It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Originally posted by burntoast

im one of those peope who believe in aliens more then god or jesus or religion

I have to completely agree with you on that one, I am just like that, too. It's not that I am an atheist, because I am not; Simply put, the God that I believe in is not "The God", you know, the one that Christians believe in.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
i rather believe the gods are the aliens and if im wrong then sorrry to blurb out my type of belief

btw jesus was a alien DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

how was he born with out the mother having intercourse?

of course GOD(aliens) anal probed her and the baby was a hybrid (alien W/human)

he came back to life due to the aliens finiding where he was and they took him back up since he was a fallen angel(dead alien) they couldnt leave him here since everyone by this age would of been tryna find him and dna test him

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Quantum theory is just that a theory, like organized religion. NO DIFFERENCE.

If you seriously think the mathmatics/observations which underpin QM is somehow identical to organised religion, I'd love to know how you arrived there! lol

BTW - since when has organised religion been considered "just a theory"? I'm guessing you're a young earther...

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I don't do religion. I don't believe any of it and it causes way to much trouble in this world.

Why do I believe in the whole UFO thing? Because given the size of this galaxy and all the new findings it is very probable that UFOs do exist. There is more chance of a alien ever visiting us than a GOD(the GOD that created the earth and sends down sons to get murdered)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I'm not sure I get this OP. Some people believe in a non-human, non-Earthbound entity that has significant power, and/or intelligence that may have created our species, if not the entire world. Call it God, alien, etc.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhatAliens

Originally posted by MasterGemini

Quantum theory is just that a theory, like organized religion. NO DIFFERENCE.

If you seriously think the mathmatics/observations which underpin QM is somehow identical to organised religion, I'd love to know how you arrived there! lol

BTW - since when has organised religion been considered "just a theory"? I'm guessing you're a young earther...

Ever heard of kaballah or gnosticism (not agnostic), rosecrucianism, did you know that catholocism and christianity are two different things?
Have you done much reading on the esoteric?

I say that because it is yet unproven, it is incomplete. You claim it everything follows its laws (hummm like a god just without the personification).

Are you limiting yourself to comparing organized religion to the bible?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Well we believe in UFO's because unlike god you can see them, just because their UFO's doesn't nessecerily mean there are aliens inside them, and atheist's don't believe in aliens, they believe in evolution and the big bang, it's science that provides atheists with the foundations for their beliefs, just like the bible does for the christaians.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatpastyhead
I don't do religion. I don't believe any of it and it causes way to much trouble in this world.

Why do I believe in the whole UFO thing? Because given the size of this galaxy and all the new findings it is very probable that UFOs do exist. There is more chance of a alien ever visiting us than a GOD(the GOD that created the earth and sends down sons to get murdered)

Your statement is beyond false. I will refer to the Hitchhiker's Guide for the Galaxy to explain.

The universe is so big, or infinite, that to calculate probability you must divide by infinity or a very large number thus reducing all probabilities to zero or very close. However if the universe is infinite then all probabilities are probable to occur. Thus threw math you will have a better understanding.

So next time you see a mattress in the swamp do not be surprised if it is alive.

LoL all atheists do is attack the christians even though there are plenty of other organized religions. Why not branch out and use your amazing deducting and reasoning skills to against them also?
edit on 31-7-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
In the course of 365 million years on planet Earth, there has been over a million different specimens that have inhabited our planet. To this day, there are still millions of different life forms and all are able to live due to this planets natural resources, be it water, sunlight, or any other form of resource. Apply that to the fact of the water shooting planet recently found in your other posts and clearly the possibility for "alien" life is given even more authenticity. Gods have no history, you read about them on paper, you're told the ten commandments came from god; is it not within the realm of possibility that man wrote the scriptures? I've read a few plays, listened to brilliant speakers orchestrate beautiful speeches, so surely this must leave a possibilty that man wrote it. Atheism is the most liberating thing since the 13th ammendment, it liberates your mind from "What wouldjesus do?" To "Judging by all the evidence and personal accounts taken in, my best solution is..."

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
This thread will hopefully dwindle away like most others of similar ilk. Many people have posted well written responses yet the OP likes to keep posting whilst ignoring the comments like the stubborn person he seems to be.
edit on 31-7-2011 by BrawleR because: grammar!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

Many atheists are open to the theory of alien life because there is video footage, supposed sightings, dna samples (probably just rumored samples), and other such possible evidence. As far as the Abrahamic Judeo-Christian god, not much "evidence" at all. So hopefully that was a satisfying answer.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Being an atheist doesn't mean he/she has to believe in aliens. And every UFO sighting doesn't mean its an alien driving one. The people that believe in alien visiting earth as certainty is the same foolish approach when people believe in a god giving a crap if your specific life is on the right path or not.

You and the alien believers choose to believe only based on faith . Nothing more. There is no proof of god,jesus,gray little men or lizard people. They are only fabrication of man. Just because a video, eye witness accounts, photos or a small library(the bible) say the existence of something doesn't mean its proof or the "word".

Hope you understand the massive difference.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Hello everyone! I have been doing some thinking lately. Also, a little bit of discussion among co-workers. The topic is as the post title suggests: If you don't believe in God because you can't see him, or believe him to be a tangible object, how come you believe in Aliens and UFO's?

Has science proven that Extra Terrestrials exist beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you met an alien or seen a UFO, that can be proven?

Doesn't an atheist basically believe that there is no higher power because there is no proof, in short?

My questions are simple. How come you have no issue in believing that there are aliens visiting us, yet, you cannot believe there is a God that watches over us and creates everything?

Neither have solid proof, correct? So, you are essentially going against your core beliefs right? "No proof, no existence", right?

For information about myself and my spin on the subject, I am a Christian by faith but also a believer in UFO's. Neither have I felt, or touched, but I believe in them. What is your reasoning on the subject at hand?

first off...UFO stands for unidentified flying objects...not aliens...UFO's do exist every single day

secondly...atheism means not believing in a god...it doesnt mean believing in ET life. you can be an atheist and not believe in ET life

people believe in ET life because science very very strongly suggests (not proves but suggests) that it does exist. infact it suggests it being damn near to impossible for it not to. anybody with a bit of sense to understand the numbers would say they should exist...people who dont are very closed minded and arrogant to think earth is the only planet with life on it...i say life...not intelligent life. and im talking about it just existing...not visiting us

god on the other hand requires pure 100% faith...there is not 1 single shred of evidence to suggest that any religion here on earth is true and any gods exist.

as we advance in technology, science and mathematics keeps answering questions...how earth was formed, how life formed, how the stars formed etc etc...these are all questions people have asked over the centuries and religion was either created to answer them. or modified from a non devine event before hand.

so in short...we have strong evidence to suggest ET should exist...and no evidence to suggest god does
edit on 31-7-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Right but we have to ask....Who made the aliens?????? Geez , let's think about that one. Sorry sometimes I have to state the obvious.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Are you serious? Why is it that people always post:

ATHEISTS!

Like you're calling that group of people out for some sort of word fight on the internet? Stop breeding this ignorance by bunching Atheists all up into one category like they ALL believe in aliens. It is just plain stupid to think we're all the same, please get a clue and realize that we all have different beliefs even if Atheists claim not to believe in god maybe they believe in something otherwise...

If anything you could even come to expect that Atheists carry more potential than the average person considering they search for truth instead of blindly believing what the church tells them to. I respect Atheists because (most) of them have critical thinking on their minds and don't tend to blindly follow any religion because the majority do...

I'm just saying, please don't assume that because one does not believe in god they automatically MUST believe in aliens... *sigh of frustration* good day sir.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

I have actually thought about that theory. In definition:

al·ien
   [eyl-yuhn, ey-lee-uhn] Show IPA

noun
a resident born in or belonging to another country who has not acquired citizenship by naturalization ( distinguished from citizen).

a foreigner.

a person who has been estranged or excluded.

a creature from outer space; extraterrestrial

So yes I do get what you are saying.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Ok here we go:

First of all UFO's and Aliens are two different things. We see Unidentified Flying Objects in the sky all the time. Whether they are from earth or not is a different subject. So you don't have to "believe" in UFO's, they are there.

Since ancient times, people have drawn pictures of "beings" in what look like spacecraft, when earth did not have such technology. Sure not foolproof evidence, but pretty damn good.

There is no "God" and no one has ever seen him/her, nor spoken to him/her. The idea of a supreme being was made up by man, to control people and take their money. That marketing scheme has worked flawlessly considering the amount of naive and weak-minded people that follow their respective religions.

I don't get these type of people, why do you feel the need to belong to a religion? Common sense is all you need to get through life and not some book with fairy tales.

Anyway, just the math alone indicates we are not alone.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
because i never seen any one make something from nothing once so there the fact that life could be on other planets and if you dont believe in science watch your tv

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
you believe in god but not aliens?

scientifically it is impossible that something is created from nothing. if god exists, where did he/she come from? something had to have made god right? or has he just been posting up with extreme boredom for the last eternity?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by GoodLifeGodLike

It would be illogical to think that in this huge universe that we are the only intelligent life. I agree with you on that point.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join