It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7000+ Accounts and 70 Police sites taken down in the name of AntiSec

page: 15
<< 12  13  14   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan
reply to post by TinfoilTP

Evidence your group is being steered by the very governments

prove it , seriously, prove it

You're amusing, dont you see you're just ridiculizing yourself with your anti Anonymous hatred
?

You proved it for me, you said an inside police contact phoned and gave you info. You have no way of knowing what that persons real agenda is, and there is no way for you to know who that persons controller is, but the effect is the same. The message you got was it's ok continue on.

When the internet regulation laws get passed and if you guys are still relevant after that, then I will consider myself proven wrong. The way I see it, when the laws get passed anonymous will be dismantled and thrown to the wolves, to prove how effective the new laws are and why we must keep them.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP

Evidence your group is being steered by the very governments

prove it , seriously, prove it

You're amusing, dont you see you're just ridiculizing yourself with your anti Anonymous hatred
?

You proved it for me, you said an inside police contact phoned and gave you info. You have no way of knowing what that persons real agenda is, and there is no way for you to know who that persons controller is, but the effect is the same. The message you got was it's ok continue on.

When the internet regulation laws get passed and if you guys are still relevant after that, then I will consider myself proven wrong. The way I see it, when the laws get passed anonymous will be dismantled and thrown to the wolves, to prove how effective the new laws are and why we must keep them.

Nothing is black and white, just shades of grey. Having contacts within the ranks of your enemy proves more useful than not, regardless of what their intentions are.

Look at how intelligence groups operate. Obviously they make contact with enemy intel operatives, if not just to try to buy them out. With you're logic, you are the enemy if you talk with the enemy.

Do we still live in Locke's "all vs all' mentality?

"Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate -- and quickly." [don't know the source of this saying]
edit on 2-8-2011 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

No, my logic is you are the tool being used by the enemy.
Many layers of denial, with one certain outcome.
A locked down controlled internet.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Don't you get it?

The internet would be getting locked down without this movement. This movement is making people aware.

A mere suggestion of a potential loss of liberty can be the spark of resistance that lead to the fires of liberation.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

What Dimitri told you is logic

Nothing is black and white, just shades of grey. Having contacts within the ranks of your enemy proves more useful than not, regardless of what their intentions are. Look at how intelligence groups operate. Obviously they make contact with enemy intel operatives, if not just to try to buy them out. With you're logic, you are the enemy if you talk with the enemy. Do we still live in Locke's "all vs all' mentality? "Your enemy is never a villain in his own eyes. Keep this in mind; it may offer a way to make him your friend. If not, you can kill him without hate -- and quickly." [don't know the source of this saying]

And your Answer

No, my logic is you are the tool being used by the enemy. Many layers of denial, with one certain outcome. A locked down controlled internet.

You are unable to see a logic, your logic is flawed OR you're totaly in denial.

In any case, im done wasting my time talking to you who purposely dont want to understand and choose to stay locked in his uneducated hatred

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Don't you get it?

The internet would be getting locked down without this movement. This movement is making people aware.

The only thing the people are more aware of is that it is easy for some snotnosed kid to wreck their lives because of the lax regulation of the internet.
This is being emblazened into the publics perception.
MSM headlines on useless hacker attacks weekly.
Come on, Murdoch's webpage defaced???? That really changed the world, but it was a sure fire MSM headline.

The employment of kids and their prominant display of capture makes the problem seem more severe and them Internet regulations more warm and fuzzy. If former CIA/NAVY intel officer gone bad hacks your ID it is not the same thing as 17 year old autistic timmy from moms house who could do it so easy. REGULATIONS ARE NEEDED AHHHH. see my point.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

In any case, im done wasting my time talking to you

Funny because you only came here to talk in this thread by your post history.
It's disapointing to see one give up so easily, but if you don't have a leg to stand on I can understand.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack
As I suggested before, Anonymous most certainly DOES have a "gelatinous" core. Everyone is not pulling off ops on an equal level.

Everyone that posted last made a lot of good points.

SIPRNET would be a great challenge indeed. From what I know from the military, anyone wishing to access it must connect directly to their cables. Although for the trickiest among the tricky, I'm sure there are other ways. As Anon stands right now, I wouldn't ask them to do this. There is way too much information that is really mundane but could kill thousands if released irresponsibly. Things like aircraft combat entry tactics and technologies used by the military to... I can't say, but prevent certain attacks. The technology the Army uses could be VERY easily defeated. Anyway, no more on that subject.

I think we're all arguing two sides of the same coin here.

There is no other way... Our internet works on public cisco routers... SIPRNET runs on private government ones... Unless you plug into one of their routers there is no way to access their network.... It's self contained.

Do you think they are Jason Bourne or something? Jesus.... I doubt anyone is breaking into government facilities to plug in so they can hax boxes....

This is real life... not Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

P.S.

Topiary isn't really a hacker... he's an Activist with a Bank Roll and a good public speaker. When reviewing the evidence it's clear the Scotland Yard made a mistake and nabbed the wrong guy... There is more than one Topiary.... The real topiary... the one they wanted is really the fake topiary... He cloned the name.

P.P.S.

He's also has done video interviews before... and he is NOT the guy they arrested... LOL. He also speaks swedish natively which is why his talking sounds so funny... it's a fake british accent... which sometimes slips off back to a more casual swedish accent.

The interview he did with RT was pretty bad... and the video interviews were in sweden... in which he spoke swedish with an anon mask strapped to the top of his head.
edit on 2-8-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

First rule of SIPRNET is we do not talk about SIPRNET!

They could easily hack SIPRNET if they have people in the military. FACT. Its not a challenge, its like banging a drunk bar slut in a bathroom. I doubt they would ever attempt a SIPRNET hack because it would not generate any media attention. The military would keep it quiet.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

In any case, im done wasting my time talking to you

Funny because you only came here to talk in this thread by your post history.
It's disapointing to see one give up so easily, but if you don't have a leg to stand on I can understand.

Calm down man. Also, lets not attack our fellow ATS'ers. This guy could just be trolling and could have zero to do with the actual hacking group.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Funny because you only came here to talk in this thread by your post history. It's disapointing to see one give up so easily, but if you don't have a leg to stand on I can understand.

No, its just after reading most of your posts in threads treating about Anonymous i just went to the conclusion you're just spewing an uneducated opinion toward the concept of Anonymous, so i just pass by and just find you amusing but at the end,you're just redundant

It's disapointing to see one give up so easily

I agree with you here, i gave up and nothing of value was lost today.
Congratulations , you know how to debate with the rethorical ability of a brick wall AKA total deny of logical arguments

PS: remember, acting like you actualy won a debat on the internet only make the situation pathetic
edit on 2-8-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Calm down man. Also, lets not attack our fellow ATS'ers.

Me? I'm mild mannered.
My post history has been thoroughly investigated and commented on in this thread, I didn't plow the ground to expand the course in this direction, just playing through.

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

PS: remember, acting like you actualy won a debat on the internet only make the situation pathetic
edit on 2-8-2011 by AnonymousVan because: (no reason given)

I never claimed to win anything,
was just commenting on your lack of resolve.
I found it lulzy

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by SpringHeeledJack

First rule of SIPRNET is we do not talk about SIPRNET!

They could easily hack SIPRNET if they have people in the military. FACT. Its not a challenge, its like banging a drunk bar slut in a bathroom. I doubt they would ever attempt a SIPRNET hack because it would not generate any media attention. The military would keep it quiet.

That reminds me of the cable between DC and NORAD that crosses I-65 at the Kentucky/Tennessee border. I remember my brother talking about government doing their pipeline maintenance for them when they were too near that cable. I doubt with the use of satellites today they would worry about that cable too much now and the way I understand it, tapping fiber undetected is tough.
edit on 8/3/2011 by Bramble Iceshimmer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
police in the UK released a statement on tweetdeck reminding people of the laws.
www.tweetdeck.com...

The investigation into the criminal activity of so-called "hacktivist" groups #Anonymous and #LulzSec continues. We want to remind people of the law in this area: The Law Against Computer Misuse

edit on 3-8-2011 by yeti101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by yeti101

Seriously, computer misuse? Your computer is on a network. FACT.

You don't have it secured, no encryption, and it gets hacked. FACT.

You %&*ch because you were hacked. FACT.

Sure, there are laws against unauthorized access to computers. There's also laws about the speed limit, drinking and driving, and so on and so forth. Laws are meant to control the sheeple. Do people break laws? Of course they do. Laws are meant to be broken. DO people pay for their crimes? Absolutely.

You have to catch them first.

Then build a case against them.

Then prosecute.

Then a trial by peers. Oooo, that's a tough jury to fill.

Look at that last line again.

Again, all this is about UNSECURED servers. Stupid idiots running websites that have no idea how the interwebs work, no idea about encryption, and no idea about how to monitor log files. Sad to say, the IT nation is losing credibility.

Hack a bank, and the DHS will knock on your door the next day. Hack an unsecured LEO server, and you maybe make page three news. There's been a call to hack the credit agencies websites. Where's that at?

They (any bank, credit union, or anything money related has their stuff encrypted) are secure. They are not an EASY target. The script kiddies are only hitting easy targets, unlocked doors, and to me, are a bunch of hoodlums. SIGH!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
You make some good points, I agree that the IT industry needs to do a better job security-wise.

As far as "Laws are made to be broken", That is a cop out.

Here is a simple explanation of why we have laws.

The Purpose Of Law

The purpose of Law is to limit and contain harm-to-others.

This is done by:
1. Providing specified formats for contracts, treaties, deals and agreements, then providing registries of these to resolve arguments about opposed memories or interpretations of them later on with these recorded facts from which unbiased third-party arbitration can pronounce final sentence on disputes before they degenerate into violent conflicts.

2. Establishing what constitutes 'harm-to-others' and whether it has occurred; logically and implicitly from the fact that that all conflict starts with, at least, a perception that another or others are violating a plaintiff's life, liberty or property or, at most, clearly doing or having done so.

(Unfortunately Law is exploited by legislators to advance their own interests and agendas. This too frequently violates the life, liberty or property of others and, in effect, generates new grounds for conflicts where none previously existed in diametric contradiction of the purpose of Law.)

Do you understand that a jury of peers isn't literal. A hacker/script kiddie/murderer/rapist isn't going to have a jury of hackers/script kiddies/murderers/rapists.

jury of one's peers n. a guaranteed right of criminal defendants, in which "peer" means an "equal." This has been interpreted by courts to mean that the available jurors include a broad spectrum of the population, particularly of race, national origin and gender. Jury selection may include no process which excludes those of a particular race or intentionally narrows the spectrum of possible jurors. It does not mean that women are to be tried by women, Asians by Asians, or African Americans by African Americans.

legal definition of jury of peers

Yeah, it is smart to lock my door. My negligence, if I forget to lock my door, may be a contributing factor if my house gets burglarized. It is not an excuse for said "Hoodlum's" criminal behavior. If you believe otherwise, then the problem is with your character.

I really didn't have a big problem with the "defacing" of these websites although I don't agree with it. My problem comes with the stealing and releasing of the data (regarding names and addresses, etc..of LEOs and anonymous tipsters) that could have unintended (I hope that these people didn't intend but seriously I doubt that they looked at the big picture) consequences like someone getting hurt or killed.

I think the goal is admirable and the methods are not.

The Road To Hell is paved with Good Intentions.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I think any information gathered either illegally or legally on big brother is admirable. I disagree with the statement that these people are "script kiddies" and only hitting easy targets. There are groups that HAVE been inside banking and credit systems, and they are NOT as secure as you might think. If you know the mechanics of the internet and Unix or Linux and cryptography, it can be done, and again, has been done. Credit card numbers are harvested everyday off the internet!! We only hear about the really big harvests. Most companies don't want the public or their customers to know they have been compromised. Think your credit card is safe on the net??? Haha you're a fool!

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14   >>

join