It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Explains Slow Reaction To September 11 Attacks

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
well that was quite a long think. And so what was his plan after his long "think"? Maybe to put fighter jets in the air? Nope, didn't do that. Maybe allow the Bin Laden family to leave America? Bingo.

Just 6 months prior to 9/11 Runsfeld changed the procedure for handling these situations.

Jets used to be scrambled immediately when a terrorist hi-jacking threat was happening.

Kind of convenient the procedure was changed which was working fine prior to that.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

First of all he needs 7 years to make up this BS,

2nd of all he had that "aura of calm" around him at all times since he couldn't care less about anything anyway.

Damn this guy pisses me off..
edit on 29/7/11 by Romekje because: formatting

That he said anything about it now, and not back then, says a lot about him.

He's about as careless about the rest of society as his entire family is of course.

All they want is money and power by any means necessary.

Which makes the Bush family worthless in my book.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Paulioetc15
He did the right thing by not upsetting the kids. Otherwise if Bush freaked out, then they all be upset.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Paulioetc15 because: (no reason given)

No one has suggested he upset the kids.

No one has suggested he freak them out.

No one has suggested he do a "Chicken Little" screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling".

He should have however, excused himself, and immediately gotten on Air Force One.

Not sit there and do nothing like everything was fine because it was not.

A decisive leader knows when a crisis is happening you need to be on the move.

Period.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
I don't believe a word that comes out of this man's sordid mouth. And I'm wondering, why this garbage and why now?

Is he trying to protect himself from something?

I wonder what this is about - they never, ever do anything without a motive and the motive is always to facilitate/further their secret agenda.

He is trying to stir the pot while Obama argues with Boehner.

Making an appearance after being under the radar for so long does that.

Especially for an ex-President.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9

Is it true he was holding the Goat story book upside down?

No clue.

Of course he knew. It is naive to think otherwise. Have you not seen those pictures of OBL and Mr Bush together, then just out of the blue OBL masterminds the destruction of the towers that had to come down anyway and the revenue could not be raised or agreed on to dismantle them.

That is insurance fraud as well as a host of other levels of Federal fraud.

Most people will not be able to get their head around this because it is just too shocking to consider that the very President was in on it. I wish he was not, but I can't pretend or lie to myself or you.

If the average American citizen knew 1% of what our Government did in their name?

They would be irate and pissed off.

Alas they are too apathetic to figure out politics.

It is obvious to anyone with any intellect that they were in on it.

Very sad and dark, but unfortunately true.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

It is obvious to anyone with an attention span longer than a gnat.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

I suggest you read the book.

Have already done so. Thanks for bringing to our attention the latest spin machine.

Timidgal

edit on 7/29/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/30/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

Glad to hear you've read that book.

I suggest it to people everywhere I go.

And I mean everywhere.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by openminded2011

First of all I want to say this is not a partisan opinion, I am a registered independent.

So am I.

I don't play partisan politics nor party-picking.

I see both Republicans and Democrats as flawed and ignorant.

Neither side is looking at the big picture but through narrowminded blinders.

Originally posted by openminded2011
But I couldn't believe this rationalization by Bush. For all intents and purposes, the country is under attack, but he just sits there as not to "rattle the children"? I was completely floored by how spectacularly ludicrous this statement is. He was worried about the kids? What about the children who watched in horror as their parents burned alive and or jumped to their deaths on live TV? He couldn't have prevented it you may assert. Maybe not, but he could have tried. He could have gotten out of that chair, excused himself, got in touch with NORAD immediately, to see what we had in the air to put up some kind of a defense.Thats what a president does, its his job as commander in chief. Remember at that point in time we didn't know HOW many planes there were so there could have literally been many more inbound. But he just sat there and read a book about a goat. There is something so fundementally wrong about that, and EVERYONE, whether they will admit it or not, knows it. If Clinton or Obama had done this, the right wingers would have been at the White house steps with pitchforks.
edit on 30-7-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

Everything during his entire Administration was done wrong and by the book of crooks.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I read the title of this thread:

a) Bush
b) Slow reaction

Why am I not surprised?

You elect a monkey as you President, now reap the consequence, all of you dummies.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Sorry, this is a crock of crap, there is a difference between aura of calm and lack of reaction.

You are not reading his facial expressions.

I read his facial expressions just fine thank you very much.

Being online too long causes people to lose their ability to read facial ques.

I deal with people in person all day long so being online has not dulled my senses.

Do not try to say something wholly false about me without having any knowledge of me.

In some circles that is considered rude and in some circles it is considered an insult to integrity.

After he gets told about the second strike, watch his mouth and eye reaction closely.

He was definitely affected by the news.

Second, there were also children in the room.

So?

He should have excused himself after the 1st strike to get better information.

If he found out it was an accident come back and finish reading.

If he found out it was a terrorist attack ask someone to explain to the class he had to leave.

It's that simple.

What is interesting about this video is that people called Bush a racist, but he was visiting a class room of African-American kids during the attack.

I never heard anyone call him a racist for any reason let alone his classroom visit.

Third, we also have a Vice President doing stuff behind the scenes, so you are missing what was happening elsewhere. We do not have two presidents for nothing. If one president becomes immobilized or unable to do anything, we have another president who is already moving.

*shrugs*

edit on 7/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

I think you think I have no clue what is going on in Washington D.C.

I know exactly how the President and Vice-President positions work.

Considering I know America was founded around Roman and Spartan standards.

Our President and Vice-President comes from Sparta having two kings.

One who fought with the troops and the other who stayed at home playing politics.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
“Let us never tolerate outrageous conspiracy theories concerning the attacks of September the 11th; malicious lies that attempt to shift the blame away from the terrorists, themselves, away from the guilty.”
George W. Bush

“…if the American people had ever known the truth about what we Bushes have done to this nation, we would be chased down in the streets and lynched.”
George H.W. Bush - interview 1992

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

edit on 30-7-2011 by awareness10 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
And I repeat -- whoever voted for Bush is certifiably insane.

Sorry but the hindsight is always 20/20.

Why, oh why did we go into Iraq?

These wannabe geopolitics experts were playing a global RPG with real soldiers lives. The fact that all of them are still wealthy and of celebrity status just tells you that the American public is brain dead. Congrats, my fellow idiots.

You guys bled the nation to the point of insolvency, you freaking fifth column.

Hate the rabid right wing, to the bone.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Bush Explains ...

Cripes OP, you must be kidding? I assume we're talking Bush2? What a multi-trillion dollar deal for the bigger wigs. Probably "well, I did my part (election promise)", to/supporting the Illuminati.
What was it in his term mayhaps--6.2 Trillion? The only thing about President Obama that sours my mouth is inviting that... to the Whitehouse months ago. What a blunder and a slap in the fface to democratic Americans. And now President Obama's under fire spending 1.2 toward Health Care. Pure silliness toward people who have unsupported Mr Obama. Thank--goodness the 14th Amendment to your Constitution allows Presidential action w/out Congessional support.

Decoy

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Sorry, this is a crock of crap, there is a difference between aura of calm and lack of reaction.

You are not reading his facial expressions.

I did watch his facial expression very carefully, it's something I'm usually pretty good at, and what I saw was someone who looked as though they were 'acting' (badly), pretending to be shocked.
edit on 31-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Slow president... for slow voters... makes sense really.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

reply to post by OuttaTime

If I were to create a new world order, I would not advertise my agenda to the world. I would establish a secret organization methodically and quietly.

I have to question the validity of that video.

What part do you question? Bush did say that. I remember it well.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   

Consciousness of guilt. That is what it is. Why else speak of it now, no other reason except guilt.

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Have you read Any Card's account? What's your take on this?

www.msnbc.msn.com...

Then I read this. I am a little confused that if this is true, that there was a serious threat against Bush, why did the SS allow him to go on his morning jog. Surface to air missiles placed on the roof of the resort where Bush was staying the night before the school visit??? Please read under "Preparations". The whole read is very interesting. "An Assassination Attempt?" too;this all the night before 911.

www.historycommons.org...

edit on 31-7-2011 by aero56 because: more info

edit on 31-7-2011 by aero56 because: more info

posted on Jul, 31 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Everyone should read this. This is amazing information, a lot of which I never knew before. It's long, but wow, just amazing.

www.historycommons.org...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join