It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I believe that Aliens exist because there are other planets. We live in a planet and we are able to travel to other planets. There are microbes and other life forms in space and these are facts.
What makes people believe that in the entire universe there is no posibility of life, only us?
I don't believe in the God of the bible as an all mighty perfect being because according to what I have read in the bible, this god is not any of the things that people say he is, he is the opposite, I guess they have not read the book. I have not seen any proof or something that makes me think that maybe there is a creator.
The only spiritual proof if you want to call it that, are ghosts, I have seen and heard many evps and have recorded some myself and I have never heard anything related to a God in them.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
When there are thousands of witness testimonies claiming to either have been abducted or seen aliens, tens of thousands of images and videos of UFOs, and a universe so incredibly vast and filled with hundreds of billions of stars with the potential for life in nearly every solar system, 8 bodies which could harbor life in our solar system alone, then obviously alien life exists.

Forget all of the witnesses, all of the images, all of the stories, and all of the videos. The universe is so big and packed with so many starts that thinking we are the only planet orbiting a star that happened to develop life is ignorant, selfish, and closed-minded.

Proof for God on the other hand? Some old book, which contradicts dozens of other religious books that claims their religion and their God is the right one.

So.....yeah, the two aren't even in the same ballpark.
edit on 30-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Ok, you shouldn't generalize, but hey, who doesn't from time to time? Now for the matter at hand. We live on a planet circulating a sun among trillions of other suns. Given that a planet is far enough away from it's sun, with the right amount of moisture, life maybe primitive, will flourish. Give it enough time and a new species of intelligent beings might evolve.

Or

A virgin wife gets empregnated by a ghost. Then gives birth to a boy who has supernatural powers.

Now you tell me which is most plausible?

I don't meen any disrespect it just blows my mind when I see people taking the bible or coran...even the grimorum for that matter, so much to heart that it blinds them from the truth....you are a person, an individual just as unique as I am. YOU make your life not god, and if you choose servitude over free will then that is your choice and we should respect you decision. Just as you should respect ours.

Have a good evening.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
my brother and i had this very conversation not long ago people see uifo s every day
what are they do not know but have seen them
when was last time anyone saw god ???
i know god was an alien a long time ago went home space ship broke down could not get back
if you believe in something you see you are a nut case
but believe in a fairy tale you are the chosen i do not understand that mind set

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

1: UFOs do exist, this is because UFO does not have to be an alien ship, it could as well be a plastic bag, which was not identified. So even if we are not being visited at all by any alien civilization (although I believe we are), it does not mean that UFO cannot exist. (I strongly recommend you check the definition for "UFO")

2: Most of atheists do not believe in God because the Bilbe does not make sense to them (correct me if I am wrong). I myself do not believe in the guy described in the Bible, but I am not denying existance of a creator.

3: It is easier to believe in an alien civilization living their lives, many light years away, rather than in some sort of Mr. ICanDoEverything, even if that civilization has a knowledge that allows them to travel fast.

Anything not clear there?

Conclusion:
I KNOW that UFOs exist.
I do not believe in God as described in the Bible, I am not denying that there is no creator though.
edit on 30-7-2011 by zbyszek420 because: Forgot about a few points.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Heh, it should be the other way around. You believe in God but not aliens? There is more "evidence" of possible alien contact than Jesus being alive. And really, if he was real, he would be an alien anyway.

Edit: And why is there so many threads lately that are like "I believe in God! Why don't you?!?!?!?!?"

Its getting sorta irritating and ignorant...as everything is directed towards the "heathens"- and its also disregarding every other religion except these Jesusy/Christiany ones...

Don't call us, we'll call you. Thanks dudes.
edit on 30-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
atheism is based on logic where as theism is blind belief based on our assumptions.

The word God is being printed in the mind right from the very childhood where we don't use much logic to explain things.There is some reasoning either a proof of evidence or some logical explanation regarding aliens.
Is there any direct proof to convince that god exists? It is illogical to say we are the only intelligent beings in this vast universe, It is logical to say something might have created us but its illogical to say god created us coz we don't have any convincing proof that god himself exists.

Hope there is some logic in belief of aliens rather than god.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I wonder who said atheists beleive in aliens. Your question clearly reflects a theist
A theist imagine things where as an atheist look for logic.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

how come it would be wrong to believe in aliens and u.f.o.'s because people have faith in them but totally fine to believe in a god because of faith in him? surely the answer to the o.p. is faith for those who just believe for no reason interms of having proof or having an experience where it became clear that u.f.o.'s do exsist, alien or otherwise. the answer is faith in those circumstances.

now i suppose a christian is going to tell me that having faith in u.f.o's or aliens is somehow wrong? and they would need proof to believe? that would be funny.

the rest of society do not have faith they believe based on evidence, it just so happens more people have witnessed an u.f.o. than a god so you will get u.f.o. believers due to this, but not based on faith, based on a experience that provided visual evidence to the viewer.

if i ever see god i will become a believer, it is that simple.

belief in aliens and u.f.o.'s has nothing to do with being atheist.
edit on 30-7-2011 by lifeform11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Something about believing in Magical Psychic creatures, that can travel vast distances. Have these magical fairy powers, but not believing in god seems a little hypocritical.

Your choice in which one you believe in, it just seems logical to believe in both.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Like I always tell my wife, who is very religious. "What exactly do you think God is?" Does he have to be some magical wizard with super powers in order to be valid?

If God does exist as a real, living being he / she / it would be a representative of a race or species much older than humans and much more advanced.

IMO, this explains why the miracles describes as happening on Earth in the biblical times no longer take place. We're too advanced now and would recognize or at least suspect we are seeing advanced technology as opposed to supernatural magic. There's a great deal of evidence that our ancestors called ET visitors "Gods" - either by mistaken identity or intentional manipulation by those visitors.

I don't see hypocrisy in atheists who believe in UFOs, however. A UFO has a possible technological explanation and can clearly be seen and experienced here and now. Belief in God is an act of faith.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Because Aliens and 'UFO's are scientifically possible and there exists a sizeable glut of albeit mostly anecdotal evidence to support this hypothesis.

Now. Most of us without a penchant for God-bothering already realise this and choose quiet contemplation of FACTS as our religion instead of childish boogeyman-fear of some omnipotent supernatural entity.

Take a step back, religious folk, and think about how ridiculous your belief system really is, especially in light of all the scientific breakthroughs made in the last century.

Seriously. Stop it. You're Embarrassing us.

edit on 30-7-2011 by angus1745 because: spelling

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Probably a bit of reiteration, but I find it easier to accept that there are other biological beings in the universe as opposed to a spiritual all-mighty being who's presence is everywhere yada-yada bible talk.
While we may not be able to "prove beyond a doubt" that extraterrestrials exist, it's not rocket science to accept that with the vastness of the universe the chance for life beyond ours is pretty good. Unless you're so religious that you've completely shut yourself down to any small amount of outward thinking.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

It's a probability that there is life at the very bottom of the uncharted ocean, based on the fact that life has been found in similar scenarious. It's not improbable to find it eventually.

But I don't think for a moment that there is a gandalf type dude pottering about down there, keeping the order of things.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
I dont see a problem with not believing in God but believing in Aliens. If anything, for all we know, Jesus/God was an Alien.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
When I was a little girl, I saw an amazing UFO in the sky behind my grandmother's house. It was very different than anything I had ever seen. I knew there were aliens. The same week my grandmother saw a glowing object in her front yard and assumed it was an angel. I think its possible they could be one or the other, depending on the person looking at them. Aliens were Gods to some and Gods were aliens to others.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Violetshy

Well, I mean, technically....God WOULD BE an alien. It is not of this Earth....

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   

ET's are our GODS

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Hello everyone! I have been doing some thinking lately. Also, a little bit of discussion among co-workers. The topic is as the post title suggests: If you don't believe in God because you can't see him, or believe him to be a tangible object, how come you believe in Aliens and UFO's?

Has science proven that Extra Terrestrials exist beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you met an alien or seen a UFO, that can be proven?

Doesn't an atheist basically believe that there is no higher power because there is no proof, in short?

My questions are simple. How come you have no issue in believing that there are aliens visiting us, yet, you cannot believe there is a God that watches over us and creates everything?

Neither have solid proof, correct? So, you are essentially going against your core beliefs right? "No proof, no existence", right?

For information about myself and my spin on the subject, I am a Christian by faith but also a believer in UFO's. Neither have I felt, or touched, but I believe in them. What is your reasoning on the subject at hand?

well, Im not an Atheist, but it seems fairly obvious. You're a being living on a planet, and in a galaxy filled to the brim with planets, its hardly far fetched that there might be other beings on other planets. Believing that there's an invisible deity whose sole purpose in existence is being worshipped is a tad far fetched.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

Which God?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join