It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+26 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

www.cyberwarnews.info

The 10GB of private law enforcement data contains:
* The mail spools of police officers from dozens of different PDs
* Usernames, passwords, social security numbers, home addresses and phone
numbers to over 7000 officers
* A list of hundreds of snitches who made “anonymous” crime tips to the police
* Hundreds of internal police academy training files
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Looks like antisec are hard at work again here, i just stumbled across this, wondering what you guys think? Think it might actually work and get those people to have the charges dropped? Wonder if it will be enough, probably not of course. But there are some classified documents in there. Perhaps some scandal to be uncovered because with all of the incidents in brutality, im sure there are ones that have been suppressed, and are very unknown to the public.
Your thoughts?

www.cyberwarnews.info
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Damn these guys work fast!
This could be sensitive data in terms of putting people in danger...
I'm generally ok with Anon, let's see how they handle this.
Thanks for the heads up, OP.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AzureSky

A list of hundreds of snitches who made “anonymous” crime tips to the police

Bazinga.

Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.
edit on 7/31/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho

A list of hundreds of snitches who made “anonymous” crime tips to the police

Bazinga.

Not so anonymous now are they, haha.

Bazinga indeed

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

I'm so sick of these punks. I hope another group takes them down ASAP. While everyone blames Anonymous for giving internet censorship bills a target, it's AntiSec leading the way by leaps and bounds. More and more, I'm convinced AntiSec is Cyber Command pulling false flags left and right.

ETA: The title says "Operation Anti Security"
Can you confirm that this is AntiSec or an Anonymous op? Certainly looks like anon to me in this case. I know the two get mixed up and confused but in my opinion, they're two entirely separate entities.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

what other group?

theres only one group causing nuisance in the internet so govs can restrict it faster

all your internet superheroes are belong to us

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

+31 more 
posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

Go be a troll somewhere else.

Give it a rest son. You've been here just over a week.

*We don't call people trolls here unless they are actually trolling.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
This feels like anon is a puppet group ..so that the government has a red flag to put more control on the net.

Like its all part of a plan?....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I'm so sick of these punks. I hope another group takes them down ASAP. While everyone blames Anonymous for giving internet censorship bills a target, it's AntiSec leading the way by leaps and bounds. More and more, I'm convinced AntiSec is Cyber Command pulling false flags left and right.

ETA: The title says "Operation Anti Security"
Can you confirm that this is AntiSec or an Anonymous op? Certainly looks like anon to me in this case. I know the two get mixed up and confused but in my opinion, they're two entirely separate entities.
edit on 30-7-2011 by SpringHeeledJack because: (no reason given)

It was antisec, if you look on the news site there is a pastebin to the documentation, its all in plaintext right there.

Apparently LulzSecBrazil has 150 sites down also, Looks like its a full scale attack. Which also lines up with the Operation Onslaught as well.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   

reply to post by Exuberant1

I've been on ATS for years.

Then you know how things work here. You have no excuse.

Be respectful.

*Also this is important, so by going back and forth like this we can bump the thread and call attention to the topic of luls/antisec being a government front group.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

We've all got to believe in something. I can assure you that Anonymous is not a group staging false flags. However, there are other elements that have arisen and I would question their intentions. I know it can be hard to sort out but you can tell by what they do.

For example, Anonymous assisted in multiple revolutions, got Wikileaks back on track, is openly promoting freedom wordwide while also going after American policy.

On the other hand, you have groups like LulzBoat that are just outright malicious. They go after everyone, especially civilians. It just reeks of false flag psychological operation through and through. There's also the most obvious possibility which is that they're little script kiddie teens that just want to be little jerks and don't realize the weight of their actions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Well said. I have Law Enforcement in my family. If these kids do what they are threatening and pretty much drop bullseyes on the necks of people who have called some of the tip lines as well as the "snitches", they are criminally liable for any deaths that follow. Good. I hope they are hunted to the last man, IF....they do release this kind of data. The Cops themselves are a whole different matter. That IS criminal by statute in a number of states and this will trigger a very determined hunt like these kids have never dreamed possible after THAT list is put out for the public.

I understand the frustration these kids are feeling and the feeling many have to strike out...but geeze, how about just a LITTLE THINKING before acting. If they burn tip line callers, that whole system could be rattled and possibly compromised entirely.

Now, if a close family member of mine (God Forbid) were a violent crime victim, I would sure hope someone would man-up and tell the cops who did what to my loved one. With this kind of release...why should they? It's putting them in danger just to call an anonymous tip line if this can happen later.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

ok ill dumb it down

so all these hacker groups are on a cyber war, some for activism, some for fun, some for an agenda, some just to show they can.

yet, all of them grouped together are being dextrimental to their own causes.

especially when it comes to internet neutrality and freedoms.

as one group all these groups are only fueling the fire and justifying why exactly governments and mega corporations want to basically restrict why and how you can use the internet

so when you're paying your new internet id license tax and scanning your thumbprint to go online...

trust me, you will miss trolls like me

next time deny yourself the ignorance of assuming what i do know or not

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
I dont believe all of them are kids.
And well, that is their way to fight the system, thats how they wanna do it. Let them risk it. They know what they're getting themselves into.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Maybe those kids finally got some guidance from a good mentor. Or maybe anonymous was able to persuade them to aim their guns elsewhere. I'll just hope against hope that this is a turnaround for them. I know there's a big op going down in Brazil right now but I'm not familiar with Onslaught. I'll give it a look.

Part of me worries that if any AntiSec faction tries to make good with "mainstream" (if you will) Anonymous, they may see the entire group taken down through infiltration. I just can't shake the feeling any AntiSec derivative is a complete shell group for the government.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

We are all Anonymous!
Well, that's what I heard.
Please, be nice it's late and I just wanted to try a little humor.
Sorry, off topic and all and irrelevant and all I am the source, no supporting anything.
Sorry...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

You must know that internet censorship is coming whether Anon is here or not. They're the only ones actively fighting it and bringing the debate to the forefront. If they didn't, internet censorship would be slowly sneaked in under cloak and dagger through quiet legislation only on CSPAN. By that time, it's too late to fight back. The fight MUST be taken to them first, otherwise all is lost.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join