It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous : Make fun of Breiviks manifesto.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

They aren't burning books. They are essentially flooding the market with spoof copies. Obviously you do not see.
I guess you think parodies should be outlawed (especially if they are parodies of a twisted killers manifesto).

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Putting him in a mental institution would be the best thing to do as he would be likely be locked up way longer there than would be allowed in a Norwegian prison.

It's not the US, but even then there are many cases of people in the US and UK locked up in mental institutions for crimes that they would have only served a fraction of the time for in jail.

An insane killer is more of a threat than a person who kills for a reason. See?

If this guy is not sentenced to "unlimited" punishment in an instutution, I will be surpriced.

But yes my personal oppinion to the alteration of the manifesto is simply, that it will be touched by so many more young hands if Ano does what they have planned. And that simply seems stupid to me.

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crapspackle

Originally posted by Phantom traveller

Besides if the real manifesto disappears and some other versions appear they might help him with his defence in the court.

Huh?

They are trying to obscure it in the public domain. They are not sneaking into his back pocket and replacing his copy.

Sorry i misunderstood,but this is even worse from my point of view.Make it disappear will not change what he did.His "followers" don't need the manifesto,if they decide to do something similar.The manifesto is his justification for his actions.If this disappear,people as usual will forget about it and may i remind you "that those who forget the past are doomed to repeat it".

It should stay there as a reminder of his actions and how they can be avoided in the future.
BTW how this serves democracy ,if we sensor and destroy everything that we don't agree with?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Crapspackle

You need to calm down mate.

That was nowhere near a personal insult, and if you took it as such, i do apologize.

However, getting worked up over such a thing, is really not necessary.

I am giving you my pov, and for that i am getting shot down, purely because i do not follow the opinion of the masses.

Furthermore, i am more than willing to discuss this like an adult mate, if you are up for it

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by GogoVicMorrow

They aren't burning books. They are essentially flooding the market with spoof copies. Obviously you do not see.
I guess you think parodies should be outlawed (especially if they are parodies of a twisted killers manifesto).

Apparently many people here seem to think that releasing the movie "Deep Impact" somehow erased the movie "Armagheddon." Maybe the new Spiderman and Batman reboots completely erase any other Spiderman and Batman movies too.

Obviously Penthouse and Hustler magically erased Playboy from existance and memory, right?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Hilltaker

It wont be though. People aren't going to start out to deface something and then read a 1500 page novel instead. They are just going to start cutting and pasting at will.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

Look mate, it is amazing how you can "assume" to know what i think.

I understand completely the "parody" side of this argument, i fear however, that the original document will eventually become lost in all this, and that the "parody" will then be taken as the truth.

That is all, not trying to start anything here. Just stating my point of view on the matter.

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   

It will never be lost to those who are sincerely looking, but hopefully the casual readers or people who find it accidentally will be more likely to stumble onto something funny as opposed to a manuscript of hatred.

Get it now?
edit on 27-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

You need to calm down mate.

That was nowhere near a personal insult, and if you took it as such, i do apologize.

However, getting worked up over such a thing, is really not necessary.

No one here is worked up. You said that because I do not agree with you, I am blind.
That is hardly an avenue to a productive exchange of ideas. If anyone not on your side of the fence is blind, what good is discussing it with you. I would not call you blind for not agreeing with me. You go ahead and be you though. Maybe when I get back from the store you will have read the whole 1500 pages and your opinion will have more weight, you will learn to be respectful of people that do not readily agree with you, and we can discuss.

Or...you are not even actually trying to read it and you will just dismiss me as disabled for acknowledging as much. Guess we will see. Good luck reading that manifesto. I cannot wait to hear what you learned from it.

link   

Apparently many people here seem to think that releasing the movie "Deep Impact" somehow erased the movie "Armagheddon." Maybe the new Spiderman and Batman reboots completely erase any other Spiderman and Batman movies too. Obviously Penthouse and Hustler magically erased Playboy from existance and memory, right?

Now you are just getting childish mate, i apologized for an apparent insult you felt i made, yet you carry on in this truely unfunny and childish manner?

I am out of this thread, because this is going nowhere.

Thanks

vvv

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I hope that if the do this though that they make the whole thing a spoof rather than just cut and paste or else they will be reproducing parts of the manifesto in mass.

As far as more people reading it because the opened it to deface it, I don't think that's a concern.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
i've heard the original is already a fake

The real one exists in the vatican archives or in the library of congress, i forget which one

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
i just trade marked

"manifesto" for my string of restaurants.

for my culinary statement.

write a book people and make the rounds.
edit on 27-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
Burning books, so to speak.
Now where i have i heard of that happening? The fuhrer would be proud of this sick mofo

edit on 27-7-2011 by 12voltz because: (no reason given)

Yes yes yes, burning books.

Anon shows his true colors. Heil Hitler!!!!!!!!

Hm….. Does anon feel threatened by it?

Sounds like wikileaks. How come they are only for open flow of information if it is in their favor? More liberal activist trying to control the flow of informaiton.
I have a feeling that this will backfire against anon…..

edit on 27-7-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

manipesto salmon delicious..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

It begins..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

Read some of the above posts and see why it is far from burning books.
It actually does the opposite and allows the original to remain but fall off the best sellers list while parody versions are created allowing people to be creative and produce new media.

edit on 27-7-2011 by GogoVicMorrow because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by trika3000

Hi,

Yeah you simply just dont know...

Thanks,

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by GogoVicMorrow

ya, wrapped in paper is the bomb.

impressive and worth another 10 bucks.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Yes, i do find it a problem.

I always find the twisting of the truth, a problem.

Yes, the guy is a phycopath, a terrorist and a murderer, and that i am totally against. But, i am also against a group wanting to change the truth, to fit their own agenda.

Much could be learned from his manifesto, and maybe even divulge some clues as to similar minded people, out there that might plan things.

So in that sense, yes, i do have a problem with them, basically destroying "evidence".

vvv

Our governments are also psycopaths, terrorists and murderers. You're talking as though the original manifesto will disappear, which makes me think you've missed the point.

The murderer himself has asked that his hate-filled message be passed on to as many people as possible....to INCITE others to violence. And that's what you want to protect?

On the other hand, Anon is suggesting we create distorted versions to stop the hate filled message from getting spread around as the psychopath wants. And in any case he has been incredibly dishonest in his manifest because it was plagiarised from the manifesto of a previous mass murderer.

Why don't you just download his manifesto then you can study it to your heart's content, and let his hate-filled message be obscured.

edit on 27-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join