It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught on tape: Police beat and taser 'gentle' mentally-ill homeless man to death

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Caught on tape: Police beat and taser 'gentle' mentally-ill homeless man to death

www.d ailymail.co.uk

A shocking video has been released allegedly showing police officers tasering and beating a homeless man to death who they claim was resisting arrest.

Though the video is not clear, eye witnesses say the homeless man - Kelly Thomas, 37 - was unable to put up any resistance and was lying on the ground on his front when the attack took place on July 5.

His screams and cries for his father can be heard amid the tasering noises.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.d ailymail.co.uk

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Yah another hater story about the "heroes" This one comes with a warning the photo that what being subdued by police looks like is quite disturbing even to the trauma hardened.
And yes some cops do some good things....
But anyone who says this is not becoming the face of law enforcement is not paying attention to the ones the law is enforced upon
1 guy 6cops and he resisted to death...yeah right.
Another incident to put something in the form and the last bit, related threads, is redundant. To many
seed

www.d ailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Already posted earlier.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   

Huffington post

Currently, the Fullerton Police Department is performing an inquiry into the incident, and the case is being examined by the Orange County District Attorney's office, reports the LA Times. There have been several protests, and a vigil for Kelly was held in downtown Fullerton, the OC Register tells us.

In an open letter, City Council Member Bruce Whitaker has called for the police to offer a clear explanation and to release a video that apparently shows the actual beating.

Added some more info for ya.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
ATS allows one thread on a topic in Breaking Alternative News and one thread on the same topic in a relevant forum.

In this case - 1 thread in B.A.N. and 1 thread in social issues.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by mustard seed

"Resisting arrest" is now a death penalty offense? No judge, no jury, no right of appeal. You're just dead.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
This is pretty sick !

Protect and serve ? I dont think so.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I was just warning my homeless cousin the other week to lie low...and I posted his experience on another thread the other day. Link

He advised me that he was harrassed by the police and didn't get up and move fast enough. He said that they beat him so bad that he wouldn't stop bleeding so they had to take him to the hospital. At the hospital the cops advised him that he was being arrested for resisting arrest. Well he goes to court and the judge dismisses his case, apologizes for the cops beating him and let him go. I advised my cousin to lie low when the police come around or it will happen again and he might not be so lucky.

Based on this thread my cousin's case was lucky.

edit on 28-7-2011 by relocator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
The "after" photo of this poor man is enough evidence to convict these cops imo. Absolutely shocking!

The more this type of thing happens, the more people will resist when being approached by cops out of fear.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
There seems to be more and more stories coming out of police brutality. I started a thread yesterday linking three stories, two about cops and one about teachers. I am not sure if police have always been doing this and are just now getting caught more often due to cameras and the internet, or there are just more and more nut jobs being recruited to become police. Since there are supposed to be stringent mental and character tests to become police officers, I can't help but think the ones committing these atrocities are placed in those positions to do exactly what there doing.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
everything about CA is sh*t these days. a homeless man..guess beating a black man becuase he is black isnt good enuogh anymore, like the rodney king beatings of 1992. tasering and beating homeless people is the new in thing* sick world we live in. aanother good reason globalization should fail... getting together just to beat rape murder and blow eachother up.
since when did apublic servents job require beating somene sensless resisiting arrest? the idea, is to detain n hold them down, not beat them* CA is a violent state, and so are its leaders and police. people should flock run outta that god dman state n let the cops n gnags take it over literally..let it all go to hell.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Is moments like this, bumrushing the police precinct resposnable and completely destroying it comes to mind.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
It is not just the numerous videos out now it is also that ,say in the 70's, this would have been big news and the cops investigated for real. Although I can think of many instances of folks getting roughed up, the cops knew better than to "damage" a suspect and a cop killing a civilian was BIG news. Now it is almost routine and is mostly just a blurb that is quickly washed over by a lack of coverage. innocent lives are collateral damage in the war between us and them and one look at this poor guy says this is war not a "police action".
Personally I have been on scene as two separate time cops have killed "suspects" one was 20yrs ago in Pismo Beach Ca. Cops sought to stop a homeless man who was well known in the small community. he flipped them and kept walking for which he was shot in the back for "resisting"
the other was a traffic stop in which the guy thought the cop was out of line so rolled up his window and was going to drive off so the cop pulled his gun ,not his stick and tried breaking the window and blew off the guys head instead.That is the last twenty yrs the previous 30 had some good interactions with LE but seeing one killing a decade makes me think something is up as I am just a regular guy not looking for trouble. The second guy my whole family witnessed get killed.
What it all tells me is watch yer arse when there is more than one of them cause they get like sharks on a seal and go frenzy once they snap
seed

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/07285a4f9f4e.jpg[/atsimg]

DAD! DAD! DAD! DAD!

'The only thing we have left of our son is the blood in the gutter, that's all we have left'

url for pic and info

So my question is... When are people going to STOP GAWKING and STEP UP TO THE PLATE AND DO SOMETHING ABOUT COPS (or anyone) KILLING OTHERS!!!

I tell ya there's got to be some kind of loophole in the 'Good Samaritan' law that would allow people to put a stop to senseless beatings and killings by cop!!!

Time to talk to a lawyer.

And it's time for you all to ban together and put and END to this!!!

peace - NO MORE!!!
edit on 28-7-2011 by silo13 because: mad

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

if the "gawkers" intervened, thier life could potentailly be on the line to. police make no bones about what they like to do to people when given even the slightest invitation.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah, I'm not even from the US but all this is just...insane.

I found the people standing, recording and discussing whats going on as it was happening incredibly shocking, I mean, they could argue the cops have guns, they would fear for their lives but seriously, could YOU just stand and watch something like that happening? Cops having guns, fear for my life, wouldn't even enter my mind in that situation I can guarantee you, I would have died doing the right thing! I didn't even hear shouts of protest! Would these people not want the same if it were them at the mercy of the police?! When are people going to start being there for each other? Regardless of race, status, circumstances etc...

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
there is a non government group that is starting to form that will be stoping and punishing any officers seen doing this but still needs more people and support any one who wishes to help stop this madness is welcome to join

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I have questions about situations like this. Since I've been through CCDW trainingand gotten my permit. During classes we were told that we were legal to draw in any situation where were honestly feared for our own lives or the life of another person.

EXCEPT in situations where a police officer was involved. Because we may not have all the information and could make the situation worse.

In a case like this, how much information would I have needed to realize the truth of a situation where 6 armed men are murdering an individual??? Beating him to death.

Is there ANY situation where you can shoot a police officer in self defense???

Has anyone heard of any case in the US where someone won a self defense case against a police officer???

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wingsfan

if the "gawkers" intervened, thier life could potentailly be on the line to.

And if they do not?
It will be 'them' next.
Take a look at history.
It tells the truth for me.

peace

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join