It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Kinda Like The Man I've Become

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Now, I don't like the situation I'm in, but I am starting to like the man I've become since Sunday. Yeah, I know, some people are gonna flip. I lied, at a church. So what. Let me and the man upstairs worry about that, You don't judge me, I will not judge you either.

For the first time on Sunday, I used an alias that I'd come up with for my writing and blogging. A form of anonymity. Well, I went into the church, and what'd I do? I picked up a name tag and put the alias on it. Then ran with it. It was all natural. Smooth talking, confidence, joking around, I felt like I'd been the alias before. I unintentionally conned this girl's heart as well as several people at the church, but hey, now I can run with it even more. It's a good vs evil world now, I can choose to come out and tell the truth or I can keep being the awesome alias that I'd become on Sunday. I love it.

Which road do I go down?
What other choices can I make?
What else can I come up with for the alias?

This is the beginning of something very

Priceless.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Its not Dr.Frankenfurter is it?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
instead of being the fake guy why dont you just actually be that guy?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustinSee
Its not Dr.Frankenfurter is it?

Lol no, it's "Jett"

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by homeskillet

You can prolly be more liberated and honest with a new name....atleast regarding certain issues.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
thats kinda funny... few friends and i decided to do the same thing... just not around town...

edit on 26-7-2011 by GuyPI because: didn't see the jett part

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by homeskillet
instead of being the fake guy why dont you just actually be that guy?

I'm thinking about it

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PTPriceless
Now, I don't like the situation I'm in, but I am starting to like the man I've become since Sunday. Yeah, I know, some people are gonna flip. I lied, at a church. So what. Let me and the man upstairs worry about that, You don't judge me, I will not judge you either.

For the first time on Sunday, I used an alias that I'd come up with for my writing and blogging. A form of anonymity. Well, I went into the church, and what'd I do? I picked up a name tag and put the alias on it. Then ran with it. It was all natural. Smooth talking, confidence, joking around, I felt like I'd been the alias before. I unintentionally conned this girl's heart as well as several people at the church, but hey, now I can run with it even more. It's a good vs evil world now, I can choose to come out and tell the truth or I can keep being the awesome alias that I'd become on Sunday. I love it.

Which road do I go down?
What other choices can I make?
What else can I come up with for the alias?

This is the beginning of something very

Priceless.

Meeting girls and not telling them you name is a slippery slope one should not engage in....for any reason.
I couldnt care less if i went to hell for it or not....its not really the done thing unless your intending on using her for something....which i dont condone given her delicate mindset. (goes to church on sunday, falls in love in an hour...)

You sound like a serial killer or kidnapper......you should come clean and tell her your real name

edit on 26-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by GuyPI
thats kinda funny... few friends and i decided to do the same thing... just not around town...

edit on 26-7-2011 by GuyPI because: didn't see the jett part

Lol nice

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Morrissey sang

I have two faces
One you know but don't like
The other one you don't know
But you don't want to.

Show the real you - that is the one most people will like.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shamatt
Morrissey sang

I have two faces
But you don't want to.

That's an interesting lyric

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
It probably won't end well. You might get away with a fake identity online in a community you don't care too much about, but if you go at it too long in a place you spend a lot of time (for example, ATS) you will be called out eventually somehow.

And in real life its even worse! You are deceiving anyone you pull this on. If it's just some random strangers you are talking to for 45 minutes or whatever I don't think its the end of the world -- although things like that have a way of coming back to haunt you later somehow...suppose you ran into one of these people down the road in a work or socializing context, and they remembered your "dual identity?" It might cause people who trust you to evaluate that trust. And as for scamming girls with a fake identity, well, uh...seems kind of sleazy to me. I'm not one to make judgements about sexual immorality (I'm certainly full of faults myself in that department) but just don't go there man.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by PTPriceless

Originally posted by Shamatt
Morrissey sang

I have two faces
But you don't want to.

That's an interesting lyric

Yup - it changed my life. (Honestly) Morrissey is the best.

Dude - Tell people sooner rather than later. If you follow this through logically, it can only end badly for you. (Would make a good B movie though!)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I don't use my real name for anything I don't absolutely have to, it's good fun coming up with an alias in ~3 seconds every time I get lords

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This behavior reminds me of military pilots and their ridiculous, usually phallac call signs hitting on women with lines like "Hi I'm riceball" or "Hi, call me Hammer" - ugh. That part from Top Gun is real unfortunately.
Tell the girl at church, tell her you are doing research - let her in on it and see is she wants to help you "play" - it may become a bonding experience. But don't allow her to think you are someone else - not cool.
If you come clean you better cover yourself by saying it was a writting experiment - maybe you actually better make it one at that and gain some crediability behind this charade. Or if you find its a life that suits you I am sure you could work for an alphabet government agency. I kid.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by posthuman
I don't use my real name for anything I don't absolutely have to, it's good fun coming up with an alias in ~3 seconds every time I get lords

Right? I mean, if someone sees you at a place of business with a new nametag, all you have to do is tell them, oh, that alias was JUST my nickname. No harm done.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by PTPriceless

All these people commenting and no one gave you a flag?? I'll give you one and a star.

I think I know what you are talking about its just like moving to a new town and no one knows you or you're past so you can be anyone you want. So you reinvent yourself and become the person you always wanted to be but without the baggage. Just don't turn into the person no one wants you to be. I would have some fun with it but do onto one as one wants done onto himself take care.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by enament
reply to post by PTPriceless

All these people commenting and no one gave you a flag?? I'll give you one and a star.

I think I know what you are talking about its just like moving to a new town and no one knows you or you're past so you can be anyone you want. So you reinvent yourself and become the person you always wanted to be but without the baggage. Just don't turn into the person no one wants you to be. I would have some fun with it but do onto one as one wants done onto himself take care.

That's exactly it. Thank you. It's like, I even told them, oh yeah, I just moved into this area from a street a little ways away, always drove by, just decided to come in. I'd already thought of the alias, and just decided there at the nametag table to go with it. New person in a new area. Bingo. Thank.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
My alias even has a facebook page to appear more legit.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
did i miss something? you went to church and gave a false name? pointless and disshonest, yeah welldone.

also what kind of church has name tags? ugh well good luck anyway, wierdo.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join