It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Explains Slow Reaction To September 11 Attacks

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by timidgal

is that persons of thier ilk, who have no laudable qualities, but wish to attain stature and power, or continue a dynasty of the same, without having the intellectual and ethical muscle to do the job themselves, require the aid of media enterprises to alter or skew the public perceptions, not just of themselves, but of thier rivals, and thier political approaches.

I knew there were other people out there, awakened to the Democratic game
you also spelled Their wrong... thought dems were supposed to be the academics in the house, ah well.

this thread is pointless. what would you have bush do? jump up and run around screaming " what do we do what do we do?!" oh wait, you would like to see that.. seriously though what could he have done?

Not everything requires the presidents immediate attention, action was already being taken before and as the president was being notified.

you could see the shock in his face, hard to fake that.

Oh and if it had been Obama, he would have probably waited a week ( or 42 days ), to show up in new york.
edit on 29-7-2011 by Kingbreaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Big difference between reacting calmly and not reacting at all. Bush, didn't react at all.

...yeah, he did and his reaction was as obvious as the look on the face of a little boy who just got caught tweakin his winkie...

Hah! That is exactly the facial expression! Naughty Georgy!

I wish I could see him just as a regular good intentioned guy, but the figures just don't add up on this.

I give the security services a clear F for fail in holding the pieces together. I really really really do wish the U.S establishment were the real good guys. Bad stunt and they under estimated the people. We are much brighter than you thought. We did not become fearful, but are now even more outspoken and we are ravenous for justice.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Agreed..except for this:

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

Originally posted by Romekje
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

And the Jet that crashed into the Pentagon should have been shot down with the surface to air missiles that are supposed to protect the Pentagon, once they had confirmation of what was happening (though they really already knew).

If not for the passengers taking control of the flight that went down in Pittsburgh, it would have been allowed to crash into its potential target as well.

The phone call from the flight that went down in Pennsylvania suggests that the desperate passengers were about to do something. However this info wasn't received by the military until after the plane had been (imo) shot down. The lack of a plausible impact crater, debris, and remains suggest it had been shot down. Part of the plan went awry and we had to take it down to cover our tracks. The same lack of evidence fails to show that it was actually a plane that hit the Pentagon.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Tinmaddog because: .

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revolution9
Hah! That is exactly the facial expression! Naughty Georgy!

...yep... its cute on an innocent kid but on an adult its a clear indication of a diseased mind...

I wish I could see him just as a regular good intentioned guy, but the figures just don't add up on this.

...yep... i cant count how many people i've heard say "i voted for him cuz he just seemed like the kind of guy i could hang out in a bar with", which always made me do this >~~~>

I give the security services a clear F for fail in holding the pieces together.

...you misunderstood their job criteria...

I really really really do wish the U.S establishment were the real good guys. Bad stunt and they under estimated the people. We are much brighter than you thought. We did not become fearful, but are now even more outspoken and we are ravenous for justice.

...that may apply to some but certainly not the majority, not even on our best day...

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tinmaddog
Agreed..except for this:

Originally posted by AlienCarnage

Originally posted by Romekje

And the Jet that crashed into the Pentagon should have been shot down with the surface to air missiles that are supposed to protect the Pentagon, once they had confirmation of what was happening (though they really already knew).

If not for the passengers taking control of the flight that went down in Pittsburgh, it would have been allowed to crash into its potential target as well.

The phone call from the flight that went down in Pennsylvania suggests that the desperate passengers were about to do something. However this info wasn't received by the military until after the plane had been (imo) shot down. The lack of a plausible impact crater, debris, and remains suggest it had been shot down. Part of the plan went awry and we had to take it down to cover our tracks. The same lack of evidence fails to show that it was actually a plane that hit the Pentagon.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Tinmaddog because: .

What's that about the 'phone call, that same info was on the flight recorder was it not.
Are you talking about a call from the aircrew then? surely at that stage it would have been monitored.
Who or what rolled the 'plane? it was surely damaged before it hit the ground as light and heavy debris was found miles away, so why would say, the hijackers roll the 'plane as opposed to simply putting it into a dive, as it appears that they did just that. Why would suicide hijackers terminate that flight in defeat. Flight 93 needs to be dealt with.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'm just curious, what would have everyone elses reactions have been?

I most likely would have done that same thing Bush did. You think he should have panicked and ran out of the room? How would have that made the United States look?

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
i can see it now 50 years from now you all are getting your social security check(if its still around) sitting on your front porch rocker and that damn bush!

damned if he did damned if he didnt! what did you expect him to do go all rambo?

then you would be argue that bush acted too recklessly etc.

didnt matter what he did..

and i got news for the cts on here if al gore had won the 2000 election 911 still would have happened but i wonder how many haters hed have or how many thousands of ats threads and any any where the level of anger or vitriol or demagoguery that bush has.

conspriracy theories depends on which way the political winds blow and people have been brainwashed by that party is the republicans are the most evil creation this country has ever known and the democrats are the party of goodness and joy

when in fact theres not too much difference between the two gotta be nice to control and horizontal and vertical and define what is right and wrong do as i say not as i do.

edit on 29-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
IRONIC

Can Bush explain his slow reaction in explaining his slow reaction to September 11 attacks?

I think I can safely say that Bush is "slow" in every sense of the word..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mobiusmale
There...everybody feel better now?

Another opportunity to dump on the ex-Pres, spout your latest theory...he knew/he didn't know, he's evil/he's a dupe (or dope)...etc.

It is beyond me why anybody would want to run for office in the United States...doesn't matter what you do, you will be railed on, called every name in the book, have you and your family run through every conceivable knothole, have every part of your past laid bare.

Now it's Obama's turn...and it will only get worse as time goes on for him.

And for whomever comes after him.

I think it would be great fun to watch what would happen if any of the geniuses posting before me were to run and win a Presidential campaign.

I know, you all think you would be universally loved and revered

pshhh, I would be the most hated President in history.

I would kill all the elderly, Kill every one on welfare, Kill all the homeless just because.

I would order any one in congress not doing their jobs killed. I would order all state and local People who answer to the people who aren't doing their jobs killed.

Cut all funding to any and all entitlement programs, Any programs that wasn't directly related to keeping our government running.

I would guarantee you that by the time, They come for me to kill me or I am voted out of Office we would be completely out of debt, We would have a surplus that the United States had never seen before or would again.

OUR Freedoms would be back in place never to be trashed again, politicians would do their jobs. There would be 2 year terms on all of congress.

I could go on but I'm going to be flamed for this any ways.

edit on 29-7-2011 by Reaper2137 because: WMD's

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Reaper2137

President? Or do you mean Dictator?
Maybe a strong armed dictator is needed to clean things up...(yet without the violence)

Although I don't agree, I see your point, so I won't flame you..

edit on 29-7-2011 by matito because:

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by matito
IRONIC

Can Bush explain his slow reaction in explaining his slow reaction to September 11 attacks?

I think I can safely say that Bush is "slow" in every sense of the word..

Slow? You want to talk about slow, who took over thirty days to finally respond to the Gulf oil spill? Who was it that refused help when other countries offered it to help with the oil clean up? answer obama.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Chance321

I didn't know this thread was about Obama...

Yet here is my reply..

Bush was slow with 9/11, New Orleans, etc...
and...
Obama has been slow with the BP spill, Mississippi flooding, OK tornadoes, the debt ceiling "crisis"..
Yet not just slow, also completely aloof and disinterested..

It's becoming a dangerous trend.. and they should be held accountable..

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Bush is a liar. Plain and simple.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It took ten years for his explanation because his handlers may have not been able to agree on a good explanation.NatGeo is a friendly outlet and so they know they can give them the shoddiest explanations because the overriding goal for the anniversary is to shore up the OS enough for W.to still be able to play hero.

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I suggest you read the book.

Have already done so. Thanks for bringing to our attention the latest spin machine.

Timidgal

edit on 7/29/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/30/2011 by timidgal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Kingbreaker

I knew there were other people out there, awakened to the Democratic game you also spelled Their wrong... thought dems were supposed to be the academics in the house, ah well.

Hmm, I don't remember bringing in the democrats vs republic hyperbole, do you TrueBrit? As a matter of fact, I personally think ALL politicans have become just as corrupt and inept as the next. We were merely commiserating about our common hatred of one particular person, GWB, Jr., who just happens to be a republican.

And are you really going to stoop so low as to point out a grammatical error? I thought we had gotten past that level of immaturity on the threads...

reply to post by neo96

and i got news for the cts on here if al gore had won the 2000 election 911 still would have happened but i wonder how many haters hed have or how many thousands of ats threads and any any where the level of anger or vitriol or demagoguery that bush has.

Well, it would be impossible to answer such a statement since we'll never know how Gore would have reacted. To say that we wouldn't have resented or vilified Gore as much had he displayed a similar level of incompetent inadequacy as George Jr did is somewhat of a naive statement. Speaking for myself, their political affiliation makes no difference and I think they all stink!! With that said, I personally think that Gore was more of a well honed statesman than Bush was and I would assume that his reaction would have been more appropriate and "presidential"; however, that has absolutely nothing to do with his being a democrat or a republican.

Timidgal

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by timidgal

Former President George W. Bush says his apparent lack of reaction to the first news of the September 11 2001 attacks was a conscious decision to project an aura of calm in a crisis.

I'm sorry but I'm not buying it. Anyone who has seen the video of him being informed can tell that he went into a state of shock just as we all did. Why is it that politicians can never just admit that they're human and have basic human reactions? Geez, do these guys really think we buy their BS? So instead of the history books recording that he went temporarily numb from shock, it will now be said that he maintained a "presidental air of calmness" for the good of the nation. Pathetic if you ask me...

Timidgal
edit on 7/29/2011 by timidgal because: weirdness in the display

edit on 7/29/2011 by timidgal because: EDIT: I give up - the cosmos are against me tonight!!! Anyone ever seen anything like this?

Well, no offense but these folks play at a different level. Just as your boss can be a d1ck, a CEO can be a heartless mf and frankly, folks at this level are all the above and damn good actors. What is the mark of good acting? The suspension of disbelief.. I had met his father once at 8th and I, and while acting a timid fellow he was once the head of the CIA. You don't get to be these people as a buffoon. Hell, you can't be any kind of administration while being a buffoon. You have to be harder the higher you get because your decisions affect so many.

Bush an idiot and shell shocked easily?? No my dear, not at all. When helping his dad run for election he was sent in to court the religious folks. He instantly realized what a malleable piece of clay he had at his disposal. Pre brainwashed simpletons waiting to be taken advantage of. And he did just that. With surprising success I might add. The rest as they say, is history.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I really should save my posts for when I'm more awake lol.

Second line. Bush (shrub) was and is a douchebag.
edit on 30-7-2011 by Apollumi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Apollumi

Apollumi,

Do you think that all of the buffoonery he exhibited during his presidency was just an act as well? There is no question that his family is very powerful or that his lineage is rumoured to have some bizarre DNA mixed in the gene pool who were supposedly brilliant (or psychotic) at insinuating themselves within power circles (think rumoured maternal grandpa), but seriously, I just don't know how I can accept this person as being a brilliant actor capable of fooling everyone:

OR

OR

Sorry - I know I went a bit crazy but it was too much fun!!

Bush an idiot and shell shocked easily?? No my dear, not at all. When helping his dad run for election he was sent in to court the religious folks. He instantly realized what a malleable piece of clay he had at his disposal. Pre brainwashed simpletons waiting to be taken advantage of. And he did just that. With surprising success I might add. The rest as they say, is history

It's my understanding that Bush, Jr. was, himself, one of those "religious malleable pieces of clay" so from my point of view, his success was not in brainwashing them but in finding his true brethren. If I approached a group of like-minded women, chances are I would be fairly successful in becoming one of their flock fairly quickly. Doesn't really take any skillfull intellegence to achieve that goal.

Timidgal

EDIT: Woops. I see you corrected yourself when I was playing around with the video links. Glad you realized that there's really nothing to defend here.

posted on Jul, 30 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I hope our presidents don't show an aura of calmness when someone sends a fleet of ships/bombers/infantry to our front door..

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join