It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Atheists: You believe in UFO's but not God?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

*yawn* Here we go again. Do you religious types ever actually think?

There is evidence that aliens exist. There is no evidence there is a "god". Not sure who decided "beyond a reasonable doubt" was the standard of proof. Your questions and post is so nonsensical that it is clear that nothing anyone says will make sense to you.

I believe aliens exist due to a great deal of objective evidence. There is virtually none of some silly "god". In fact, the evidence is that there is no god.

The burden is on you to prove he exists. It is not on me to prove he doesn't. That's like me asking you to prove there isn't an invisible kitten in a teacup orbiting the moon.

Religious ignorance just can't die soon enough. Fortunately, It is dying though.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
We already have a reference point for inteligent life existing in the universe 'ourselves'.
Now take into account the 'hubble ultra deep field experiment' They pointed hubble at
a small patch of empty space for 10 days and saw around 10 thousand galaxies, its
estimated there are about 100 billion galaxies in total. Most of them contain on average
a billion stars each, and countless planetary systems.
Early results from the kepler telescope found 750 new exoplanets just by looking at a
small patch of sky for about 6 weeks, the majority of the new planets found are small
rocky worlds similar in size to the earth, and 150 of them are in the habitable zone of
there parent stars, All this from preliminary results of 6 weeks work 'scientests were
stunned and amazed at the results and implications. I read an article recently that said that there are approximately 10.3 trillion times as many planets in the universe as there are humans on earth
so considering all these things, it seems that life must be everywhere in the cosmos.
www.youtube.com... nice hubble deep field movie.

Ok.... so some intelligent life form lives 1 trillion light years away from us, does it really matter? Let’s stick to just our own galaxy first. In earth’s 4.5 billion year history (which is ½ of the universes life span to make planets etc.) it made one life form that just might be able to visit the stars. I can’t say that is super odds.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
reply to post by MasterGemini

So according to that 'Logic' God knows what over 6 Billion people are doing all the time and watches over you all the time..Sounds like fairy tales.

Do you have to be watching your hands to know what they are doing?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

No but how is this relevant?

2nd

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scytherius

*yawn* Here we go again. Do you religious types ever actually think?

There is evidence that aliens exist.

Really? Show me some that isn't basically the same type of evidence that bigfoot exist.

The burden is on you to prove he exists. It is not on me to prove he doesn't. That's like me asking you to prove there isn't an invisible kitten in a teacup orbiting the moon.

Burden of proof is on you too, show me an alien.....

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No but how is this relevant?

2nd

My example is to demonstrate the difference between awareness and watching which you continue to use interchangeably when they really are not.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
I don't understand the comparison between an omnipotent being who created everything (including aliens, I guess) and another life form more technologically advanced than us.

Proof is in the eye of the beholder.

One man sees existence itself as proof of God and another sees proof of himself.

One man sees a UFO hover over his house as proof of aliens and another sees his own interpretation.

No comparison.

On the subject, I believe in them both. To be clear though, I don't see God as an old man with a beard sitting on a golden throne. God exists in everything everywhere down to the smallest possible particle.

Aliens, yeah, totally. We don't have physical proof but we have astronauts telling us Aliens are real.

LINK HERE

So, I believe that God exists everywhere and if an Astronaut is going to go on record and say aliens are real, I believe him.

edit on 31-7-2011 by sdocpublishing because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Yes very much so. Just about everyone is so proud of what they believe in that the cant see any other possibilities. Its sad to see.

I think that is a good point that" in the end" will hold true for only one. I doubt very much it will be science.

You do believe there is an end to everything right?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Of course its the law of all everything especially Living Beings. But its not certain how we came to be nor where we will end up when we die. What i believe in is that in this World all Philosophies are not the One Truth and in the end i dont believe Religion will be right.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by NeverApologize

Because God is an astronaut/alien, annunaki or whatever you may want to call him
And like so many "christians" you conveniently forget that Genesis talked abour numerous gods coming down from the heavens. They were spacetravellers in "UFOS' who were far more advanced than stone age man.
It was the ignorance of stone age man who created gods from these advanced interstellar beings.
So it is easy to believe in UFOs and not in your false god.
edit on 31-7-2011 by Sailor Sam because: spelling

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
reply to post by ypperst

I believe in God because when I was ten years old I had a massive brain tumor. I was given 6 months at max to live, with treatment.

Long story short, I was healed without medicine and only with prayer. That would make a non-believer believe right?

You were healed because you have a fine body and mind that was created by evolution. Nothing more.

If you are looking for hard proof of Aliens you need only look in the mirror. Humans are a fine example of how life organizes through evolution. I know the good books kind of frown on that outlook but its the truth. So when our stellar neighbors drop by, try not to get to up in their grills (if they have grills that is) with silly questions.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeverApologize
Hello everyone! I have been doing some thinking lately. Also, a little bit of discussion among co-workers. The topic is as the post title suggests: If you don't believe in God because you can't see him, or believe him to be a tangible object, how come you believe in Aliens and UFO's?

Has science proven that Extra Terrestrials exist beyond a reasonable doubt? Have you met an alien or seen a UFO, that can be proven?

Doesn't an atheist basically believe that there is no higher power because there is no proof, in short?

My questions are simple. How come you have no issue in believing that there are aliens visiting us, yet, you cannot believe there is a God that watches over us and creates everything?

Neither have solid proof, correct? So, you are essentially going against your core beliefs right? "No proof, no existence", right?

For information about myself and my spin on the subject, I am a Christian by faith but also a believer in UFO's. Neither have I felt, or touched, but I believe in them. What is your reasoning on the subject at hand?

I rofl'd very hard when I seen this. The query lacks any real structure and is like trying to say that the road runner runs faster than the flash. Neither exists in real life just an idea that was passed to us by another person. When we dive into the comparison and do the research we know that road runner birds do exist(Aliens) and the flash is just a cute story(christianity) like a childrens book.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
I don't believe in any gods.
I believe in ufo's.
I, or my kind, haven't killed millions based on my beliefs.
Can you say the same?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by wookiee
I don't believe in any gods.
I believe in ufo's.
I, or my kind, haven't killed millions based on my beliefs.
Can you say the same?

Atheists would include USSR, Cambodia, Nazi, Mao yes? none of them believed in a god and I do believe that they are responsible for over 100 million deaths and murders.

And they did that in just this last century.

How about the japanese during ww2? Did they do it for their belief in god?

You argument is a non-starter.

I think the people here that do believe in a God can in fact say the same. And you confuse Roman Catholicism with the christianity that came before it. Roman C is highly pagan while evidence suggests that christians followed more closely to a buddhist philosophy.

Too much hate in the anti-christian attacks on this message board. You people could do with some God, if it really exists.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

And do the actions of a few people make all Atheists bad people? I hope you dont think that way.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

So according to that 'Logic' God knows what over 6 Billion people are doing all the time and watches over you all the time..Sounds like fairy tales.

Yeah
Magical creatures from other planets come down to earth sticking stuff up people asses and/or raping them,.

Sounds like scifi erotica, thought up by teenagers.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Well I've actually seen a UFO. Never found and evidence for God, other than our beautiful planet that somehow produces life.

Everyone believes something different these days.

"Just because people don't believe in God doesn't mean they don't believe in anything."

A wise Atheist once told me that in a thread such a this......

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

And do the actions of a few people make all Atheists bad people? I hope you dont think that way.

Well I don't expect you to go read all my other posts LoL, but if you did you would see that is most certainly not the case.

I was just pointing out that the arguments so often used, like the one earlier, are retarded in the most scientific of sense of the word.

I am more a seeker of knowledge who dables in robble rousing the ignorant and such.
edit on 31-7-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Call it a religion if you like but what I believe is what the Bible says. Aleins are a part of it .

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No offense but what is the point of this thread?
It's like if you believe in your fairy tale, I can believe in my fairy tale also? My fairy tale is better than yours?

I don't "believe" in aliens, I just accept them as a possibility, a fact of life, based on observations, until I'll actually see one for myself. I don't live my life expecting them, following "their" rules or trying to indoctrinate others about aliens. Don't make wars with people who don't believe me. See the difference?
True, I've never seen an alien, but I've never seen Pluto either, is that means I should discard it as inexistent?

On the other side, the existence of God is not based on observation, but pure faith. Has someone seen God, ever? Is there one thing written about it that was proved to be true?

And we should actually establish about which God are we talking about: Jesus, Allah, Jewish God, Krishna, Zeus, Thor....there are so many of them, is quite confusing.
As many pointed here, there is a huge difference between God (whichever one) and aliens.

If tomorrow someone will prove me that there is no such things as aliens, i'll have no problem with that. The question is, can a believer accept the idea that there is no such thing as God? Ever?

edit on 31-7-2011 by WhiteHat because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join