for whatever reason they outgrow their environment.. spread their wings.. fly off..

In the same way.. and yes it isn’t that evident, but only due to a much longer life span.. the same thing is happening to humanity in this society.. we humanity are growing up and home feels restrictive. We are fighting for freedom because we feel we need it but our parents (big brother) isn’t ready to let us go. So we rebel..

Anyway the point about the OP title is that i feel humanity isn’t only growing up, we aren’t just becoming adults or being born anew but in fact we are reaching a point of enlightenment. One in which we come quite literally face to face with God or the God within us. The super consciousness.

Could it be that we get to a point of discovery where we finally understand our own creation.. the big WHY?

Why are we here?

I think with both the advances in science and spirituality amongst many other facets of society seemingly reaching their peeks we are not that far off.

Yes perhaps aliens will appear and show us who we really are.. or perhaps we will just grow to a point where we instinctively and intuitively know.

By a long stretch of the imagination this is perhaps what the Mayans meant by the end of our age.. what the occultists meant when they refer to the phoenix rising.. what Buddhists and Hindus meant by Christ consciousness or enlightenment. Perhaps now is the time of great change and understanding. Or at least I hope so..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by nakiannunaki
Does anyone else feel humanity is reaching a point where they are growing in terms of their understanding of the world and everything inside it.

Nope, I sure don't. I feel like people are doing the same things they always did on this planet.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
i have to disagree. First of all, as a follower of God/Jesus, it is a blasphemous notion to think of my self as being near equal to them. But also, i am not sure what view of humanity you are seeing, but from myp perspective we as a collective whole are still a pack of mewling whining toddlers! Maybe one or two feel enlightened here and there, most though that proclaim enlightenment are just blissfully ignoring reality, waiting for the day when the mother ship comes to beam us up. The world is full of staring people that no one helps. it is filled with sexually active children, disease, abortions, mothers killing their children, mental illness abound, not a single country has got it right when it comes to politics and economy. the wealthy are so off the backs of the poor, the world is run by schemers that hide behind the puppets, the masses either do not want to see, or feel powerless to affect any real change.
as a whole, we are so far from becoming god that it isnt funny. so sad.

now the individual, as i said, a few individuals are working towards peace, but what does that matter? Finding inner peace is a selfish journey for the most part, too much time spent inwards. true enlightenment would be to cast off the self, run into the thickets of disease and poverty ridden people and roll up your sleeves, but we are not there yet. most of us anyway. I think i could have been one of those, but for my children. cant very well run off and leave them here alone, but i like to think that if we dont blow up the world by the time they are off to college, i just might move to a third world country - or even just to a big city here and work on clothing the poor or feeding them....now that is true enlightenmnet IMO! no more self.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Further.

Could that be why there are so many revolutions happening?

I doubt it. It's probably because there are many people on the earth tired of being repressed.

Could it also be the reason behind the earth changes we are experiencing?

The earth is always changing. It's not a new phenomena.

I mean i have heard that the thoughts we have are like energy on a quantum level and they manifest in the would around us and actually effect the ecology of the world.

I've thought about this and I've come to the conclusion our collective thoughts are so negative we would probably be long dead if this were true.

we are actually becoming God.

Which one??

What i mean by that is that we are becoming enlightened.

Honestly, most of the people I've witnessed who claimed to 'enlightened' hardly ever live up to the claim. There are some though. Watch for ego.

Look at the evil, greed, competitiveness, hate and brutality in the world.. but i would argue that those are signs of humanity growing uneasy in a system that houses them.

I would argue we've always been this way.

we humanity are growing up and home feels restrictive. We are fighting for freedom because we feel we need it but our parents (big brother) isn’t ready to let us go. So we rebel..

Just more animal behavior imo.

Could it be that we get to a point of discovery where we finally understand our own creation.. the big WHY?

Why are we here?

We know no more now than we ever did imo.

I think with both the advances in science and spirituality amongst many other facets of society seemingly reaching their peeks we are not that far off.

(cringe) Name a few examples of how we have 'spiritually advanced'.

Yes perhaps aliens will appear and show us who we really are..

It's much more likely they will enslave and/or eat us.

Just my two cents.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
are we becoming god?

there is no need to call ourselves god, or to use the term god.

we are all individuals, we may share some values but we are all still pretty divided.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Knowing our consciousness is knowing god. Those who know completely about their own self will come to know god.we are cheating ourselves for something materialistic in nature and when we start to realize the inner consciousness then we don't bother about this materialistic world. God is with in.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Honestly, I think the whole idea of a collective consciousness, at least in ways commonly described here on ATS (regarding mass "awakenings", etc.) is a bunch of bull. We probably are connected on some level, seeing as we're all made up of the same types of particles and are basically organic machines, which means electrical interference to some extent.

Will we collectively come together and transform or "evolve" into some super awesome sci-fi species like Klingons?

I wouldn't bet on it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Agreed, God is within and heaven is a state of being , we all have the divine spark ,we are all God without religion.
Becoming conscious and living our lives in this state is our goal and as more people become intune so it becomes easier for everybody else. the monkey and the washing the sweet potato thing. It's happening without a doubt and happening faster with every day!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lugus
Honestly, I think the whole idea of a collective consciousness, at least in ways commonly described here on ATS (regarding mass "awakenings", etc.) is a bunch of bull.

Agreed. However, when the collective consciousness is viewed in the perspective of being akin to a wolf-pack there are a lot of similarities.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hmm i must say im quite surprised that the replies so far have been against such a theory. There is so much esoteric litrature out there that supports the theory. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but mine is still that we are heading through the birth canal as a civilisation. Yes it isn't going to be easy but im certain their will be light at the end of the tunnel. I know it's easy to be pessemistic because all we see in the world are harsh realities but there is still beauty in this life and lots of it. We have all been conditioned to hate one another and judge one another but when you go to a spiritual home, be it a mosque, a temple, a church, a monestary the community within is very brotherly and sisterly, everyone looks out for each other. Surely that is the way forward for humanity , to accept which ever god it is into our lives. The life to reach the perfections we see in our gods. To become godly. What higher aspiration could there be for a human? The flip side of the coin is that we just become savages and kill each other. Given the option of the two i know which direction i would be going in.. from some of your responses it seems you have already decided to turn a blind eye toward hope and something beautiful manifesting in this world. I just dont get it...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Hmm i must say im quite surprised that the replies so far have been against such a theory.

Don't worry... they'll probably show up.

There is so much esoteric litrature out there that supports the theory.

People write a lot of things. Can you give me a few examples where we have 'spiritually evolved'?

I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but mine is still that we are heading through the birth canal as a civilisation.

Who was it that had that theory... McKenna was it? Didn't he come up with that because he literally couldn't make sense of why human beings did what they did on the planet?

I know it's easy to be pessemistic because all we see in the world are harsh realities but there is still beauty in this life and lots of it.

Only being realistic... which can be pessimistic!

To become godly. What higher aspiration could there be for a human?

I have no desire to be Godly. Just a human being, like everyone else.. nothing special.

The flip side of the coin is that we just become savages and kill each other.

Again, hasn't that always been the nature of the beast?

Given the option of the two i know which direction i would be going in.. from some of your responses it seems you have already decided to turn a blind eye toward hope and something beautiful manifesting in this world. I just dont get it...

Noone is attacking/negating peace and beauty here. You just brought God into it, which opened a can of worms.

I'm confused... did you only want to hear from people who agree with you??

edit on 31-7-2011 by Balkan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jarusica

you do realize the hundred monkey thing was pure bull, right? It was sensationalized and exaggerated. and completely fake. As part of the report the information came from it was even stated that one potato washing monkey swam between the islands prior to that other island's monkeys taking up the habit. It was this swimming monkey that taught the second island of monkeys how to do it. Everything else was fake. really, it is sad i know - so many people were so eager to latch onto the hundred monkey mania as proof that we are all connected, but it is a proven fraud. google it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Hmm i must say im quite surprised that the replies so far have been against such a theory. There is so much esoteric litrature out there that supports the theory. I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion but mine is still that we are heading through the birth canal as a civilisation. Yes it isn't going to be easy but im certain their will be light at the end of the tunnel. I know it's easy to be pessemistic because all we see in the world are harsh realities but there is still beauty in this life and lots of it. We have all been conditioned to hate one another and judge one another but when you go to a spiritual home, be it a mosque, a temple, a church, a monestary the community within is very brotherly and sisterly, everyone looks out for each other. Surely that is the way forward for humanity , to accept which ever god it is into our lives. The life to reach the perfections we see in our gods. To become godly. What higher aspiration could there be for a human? The flip side of the coin is that we just become savages and kill each other. Given the option of the two i know which direction i would be going in.. from some of your responses it seems you have already decided to turn a blind eye toward hope and something beautiful manifesting in this world. I just dont get it...

just because we dont agree with the OP does not mean we have no hope in humanity's future. I am just saying we arent as mature yet as the OP claims, and that according to my religious beliefs i cannot claim to be a god.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
My intuition is also that, that is the way it will go - it will happen as rapidly and unexpectedly as a phase change in say a physical system - we won't be God, but we will be a lot closer to it.

Because lets face it if it doesn't we are well and truly buggered! - if we continue to technically advance, there will be a new world order of some description conspiracy theories or no. One in which individual freedom of choice will be very very limited or nonexistent as a necessity, simply due to the potential damage that a rougue individual posessing A.I, nano tech and biotech could unleash.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Some are. I really think so, yes.
Some believe that if one person achieves some sort of transcendent consciousness, it raises the consciousness of the whole.

Unfortunately, some people are little more than animals in the consciousness department.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Some believe that if one person achieves some sort of transcendent consciousness, it raises the consciousness of the whole.

Can someone provide some evidence to back up those claims? Just curious, not mocking.

new topics

top topics

join