It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost 1967 Spaceship Found Crashed on Dark Side of Moon?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Lost 1967 Spaceship Found Crashed on Dark Side of Moon?

www.foxnews.com

Scientists may have just found a lost 1967 spacecraft that took “the picture of the century” before crashing on the Moon

Read more: www.foxnews.com...
(visit the link for the full news article)

www.theregister.co.uk
nssdc.gsfc.nasa.gov

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Would be nice to finally discover the resting spot of Lunar Orbiter 2 and have some closure on this open ended mission.

Once more data becomes available we will know for sure, but it does appear as an uncommon crater and with strange characteristics.

maybe they found it while scrutinizing the volcano found here: www.foxnews.com...

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 27-7-2011 by paratus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
is that definitely, the "spacecraft" they are saying it is?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
That's a cool find, but the first thing I noticed on the picture from it is.............all the stars in the background of the shot.
Would someone come along and remind me of the explanation of why there's no stars in the "sky" on the moon landing pics ?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

because they were brushed out.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
That's a cool find, but the first thing I noticed on the picture from it is.............all the stars in the background of the shot.
Would someone come along and remind me of the explanation of why there's no stars in the "sky" on the moon landing pics ?

I think it's like seeing stars on earth. The astronauts on the moon were in sunlight (like daytime here on earth). It would have been too cold for them in the dark where they could have seen stars.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
now you know where they got the plot for transformers 3.

decepticons shot it down!!!!

it would be nice to know whats really there you would think we would considering all the "high tech" we have now.
edit on 27-7-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Is this photo untouched? And are those dots in the background stars?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowbeard
[/quote

Looks like Scorpio to me, if the camera was forward facing the crater should reflect this in it's footprint.
Direction of strewn field should be toward scorpio on the date in question.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by truthzouthere

Well thats basic photography for ya. A moving space craft is not going to be able to pick up stars in the sky because of the fact that it is moving and the only way for it to get a good, clear shot of the moons surface is to have a relatively quick shutter speed. If it was in perfect sync with the moon, it could perhaps take a long exposure shot and pick up the distant stars, but because it is moving, it needs a quick shutter speed / short exposure, or else the moon would be blurred.

Try taking a picture of the sky with an illuminated object in front of your camera. Try getting the night sky with a bit of a house light in it. The light from the illuminated, closer object will obscure any light source in the distant.

Now if you turned your camera's speed to something incredibly low, pointed at the sky, and waited a minute or two while the camera collected light, you would be able to pick up the stars, but your camera would have to be perfectly still.
edit on 27-7-2011 by SubPop79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
UFO cover-up...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Why don't we send up a lander with a "smaller" Hubble type telescope. Land, open and give it a URL so we can all log into with HD quality? 360 views, fun for all. I mean, there are no UFO's, or anything out there to fear, right? We are geo-sync with the moon and we could look at our selves and wave back yes?

link   
Why don't we send up a lander with a "smaller" Hubble type telescope. Land, open and give it a URL so we can all log into with HD quality? 360 views, fun for all. I mean, there are no UFO's, or anything out there to fear, right? We are geo-sync with the moon and we could look at our selves and wave back yes?

link   
How is it even possible that NO data of darkside moon shared. SOme have data come on now
some- Russia- China-Americanaz. No govz sent any data gather devices behind the moon to take a peek a boo

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Is this photo untouched? And are those dots in the background stars?

Looks like Scorpio to me, if the camera was forward facing the crater should reflect this in it's footprint.
Direction of strewn field should be toward scorpio on the date in question.

And yeah it almost has to be a slow shutter or possibly at dusk/dawn...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by paratus

Yes because I was gonna ask if that the darkside why so bright and the sky line differences... Either way nice pic.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

www.zmescience.com...

Thanks Bush, the LRO was on his watch

Obama is anti-space....

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by klarkowski67

Yeah I want one that syncs with my Modern Warfare RC XD and I can control from my living room please...

With a nice 11" telescope mounted on top...

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Because you dont get stars with daylight exposure. You get with nightime exposure.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
files.abovetopsecret.com...[/atsimg[/img]

I zoomed in and found this!
I knew it

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join