It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
While this seems like a lot of working hacking all these websites, it probably isnt as much as you think.

Most likely these law enforcement websites were probably all hosted as part of the same company, and by hacking that one server they got access to all these websites.

While I'm not sure if I support AntiSecs actions, as opposed to Anonymous which I do, I must admit they sure are getting the attention they wanted.

edit on 7/31/2011 by deadline527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reaper2137
wow, These morons sure are just making it easier for them to make every one on the net known.

All these hackers are stupid, no matter what group they are in. Its just like being the smartest kid with down-syndrome even if they win, They will lose it for every one else.

I don't mind being known on the internet, I'm not hacking or breaking the law. So what would a normal person care? the only people who would have to fear or the morons fighting this so called "WAR"

If it comes to that someone creative will invent a way around whatever they do. The ISPs would have to crack down on so many protocols to stop anonymous access of the net that the net wouldn't be usable without a degree in computer science. If they crack down on copyright too much, sneaker net (buy/rent/steal one and pass it around to your friends) will reappear stronger than ever. It's just like gun grabbing/control, that ship sailed long ago.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
This doesn't seem to match the anon MO as they do not typically distribute sensitive information like this, their usual actions are video promotions about being freedom fighters, downing networks, accessing sensitive info (but not releasing it), and overall just showing what they could do while taking information "hostage" so to speak. Anon is not really all that bad and their goal is only to inform everyone that we are anonymous, stand up and fight for your rights. They are just given a bad rep by msm and tptb because they need a scapegoat. 90% of what they are accused of is not their doing and this is usually proven quickly after because anon likes to claim responsibility. It's a similar mindset to al-qaida claiming their actions. One is not really making a strong statement politically unless they are able to anonymously claim their actions for the organization/s involved.
edit on 31-7-2011 by DarkSarcasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
reply to post by AzureSky

While everyone blames Anonymous for giving internet censorship bills a target, it's AntiSec leading the way by leaps and bounds.

AntiSec is a "merger" of Anonymous and LolSec...I don't know if that point was made after the first page but should be noted. The "merger" happened recently...essentially different regions/factions of the world that hold to the Anon standard more or less. Same peeps...more concerted efforts/cooperation as far as I understand it...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

We have a Constitution in this country. The first 10 amendments are collectively known as "The Bill of Rights." You'd do well to study the Fourth.

Those that forget history are doomed to repeat it.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by AnotherYOU

What would that trap be exactly? You're setting up a straw man. I don't know how inclined you are to stay current on history and politics but it's not hard to see how things go... As I stated before, as well as others, censorship is coming no matter what. That is, unless it's fought.

As to watching from the sidelines, you're either attempting to marginalize me or bait me. Your intentions are obvious and I ask you to not do this because it's highly ineffective.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Yes I know it well, but those that piss in their own back yard are going to be hit by a bus.

I could care less what you wish to say, we have a freedom of speech not a freedom to be anonymous

When that was created they never dreamed there would be cowards hiding behind computer screens.

Just a bunch of children thinking there doing some thing grand. they and people like them are the bad eggs ruining the bunch..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

I see. I had suspected that. Good to hear but it makes me a little shaky. I hope Anon keeps them at arms distance until they prove themselves.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   

I'm not hacking or breaking the law.

How many laws have been and are being created merely for corporate gain? How much of what we do is actually bad and how much of it is truly criminal?

When did communication become the possession of those interested in only monetary gain?

There is relevance in these events along those lines...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Your opinions being what they are, it is irrelevant how you feel. Your dissatisfaction has been duly noted and I hope that when the time comes, you can make a better informed decision on where to shift your weight.

link   

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
I see. I had suspected that. Good to hear but it makes me a little shaky. I hope Anon keeps them at arms distance until they prove themselves.

The nature of Anon/AntiSec is that of a ten foot pole. Truth be told, some do carry it better than others...

link   
Also to the guy talking about researching the 4th amendment, all they want is for you to be known on the net. Has nothing whatsoever to do with unreasonable searches and seizures.

If you are known than your actions will be known to want to be unknown speaks volumes of what you really want to do.

If you have nothing to Hide, than you won't mind being known. Its not a unreasonable search.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
reply to post by MemoryShock

How many laws have been created out of stupidity? Far more than for companies that is for sure.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   
reply to post by SpringHeeledJack

Keep spouting your drivel, Its people like you and them. That are leading the way for our government to make being anonymous a thing of the past.

Either way it wouldn't be such a bad thing. For starters there would be no more threads like these talking about the cowards war.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

If you have nothing to Hide, than you won't mind being known. Its not a unreasonable search.

My apologies but I am so sick and tired of that argument it isn't even funny anymore. Given that the populace of the world holds to many different ideologies and perceptions, the inconvenience to day to day life incurred from someone who interprets your actions /expressions as wrong or malicious/hurtful is unacceptable to someone who isn't truly hurting anyone. It's disruptive and as such, having a privacy invasion for the sole purpose of the "maybe" is bourne of "official paranoia...and propagated by tech mongers who are trying to find a niche for monetary gain.

An example of the last sentence fragment could be the Los Angeles traffic cams...an automated system that is being shutdown because the paperwork failed to provide the consequences that a normal police pull over results in (Drivers License holds until fines have been paid)...

If they're not making money off of you...then you are wrong in some way and the corporate attitude has permeated our legislation...Bollocks to that...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

I figured internet control and censorship violated the Fourth Amendment and the feeling was universal. Apparently it's a matter of perspective. Like I said, I hope you don't hold to strong a belief that you're not willing to continue to learn more on the subject.

Maybe you know all there is to know on the facts of the matter. Maybe you truly feel this way based on a wealth of knowledge from both sides of the debate. No way to be sure.

I want you to know anonymous has your best interests in mind and only has the best of intentions. They cannot be stopped. They will never stop. I'm of the opinion that were government to seize control, Anonymous would find a way to circumvent that. It's only a matter of time. Best of luck to you.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:08 AM
link   

How many laws have been created out of stupidity? Far more than for companies that is for sure.

Your point relative to your past posts in this thread eludes me...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   

You're getting warmer.

Were the government to seize control, I can assure you there would be no thread to speak of.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Also to the guy talking about researching the 4th amendment, all they want is for you to be known on the net. Has nothing whatsoever to do with unreasonable searches and seizures.

If you are known than your actions will be known to want to be unknown speaks volumes of what you really want to do.

I agree, it's not about the 4th amendment. It's about being able to read what you want whether it's a bomb making manual or a fairy tale, speak your mind whether it is for or against any government or politician and not have your name placed on a watch list somewhere because you have to have a digital ID. It's a speech suppression tool for the government to hammer citizens with.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MemoryShock

My apologies but I am so sick and tired of that argument it isn't even funny anymore. Given that the populace of the world holds to many different ideologies and perceptions, the inconvenience to day to day life incurred from someone who interprets your actions /expressions as wrong or malicious/hurtful is unacceptable to someone who isn't truly hurting anyone. It's disruptive and as such, having a privacy invasion for the sole purpose of the "maybe" is bourne of "official paranoia...and propagated by tech mongers who are trying to find a niche for monetary gain.

An example of the last sentence fragment could be the Los Angeles traffic cams...an automated system that is being shutdown because the paperwork failed to provide the consequences that a normal police pull over results in (Drivers License holds until fines have been paid)...

If they're not making money off of you...then you are wrong in some way and the corporate attitude has permeated our legislation...Bollocks to that...

My apologies but I was a Military Police officer for most of my life. So its what I lived by, If your doing nothing wrong than what have you got to be worried about?

different strokes for different folks, I don't mind all the government scrutiny because I'm used to it others are not.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join