It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Explains Slow Reaction To September 11 Attacks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

First of all I want to say this is not a partisan opinion, I am a registered independent. But I couldn't believe this rationalization by Bush. For all intents and purposes, the country is under attack, but he just sits there as not to "rattle the children"? I was completely floored by how spectacularly ludicrous this statement is. He was worried about the kids? What about the children who watched in horror as their parents burned alive and or jumped to their deaths on live TV? He couldn't have prevented it you may assert. Maybe not, but he could have tried. He could have gotten out of that chair, excused himself, got in touch with NORAD immediately, to see what we had in the air to put up some kind of a defense.Thats what a president does, its his job as commander in chief. Remember at that point in time we didn't know HOW many planes there were so there could have literally been many more inbound. But he just sat there and read a book about a goat. There is something so fundementally wrong about that, and EVERYONE, whether they will admit it or not, knows it. If Clinton or Obama had done this, the right wingers would have been at the White house steps with pitchforks.
edit on 30-7-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
His explanation would be fine if he indeed portrayed an "aura of calmness" but he looked like a deer in the headlights sitting in that kindergarten class. Scared and confused.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpartanKingLeonidas
Sorry, this is a crock of crap, there is a difference between aura of calm and lack of reaction.

You are not reading his facial expressions.

*shrugs*

Being online too long causes people to lose their ability to read facial ques.

After he gets told about the second strike, watch his mouth and eye reaction closely.

He was definitely affected by the news.

Second, there were also children in the room.

What is interesting about this video is that people called Bush a racist, but he was visiting a class room of African-American kids during the attack.

*shrugs*

Third, we also have a Vice President doing stuff behind the scenes, so you are missing what was happening elsewhere. We do not have two presidents for nothing. If one president becomes immobilized or unable to do anything, we have another president who is already moving.

*shrugs*

edit on 7/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
If you could have looked inside his head 1 second after he was told, you would have seen an animation of a 2 legged hamster trudging in his wheel. And at the speed of drying paint, his human response was 'I need to finish this book, both for my sake and the sake of the kids', then his happy meal on the way to the big white house to do things about the stuff that happened in that place with those people because of that guy and those things.

This is the same guy who replied to a question about this being a dictatorship, 'only if I can be the dictator'.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
maybe he needs a hug and a juicy kiss on the cheek and big thankyou from the

American People for stealing their tax money and sending their sons and daughters

to die for insane reasons like OIL. I mean, wasn't it cheney who said something about millitary men being

big stupid apes that do their bidding for them without question?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime
This is the same guy who replied to a question about this being a dictatorship, 'only if I can be the dictator'.

Prove it with a source, or it didn't actually happen.

Please do not lie.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by matito

Blame New Orleans on the Louisiana Governor. Bush could not send support without the states authorization.
Blame the people themselves for not leaving and blame Mayor Nagan.
edit on 7/30/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
AAAwwww bless! Its only took him 4 years to come up with this absolutely dog# story! And this is what we are all afraid of going against? Admit it Bush you coward, your lack of reaction is maybe due to the fact... YOU ALREADY KNEW.... A LONG TIME BEFORE IT HAPPENED! Didn't he even slip up and say that he was shocked to see a plane hit the towers... but he didnt actually see it as he was somewhere else? The memory is vague on this now, probably due to being repressed through sheer tiredness of watching people gobble up whatever these pussies feed us.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

www.youtube.com...
edit on 30-7-2011 by openminded2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Saudi Arabia funded 9-11 terrorists who crashed those planes.

Saudi Arabia booted our military out of their country.

Saudi Arabia unplugged their currency from the US dollar.

Saudi Arabia said they were ceasing to accept US dollars for oil.

Saudi Arabia said they were creating the Gulf Monetary Union.

Saudi Arabia financed the Pakistani nuke program in exchange for a few of their own to keep the US out.

Saudi Arabia's been kicking butt.

Bush attacked the wrong country.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

But remember, he said, more than once, that he saw the FIRST plane hit the tower. How is that possible unless there was some sort of closed circuit TV around, like in his limo.
edit on 30-7-2011 by aero56 because: typo

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Prove it with a source, or it didn't actually happen.

link, link, link,

edit on 30-7-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinmaddog

That plane was shot down, Rumsfield said that on camera. And why wasn't that "plane" that supposedly hit the Pentagon shot down by the missiles that are supposed to be in working order?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by OuttaTime

reply to post by openminded2011

Wow! You folks took that literally?

Bush was just being sarcastic.

Bush was commenting on something in which he couldn't control, and he wished there was an easier solution to resolve the problem. Read between the lines. Listen to the chuckles. It was tongue and cheek.

edit on 7/30/2011 by Section31 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Was it? I think he got his ideas from this guy:

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

If I were to create a new world order, I would not advertise my agenda to the world. I would establish a secret organization methodically and quietly.

I have to question the validity of that video.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
It wasn't his reaction that points to the complicity in what occurred on that fateful day.

It's the reaction (or lack of one) by the Secret Service that piques my interest.

Our nation is under attack by hijacked planes, we have no way to know how many, or where they are, and the SS just let him sit there, in a previously publicized photo opp?

And for those of you who may think he was maybe able to tell them to stand down, negative.

At that level of supposed 'chaos' it is not the President's call.

The protocol is extremely explicit as to what was supposed to happen.

Why didn't it?

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Section31

If I were to create a new world order, I would not advertise my agenda to the world. I would establish a secret organization methodically and quietly.

I have to question the validity of that video.

of course you would.... first you want 'links or it didn't happen', so I provide them. Then you blow them off, and I link to a speech his dad made, and you blow that one off. Please... Bush is an idiot, his daddy was an ex CIA puppet, and they are Skull n Bones charter members.
Perhaps Obama saying he visited all 57 states, still had 1 to go which was Hawaii AND Alaska... is a simple over-estimation?

edit on 30-7-2011 by OuttaTime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
My humble suggestion to future presidents who wish to project an aura of calm to school children when an advisor whispers in your ear that America is under attack:

Smile calmly, look at the children and say in a calm, confident voice, "Well, I'm very sorry kids. But I've just received some information that requires my immediate attention as President. I promise to come back here as soon as I can and finish reading with you. My duties as President unfortunately have to come first. Thank-you all for having me in your class room, though."

Then calmly get up, walk out of the class room, walk to your car/plane/chopper/whatever mode of transportation you're going to be using, and get to the business of being Commander In Chief.

Please, do not simply look stunned for a moment, and then continue reading. Not that I personally am persuaded by this claim in the first place, and I don't see how doing the above never entered his mind. Nor do I see why he feels the need to defend his reaction nearly ten years after the fact. But if indeed his intent was to project calm in a crisis, I think calmly getting out of there so he could get to work would have been far preferable.

Just my two cents. Peace.
edit on 7/30/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Clarification

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
The former president I once believed in told a lie and now he is on my list of those not to trust for the rest of my life.

I do not hate him, I dismiss him from the rest of my life.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join