It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
i am also loving how people are claiming what atheists believe. i do not believe in the big bang. atheists believe whatever the hell they want, just like everybody else. atheism is just that, it is not a religion (though some people these days act like it is).

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
If we just deal with our galaxy of 300 billon stars, or so, we still have some very finite limits to how much advance life is out there. I’m sure there are all kinds of “life” in general, but that doesn’t mean we have intelligent space faring life too, and with the ability to get to us, find us. On one hand many of you say it a big universe to use as a point for aliens among us, but you all fail to realize that yes it is a big universe and that limits us just the same to ever run into one of these alien races.

So some limits are time and distance. With about 9 billion years to work with we see that earth took 4.5 billion years to make us, or about ½ the usable time that the universe has been here.. With just time as a factor I don’t see alien races popping all over the place, even though life in general would.

There some other factors that all continue to limit intelligent space faring alien life to come into being. The sun needs to be in the heat range to produce life giving light, so anything outside of what our own sun burns at and we would see energy in the forms of xrays and microwaves etc and not light. Yes, I guess we can say that there is an alien race that use xrays, let’s say, instead of light, but they would not really be able to do much outside their environment just like we would have a hard time in theirs.

We also need to look at the planet too since not any planet would do. Right size, right place in orbit, right sun, time of stability as in terms of a needed Jupiter and moon type system to provide the stability for advance life to live long enough to evolve. We might as well throw in the water aspect too since in all these cases we have as much proof as we do about God as to whether advance life can evolve outside a very narrow environment range.

Am I the only one that thinks it is strange that ALL alien evidence from 6000 years ago to today is ALL still manmade? Eye witnesses, wall paintings, pictures/film, videos, abductions etc. etc. ALL have actually no real alien apart it. This speaks volumes to me, and just happens to be exactly the same “proof” we have for god.

In the end whether you believe in God or aliens you are part of a faith system whether you like it or not…

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
since this thread has moved to discussing the origins of the universe, i thought id add my opinion.

at some point, something had to be made out of nothing (there is always a begginging a middle and an end)
since the idea that a god made everything is just nonsence and we know that matter/ energy can only be changed, not created or destroyed. the only possible thing i can think of would be time travel.
if at some point in the future time travel is discovered, by accident or not, than it could explain something being made from 'nothing'

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
I am an atheist in the sense that i dont belive their is a heaven or a hell, i believe when you die you die. I do believe in extra terristrials, and logically speaking my own theories suggest that when a civilization becomes so technologically advanced they may have the ability to terraform a planet and seed it with life (maybe even in the seeders own image) so i in no way rule out what some would deem a god creating life and maybe secretly watching over us, i also believe strongly in evolution which in my view Has been scientifically proven.

It is in human nature to stick to ones belief, and no matter how much proof is presented a persons perception seldom changes.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
What a troll thread.

First off,

Atheists believe in science and logic. Now do I believe there are life forms out there beyond our planet? Absolutely. Denying such a thing is ignorant and probably shows off your low IQ. However, do we believe in something that was created by our species to keep masses under control like a cult? (Because that's what religion is: a cult) Of course not.

Also, as an Atheist, I can't say I believe there are aliens out there visiting our planet. Is it possible? Sure, it's possible there are advanced beings out there who have discovered space travel and advanced in it more than we'll ever accomplish in our time on this planet......but there's no solid proof of it despite the hundreds of amateur YouTube videos filmed with a cell phone

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
When you look at how vast space is, and the trillions of planets, moons and solar systems in our universe, the probability of aliens existing is quite high.

likewise, when you consider the same size of the universe and then believe that a single sentient being created it all? highly doubtful.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
To be honest I have seen far more evidence for the existence of Aliens than I have of God. I have seen unexplained objects in the sky, I have heard the eye witness testimony of pilots and military personel. Whether this proves aliens are visiting the earth remains to be seen, but the evidence I have seen suggests something extra terrestrial may have visited earth.

Like the prophets in the Bible,

I think many atheist that can accept the AA theory over the existence of god, is because Aliens are a life form and they see god as something supernatural/metaphysical, there is no reason to not believe God is one of us.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaveNorris
since this thread has moved to discussing the origins of the universe, i thought id add my opinion.

at some point, something had to be made out of nothing (there is always a begginging a middle and an end)

Actually no there doesn't... Maybe in our universe it does, but there doesn't need to be time or a beginning etc. A concept hard for most to understand….

since the idea that a god made everything is just nonsence and we know that matter/ energy can only be changed, not created or destroyed. the only possible thing i can think of would be time travel.

Time travel to what end? Remember there doesn't need to be time before or after our universe.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

That is where the Sumerian civilization comes in at.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Minori because: can't spell

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The answer is very simple.
I've never seen God but i've seen a U.F.O.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by southbeach

Have you ever seen an atom with your bare eyes?
How about a dream?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluwindRD
I am an atheist in the sense that i dont belive their is a heaven or a hell, i believe when you die you die.

Do you believe in other dimensions? Do you believe that energy can never be destroyed? Well if you do then you must believe in Heaven and Hell and the soul continuing on….you just name it differently…

I do believe in extra terristrials, and logically speaking my own theories suggest that when a civilization becomes so technologically advanced they may have the ability to terraform a planet and seed it with life (maybe even in the seeders own image) so i in no way rule out what some would deem a god creating life and maybe secretly watching over us, i also believe strongly in evolution which in my view Has been scientifically proven.

Is seeding a planet a part of evolution or is it more like the bible version of how man came into being... lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by southbeach

What does a Undentfied Flying Object say about anything, other than we have people who claim to see angels and demons too, well at least in their case they identified what they claim to see.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
To be honest I have seen far more evidence for the existence of Aliens than I have of God. I have seen unexplained objects in the sky, I have heard the eye witness testimony of pilots and military personel. Whether this proves aliens are visiting the earth remains to be seen, but the evidence I have seen suggests something extra terrestrial may have visited earth.

That doesnt prove anything...we could be flying those things. Well since they are "pilots and military" I guess everything they say is FACT.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero[/quote/

Do you believe in other dimensions? Do you believe that energy can never be destroyed? Well if you do then you must believe in Heaven and Hell and the soul continuing on….you just name it differently…

Nope i dont believe in other dimensions and yes energy can expire/end just like everything else, forces can be stopped - reversed or altered just as matter can be manipulated. Of course this is my own personal view and each are entitled to their own.

Is seeding a planet a part of evolution or is it more like the bible version of how man came into being... lol

either would work in equal measure, one technologically advance alien may decided to plant the seeds of life and see how it evolves, whilst another may decide to place things as he wishs, an apple tree here, two humans there and a snake.. now sit back and see how this bad boy plays out..

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluwindRD

Originally posted by Xtrozero[/quote/

Nope i dont believe in other dimensions and yes energy can expire/end just like everything else, forces can be stopped - reversed or altered just as matter can be manipulated. Of course this is my own personal view and each are entitled to their own.

Wow really? So you don't believe in science? Energy/matter just changes... it doesn't disapear, ever.

either would work in equal measure, one technologically advance alien may decided to plant the seeds of life and see how it evolves, whilst another may decide to place things as he wishs, an apple tree here, two humans there and a snake.. now sit back and see how this bad boy plays out..

So religion could be 100% correct then.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Yes i believe in science but i dont believe in our limits and rules which we have defined as physics. We think we know what matter/force/energy can and cant do, we think we are so close to explaining so much but I personally believe we are so far from the truth that its not even funny.

and yes religion could be 100% correct, thats the beauty of it

edit on 31-7-2011 by bluwindRD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Belief in Aliens and Belief in God dont necessarily have to go hand in hand. No one said they had to. And from what i see the Bible and everything that is considered Biblical is actually based off of Alien encounters but who am i to talk?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

lol, this thread doesn't even make sense.

god= invisible , 'non-physical' "man" who lives in the sky, who no one will ever "meet" or "see".
aliens= physical beings who many have seen, who come from the sky.

Do you ever read stories of people 'meeting god in the flesh"?
No, you do not.

Do you ever read stories of people meeting "aliens" in the flesh?
Yes, You do.

This thread is kind of like asking..
"So, you don't believe in the tooth fairy, but you believe in primitive tribes in some obscure jungle that only a few people have ever met?"

lol

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

I cant speak for everyone on ATS but here is my 2 pennies. I have never seen a god nor an alien. But i have much easier time accepting that there are billions of planets in our galaxy, multiplied by billions of galaxies in the universe, and that one of those planets somewhere out there has the capability of sustaining life and by some chance we were at one time visited or still being visited by the life on one of those planets is much easier to believe vs:

edit on 31-7-2011 by middleclasssoldier because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join