It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chicagos new curfew

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

Until those young folks start taking money from the register. You ever notice why so many places are putting in self checkout? Its because they don't trust the young employees. Children are society's problem, not just the parents. Give people free healthcare, a good education, safe places to play- install in them smarts, pride, understanding and love, and you get rid of the problems.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

Had to deal with the flashmobs somehow...hes the same race as them and if he doesnt do SOMETHING he could be in a bind...too many non-darkie victims popping up
edit on 7/30/2011 by Homedawg because: sp

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by celimonster
As much as I applaud this law, for those uncaring parents who don't seem to understand the dangers of their children being out at night, oh let's say, since it's dark some pedophile might just snatch them, because the parents are too stupid to realize no child should be out at night.

All of these things have been going on forever, the fact that we now have 24 hour news reguritation its now a huge issue. These things are not going to solve these problems.
I remember the warnings about paedophiles in the 70's same thing I tell my daughter today.

I can't help but criticize it at the same time. No one should be telling me what time my child should be home. If a parent is too stupid to realize that it's dangerous once the sun goes down, they shouldn't be having children in the first place. This is where children services comes in. My daughter NEVER leaves my sight, nor will she ever, unless she's at school of course. (She's only a year, mind you)

The more that government has encroched into the private lives of the population the less the parents have felt a need to control their children because in the end, the Government will do it.

What next, are they going to have a bell they ring at 1pm to tell us we must feed our children, or we'll be given a fine?

Children should be at school, regardless if the parents want them to or not. Just about all children would prefer not to go to school so they can play, why? BECAUSE THEY ARE CHILDREN. They do not understand the consequences of not getting an education. Sh*t, if it was up to the parents, most children would not attend school.

Just my 2 cents =)

I don't think every kid should be in school for 12 years and then off to college, most are wasting time and money when the real education is at home learning to be a human being and a productive member of a family, you can always goto school, you have very few years to grow up.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
^6 weeks on,2 weeks off school all year round....thats the only Nanny State answer that makes sense

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by theshepherd92

Why do you feel sorry for my kid? Because he does the right thing and is always home at a very reasonable hour safe and sound surrounded by a family that loves him?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesII

You just don't get it do you?

For what purpose does a 12 year old (or any school age child) need to be out roaming the streets late at night? Parenting is not your God given right to do as you please; bringing up children is the single most important job an adult will ever have in their life time and the most responsible one. There's no room for down right stupitity and irresponsibility on the parent's part.

You don't like your mayor enforcing curfews? Then don't allow your child to run wild on the streets late at night! It's that simple!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by EyesII

For what purpose does a 12 year old (or any school age child) need to be out roaming the streets late at night? Parenting is not your God given right to do as you please; bringing up children is the single most important job an adult will ever have in their life time and the most responsible one. There's no room for down right stupitity and irresponsibility on the parent's part.

You don't like your mayor enforcing curfews? Then don't allow your child to run wild on the streets late at night! It's that simple!!!!!
Not ever child on the street 5 mins after curfew is running the streets wild. As i stated previously, there are reasons a parent would allow their child to be out after 8pm. And the fact that without any consideration, would you claim every adult that lets their child out 10 mins after 8pm is some horrible human is exactly the problem with this and every other country that has decided they know what is best. You put your damn nose up other peoples rears when it should be up your own
edit on 31-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

If parent's "can't" and the government "shouldn't" then what are the options? Offer an alternative please.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Home school then? What are you saying exactly? What future is there for a child who doesn't go to school?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mustangill

Curfews have been around for a long time. I am 63 now, and there were curfews when I was a child. No one took control of the city, but our city was safe. No teen crime and no abductions. We had curfews.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

That's because mirage is the old school type parent (even said that in one of the posts), where you do as your told, when your told, or you'll be smacked round the head with a belt for being a discourteous little sh*t!

While I do agree in some points that kids don't need to be outside after a certain time, there was plenty of times when I was 9/10/11 and we were at a friends place, and myself and my mate were outside having fun, riding out skateboards around, and not causing any problems.

At the end of the day, there are, and have ALWAYS, been kids that cause sh*t, no matter how much discipline/loving/respect you give them. And this has been going on for 100's of years. So why is it any different now?

Because the ways of the older generations are becoming obsolete, and they know it. What worked 30 years ago, doesn't work today. And I don't see anything changing in the next 30 years, unfortunately..........

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Thunder heart woman

Possibly. Our society is out of control. Geez, read the newspaper, watch the news. It's everywhere. Most adults are responsible, but many are not. Lack of jobs, lack of education, depression, homelessness; these all contribute to crime, and most crime is committed at night.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
This is laziness.

They cannot catch the child criminals so they are going to criminalize all innocent children out after 8:30.

"Blah blah, but ITS CHICAGO"

Civilization will not melt down if this law is not enforced.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   

There is no reason why young school age children need to be roaming the streets past 8.30pm full stop. It's a shame that the Govt needs to put curfews on your youngsters because so many parents just simply don't have a clue about proper parenting.

define propper parenting...who are you...or who is the government to tell anybody else how to parent their child.

everybody brings kids up differently there should not be a solid straight line for parenting.

if 1 parent lets his son out into the street after 8:30pm on a monday why does that make him or her a bad parent? i do think younger kids not yet teenagers shouldnt be roaming around in the dark...if i had a 12 yr old they would probably be in bed by 9pm..but i dont want anybody else trying to force these things onto me.

your right it is a shame the government are doing this...not because parents dont know what they are doing...but because the government are oppressive and saps like you dont recognise it
edit on 31-7-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   

reply to post by EyesII

Their is no reason but their is no reason to the oppisite either if it can happen at night it can happen in the middle of the day but parents have the right to tell the kids to be home by 9:30 or even 10 if they like.
umm I think it is a god givin right unless your claiming that the goberment gave you your reproductive organs. But yes some parents probably need to turn off the tv and spank their child more who knows what would be solved lets all try it I bet crime rate falls,teen preg, teen drinking and a bunch of other stuff that or the goberment will come and take your child witch ever happens first. Question whats the mayor doing out on the streets after this curfew that he dosnt want kids to see

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by Jepic

If parent's "can't" and the government "shouldn't" then what are the options? Offer an alternative please.

Another option would be to make this curfew optional for example. Any parent who is interested in this curfew for its child can contact the local police station and request this service.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Chicago elected this guy as mayor...they got what they deserve, IMO. Live with it!

This "curfew law" will be a real revenue generator for cash strapped cities at $500 a pop. It is all about the money and absolute control of the sheeple by the thuggish LEOs.

You have to be ignorant to actually be living in one of these high-density areas at this time When TSHTF you really don't wnat to be in New York, Chicago or LA., etc. They will be hell-on-earth under a Martial Law Police State.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuroSlam

reply to post by EyesII

Not ever child on the street 5 mins after curfew is running the streets wild. As i stated previously, there are reasons a parent would allow their child to be out after 8pm. And the fact that without any consideration, would you claim every adult that lets their child out 10 mins after 8pm is some horrible human is exactly the problem with this and every other country that has decided they know what is best. You put your damn nose up other peoples rears when it should be up your own
edit on 31-7-2011 by NuroSlam because: (no reason given)

Well heres the deal,

For all those parents who are judgementally handicapped, they now have a guideline to follow. Nobody is suggesting that every child out after 8 is burning down the city, far from it. However there are children out after 8 who are looking for mischief or could themselves be the victims of mischief, we are talking Chicago here where the evening news often starts with a body count, not some sleepy tumbleweed town in Nebraska. So now parents have to think and tell their kids what time to be home, this is a good thing. So you can tell people to get their nose out of your business all you like, it won't change the fact that when your business is to endanger your children with questionable parenting somebody should step in to pick up your slack lest the news be more tragic then it already is.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by TerribleTeam2

What worked 30 years ago can work today among these new generation parents. See, having kids is alot easier than learning your ABCs....bringing them up, teaching them rules and educating them properly is a whole different ball game. It seems to be in the all too hard basket for many lazy parents. You reap what you sow my friend; has'nt anyone told you that?

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Silicis n Volvo

Yeah rightio!

Tell you what.....get back to me when you have kids and we'll compare notes!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join