It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by air101

Nice try. This isn't a "my penis is bigger than your penis" conversation - no matter how much you try to make into that.

oh... so now its a penis thing! now we cant criticise... why cause at the end of the conversation my penis will be 28 billion plus times bigger?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I don't know about 'attack'. But I've been to America.

It's people are lovely and friendly. But mostly they are arrogant. They don't know much outside their own borders and sometimes don't even know where their own cities are.
I found the women plastic and superficial and unable to live without 'things'.
I found the US insular in thought and experience.

I like Americans though in their innocent ignorance of the world. They will tell you the truth as they know it and they are friendly compared to some other countries.

But why are they sooooo loud!

Where they get 'attacked' is they think they are Gods answer to the word. Actually they were, but not anymore and soon the US will be a third world country. Sad really, as the plastic people won't cope.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

Again, I won't be baited into a "my country is better than yours" argument. The simple fact is that if America wishes to be a world superpower, poking it's nose into others affairs and policing the world then it should be prepared to accept criticism without crying like a baby and calling it "hate" every time.
edit on 27/7/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

reply to post by air101

Again, I won't be baited into a "my country is better than yours" argument. The simple fact is that if America wishes to be a world superpower, poking it's nose into others affairs and policing the world then it should be prepared to accept criticism without crying like a baby and crying "hate" every time.

this is crazy! lmfao

well.. you dont have to be baited, my country is better than yours.. we dont wish to be we are the super power.. you dont like us helping other ppl then tell your gov. to phone ours..

again.. lets criticise, i would love to know what exactly it is your country can do better.. that is the point of certicsing isnt it? cause the criticiser feels like something better could have been done, if no one is criticising then everyone is happy right?

clearly you are not happy, so lets go lets criticise. i promise you even though at the end my penis will look bigger, i wont say it or slap it in your face..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

Lol. You just keep plowing on with the ignorance don't you? This thread isn't about what other countries do better than the US, or whose country is better - it's about the reasons why people "attack" America. This has been answered a million times now - yet you keep trying to deflect this by playing the "my country is better than yours" game.

Nice try. Boo.

I'm also not the one who is trying to throw insults around like a little child.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

@ Air

when have europe or australia ever bragged about our economy , the economy in the Uk has been awful
since I was born , Thatcher ruined the UK for everyone accept the rich , and we climbed out of that!
Then the banking crisis , guess how that started ?
also every war we have been in since WW2 which has had in some way mostly been about the expansion of US dominance throughout the world which has cost the UK economy also !

@ erno 86 , I was born in 1982 , and america has been in conflict ever since , dont think they have ever put down their guns overseas ,
I remember watching the Gulf war , and then the first US led invasion to oust saddam , and then afghanistan and now anywhere else on the ever increasing list .

Yep you bet america has had a hand in killing millions world wide , all in the name of democracy , and power.
and now you even go on to state that terrorists are attacking your country because of your foreign policy , which is my point all along !

Your country , funds and supports terrorits groups , and has done for a long long time , they have been involved in an astounding amount of government coups and takeovers.

Dont even get me started on cyberwarfare , which your country is fairly advanced in , whilst I cant link any proof , there is sufficient evidence to suggest that stuxnet , and also anon are both US funded operations to control other countries ,and also to limit interenet freedoms for you americans.

Honestly quit defending the actions of your murderous government.
I hate how britain has stomped all over the world , and how my country Scotland , has been dragged into any conflict the empire demanded. Scots were used as nothing more than cannon fodder for the brittish kings and queens and also to commit horrible acts throughout the world . I dont defend that horrible history , and I dont defend their resource killings now either.

Give me one good reason why the US cant achieve democracy and liberty for all , without armed conflict and without funding US friendly nations , who only serve to further the US agenda and global dominance.

If your country was so great and almighty , they would be able to fix things and make ammends for all the terrible evil they have committed in the name of democracy, liberty and justice without all the death and destruction.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

reply to post by air101

Lol. You just keep plowing on with the ignorance don't you? This thread isn't about what other countries do better than the US, or whose country is better - it's about the reasons why people "attack" America. This has been answered a million times now - yet you keep trying to deflect this by playing the "my country is better than yours" game.

Nice try. Boo.

really??? boo??? lol ok boo boo...

yes im plowing right over you.. you have all this negative, i mean, criticising stuff, about my country like if yours is doing it any better.. but i cant criticise about yours? i cant ask what it is that your country does? something that you have yet to answere unless i missed it?

i live in america, you want to criticise it fine but you better be in the damn top 5 group that is trying to make the world a better place and not just its own ppl in its own country that is doing well with china..

hell i could go down to the top 23 and your still no where to be found.

you want to criticise fine! just dont go all boo on me when i point out your country, and criticise it..

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
To answer the question about who's government is better , or what could be done better!

that quote !

"ask not what your country can do for you , but what you can do for it "

JFK

yeh so the answer lies with us !

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

I never said you couldn't criticise my country - but you won't because you don't know anything about it now do you

Thing is though mate, the topic is other people criticizing America, not the other way around. If you want to criticise other countries perhaps start a thread dedicated to that? Maybe try researching the countries that you are going to criticise first though to avoid looking ignorant!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

reply to post by air101

I never said you couldn't criticise country - but you won't because you don't know anything about it now do you

Thing is though mate, the topic is other people criticizing America, not the other way around. If you want to criticise other countries perhaps start a thread dedicated to that? Maybe try researching the countries that you are going to criticise first though to avoid looking ignorant!

well school me son! im giving you the opertunity to make me look like an ass on how great your country is but you wont cause its not a "penis thing" right?

im asking you to have a construcrive criticism argument about our country but you dont want to cause my penis is bigger than yours atm and its not even errect! you have # to say about my country that yours could or have done better thats why you are scared and dont want to get baited.

im not going to start a thread that is just going to get closed down when we can finish this right here in this very thread.

yea i look sooo ignorant... riigghhhttt!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by wcitizen

Because they want to do the same. Because that's what religions, governments, and humans in general do when they are angry.

So, you can't answer the question.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

So you admit you know nothing about my country? Thankyou, again, for proving my point.

Fact is you, and many other Americans, mistake criticism for hate. This, I believe, is intentional for the most part as it distracts from the actual criticism itself.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

reply to post by air101

So you admit you know nothing about my country? Thankyou, again, for proving my point.

Fact is you, and many other Americans, mistake criticism for hate. This, I believe, is intentional for the most part as it distracts from the actual criticism itself.

what ever dude.. im askiing for the both of us to criticise, i even tried to start it by asking you what your country can do better, yet you still dont want to then try to flip it like its me.. if i didnt know enough about ausies mate, i wouldnt try so hard for this debate that you keep running in circles with..

when you are from a country that isnt even in the top 40 list of development out side its own country but have the hugest opinion on what we do and how we do it its nothing but hate.. its been proven time and time again that ausies and peaons dont like americans, maybe that the reason we dont visit those places? ever think of that?

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

If you really need for it to be spelled out, this might go some way to answering your question.

It's an extract from an article on whatreallyhappened, whatreallyhappened.com... which I believe deserves its own thread.

None of the nations the United States is in the process of conquering has actually attacked us. Iran, the stated next target, has never invaded another nation since it became an Islamic Republic in 1979. The United States cannot make that same claim having since 1979 attacked El Salvador (1980), Libya (1981), Sinai (1982), Lebanon (1982 1983), Egypt (1983), Grenada (1983), Honduras (1983), Chad (1983), Persian Gulf (1984), Libya (1986) , Bolivia (1986), Iran (1987), Persian Gulf (1987), Kuwait (1987), Iran (1988), Honduras (1988), Panama (1988), Libya (1989), Panama (1989), Colombia, Bolivia, and Peru (1989), Philippines (1989), Panama (1989-1990), Liberia (1990), Saudi Arabia (1990), Iraq (1991), Zaire (1991), Sierra Leone (1992), Somalia (1992), Bosnia-Herzegovina (1993 to present), Macedonia (1993), Haiti (1994), Macedonia (1994), Bosnia (1995), Liberia (1996), Central African Republic (1996), Albania (1997), Congo/Gabon (1997), Sierra Leon (1997), Cambodia (1997), Iraq (1998), Guinea/Bissau (1998), Kenya/Tanzania (1998 to 1999), Afghanistan/Sudan (1998), Liberia (1998), East Timor (1999), Serbia (1999), Sierra Leon (2000), Yemen (2000), East Timor (2000), Afghanistan (2001 to present), Yemen (2002), Philippines (2002) , Cote d'Ivoire (2002), Iraq (2003 to present), Liberia (2003), Georgia/Djibouti (2003), Haiti (2004), Georgia/Djibouti/Kenya/Ethiopia/Yemen/Eritrea War on Terror (2004), Pakistan drone attacks (2004 to present), Somalia (2007), South Ossetia/Georgia (2008), Syria (2008), Yemen (2009), Haiti (2010), etc. etc. etc. etc.

These are just the military wars......the list doesn't include the economic, financial war which US has waged on most of the world. For information on that see the video 'Confessions of an Economic Hit Man' and you will find another part of the answer to your question.

I wonder how you would feel if, instead of just receiving criticism, all these countries decided to bomb you back?

edit on 27-7-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by air101

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? I've asked that 4 times now and each time you have deflected answering it and suggested I tell you. Prove to me that you aren't the ignorant closed-off American that you are looking like by answering the question. Jeez, you've had enough time to check Wikipedia by now, though I'd spot that a mile off

You are still trying to deflect away from he topic of the thread which is "why do people attack America" not "What country has done better at whatever...."

And you're not winning any friends by calling people from other countries "peons" - in fact you are just proving your own arrogance.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

reply to post by air101

WHAT DO YOU KNOW? I've asked that 4 times now and each time you have deflected answering it and suggested I tell you. Prove to me that you aren't the ignorant closed-off American that you are looking like by answering the question. Jeez, you've had enough time to check Wikipedia by now Ben though I'd spot that a mile off.

You are still trying to deflect away from he topic of the thread which is "why do people attack America" not "What country has done better at whatever...."

holy #!

i been trying to start this debate like 2 pages ago! this is about our countries..

you want to know what i know about your country then lets start off with..

what is it that your country has to offer that mine cant. if thats too much for you then you can start it off..

unless you want me to go random and be like a australia is home to kangaroos?!

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

Wars happen. You cannot answer such a generalized statement like yours because there is no single universal reason.

Wars happen. Nations fight, and they kill, and people die when they fight and kill. This is planet Earth, welcome.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

i dont need to win any friends.. i have plenty thank you very much..

so i guess its ok to disrespect americans saying that we are dumb and dont know what 4th of july means or we are all fat, brain washed by tv.. yea all that is ok till i say something back...
edit on 27-7-2011 by air101 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join