It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
America - went from barbarism to decadence with very little time to get used to it.

That built the psyche of the people...

The smallest big country in the world.

posted on Jul, 27 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
"Why do people outside the U.S attack America?"

I loled!

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Why do people outside Bagdad attack Iraq?

Either you are trolling, or you are daft.

We get slammed because we do bad things.

Simple, really.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

ohboyherewegoagain.jpg

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Nice troll OP. 2/10 for effort.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

I think it is hard not to, because of the hundreds of military bases around the world, aggressive policies/domination and the ignorance (see below)

or injustice to their own people

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Do you think that nations who do not like USA should be invaded.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by air101

probably brought an attitude with em' too.

helpful things when in the US,

don't say garcion', wench, serf, or hey you! waiter or waitress is acceptable.

learn some english, please and thank you will get you a long way.

smile.

don't throw an attitude, americans can tell.

you don't like the service? don't call the police. not cool.

TIP!!

edit on 28-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

the absolute cheek of the Americans who go on about using English , when they cant even pronounce words properly or spell them correctly !

I could list a few , learn to use English properly before you start slagging of other people for not being able to speak it properly
hahahahah

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by sapien82

"are you talkin to me? huh? you talkin' to me? well. i'm the only one here!"

where am i "slagging" others?

you can write frikkin english, right?

you gots a keyboard that writes french?

most of these anti's have no problem communicating.

you want to let me loose in burgandy!?
wait! what are we talking about again?

eta; ya, it's "off" not "of"
edit on 28-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

haha you can forgive the typo ! but you get my joke though right.

I quoted JFK earlier in the thread , and I think most of the Americans in this thread totally disregarded it , "dont ask what your country can do for you , but what you can do for it " seems fitting as we all go on about how our countries shaft us continually.

@paulioetc15: what exactly has me being from Scotland got to do with , the European allies figthing in Libya ?
as I've said before you Americans go on and on about how much your Government shafts you . As soon as any criticism comes your way for the way your government treats the rest of the world you all jump on the defensive brandishing your guns and rifles , gloating about how great you are as a military power.
Now thats a check in the box for whoever started that military psy ops program to brainwash the american people to love the US military.

I will apologise profusely for anything my country or government has done to offend or harm others around the world, as they are total retards!

I also forgive you all for being brainwashed " I total heart America" we p0wn you pawns !

Im just glad that this thread may have stirred something within you all to actually question your deep love for the US government.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

you are from scotland? sorry, thought you were french.

i love scotland, have a couple friends there, you know groundskeeper willie?

just kidding!

i have a kilt but my chinese wife won't let me wear it outside my studio, go figure.

i really do have scotch friends, lovely couple.

i really want to go there and eat haggis, find nessie and wear my kilt.

maybe buy some bagpipes, love them puppies.

play goff at st. andrews too.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

ok......?

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by fooks

haha you can forgive the typo ! but you get my joke though right.

I quoted JFK earlier in the thread , and I think most of the Americans in this thread totally disregarded it , "dont ask what your country can do for you , but what you can do for it " seems fitting as we all go on about how our countries shaft us continually.

@paulioetc15: what exactly has me being from Scotland got to do with , the European allies figthing in Libya ?
as I've said before you Americans go on and on about how much your Government shafts you . As soon as any criticism comes your way for the way your government treats the rest of the world you all jump on the defensive brandishing your guns and rifles , gloating about how great you are as a military power.
Now thats a check in the box for whoever started that military psy ops program to brainwash the american people to love the US military.

I will apologise profusely for anything my country or government has done to offend or harm others around the world, as they are total retards!

I also forgive you all for being brainwashed " I total heart America" we p0wn you pawns !

Im just glad that this thread may have stirred something within you all to actually question your deep love for the US government.

ok, i have to do this so i don't forget where i am. (quote)

my gov is my gov, i question the idiots we put in there.

we all have to have some nationalistic tendencies to keep our nations.

some more than others, nonetheless, i really love my gov that gave me the opportunity to do anything i can dream of doing.

you guys used to own hong kong, not many countries i need a visa to visit.

we ain't that bad.

we do what we gotta do, like everybody else on this planet.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sapien82
reply to post by fooks

the absolute cheek of the Americans who go on about using English , when they cant even pronounce words properly or spell them correctly !

I could list a few , learn to use English properly before you start slagging of other people for not being able to speak it properly
hahahahah

Did you mention that you were Scottish. To be honest I can understand Americans better than I can some Scottish people.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

Originally posted by Taurean27

reply to post by Taurean27

you do realize how big america is, right?

purple mountains and waves of grain, sea to shining sea.

i have friends who never left the state.

so what.

your podunk countries are the size of our back yards.

and when we have to pay big money to see the stupid pigeons in vatican sq, or take a chance of getting killed in egypt by millitants or GI distress in almost everywhere. what do you think?

i suppose you drink bottled water in the states?

I've been to the States.....RIGHT??????
.......and it ain't the biggest country in the World......RIGHT?
You & your friends who have never been in the REAL outside world, need to do exactly that.!

Yawl little ol' state o' Texass(podunk), fit's into muh State 7 times.
It takes me three(3) days to get to the mailbox.
edit on 27-7-2011 by Taurean27 because: (no reason given)

and what state might that be?

si friggin beria?

or you just too stupid to remember where you put it?

sorry mods!
edit on 27-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

.........and I thought you might've been able to work out which State I'm from without you beig spoon fed by others.

This can happen when you visit the States, as one does tend to be caught up with all the bull# they preach.
In the meantime, I'll practice my Spanish....I'll need it for when the Mexicans take over.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:48 AM
link   
@ fooks , scotland is a wonderfully #ty place ! , we have the beauty of the country and then places like Glasgow where im from to keep the balance on an even keel !

yeh I played golf at St.Andrews , not during the day at night with my cousin and her friends and we were chased by the grounds keeper ! hahaha midnight gold drunk is fun , least I can say I played St.Andrews.

Haggis is tasty , not as good as black pudding though , or even white pudding from Stornaway lovely , try black pudding with scallop's fantastic , the breakfast of kings !

Whilst most Scot's do speak the queens tongue , we also like to keep our native dialects and colluqialisms
I for instance am from the central belt , near Falkirk and moved to Glasgow , so my accent is completely different from Glasweigan. I am considered a Chookter (anyone outside Glasgow) , however im no a Fifer !

Our langauge isnt Gaelic , as most would think , its acutally Auld scots , which is a bastardisation of the Queens English. see Robert Burns.

Please dont get me wrong here , I love American culture , in my opinion Americas greatest export is Hip Hop
it unites so many people from all over the world , we all share the same love for the culture and each other.

Anyways I dont support my government or yours , but # happens right !
just dont defend your governement blindly , however please do defend your constitution , as without it most countries and its citizens wouldnt stand a chance against their governments.

I applaud America as it has produced some of the worlds best free thinkers and greatest minds of the modern age , who have pushed for democracy , liberty and the freedoms most of the west enjoy.

so thanks for that !

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

reply to post by Taurean27

you do realize how big america is, right?

purple mountains and waves of grain, sea to shining sea.

i have friends who never left the state.

so what.

your podunk countries are the size of our back yards.

and when we have to pay big money to see the stupid pigeons in vatican sq, or take a chance of getting killed in egypt by millitants or GI distress in almost everywhere. what do you think?

i suppose you drink bottled water in the states?

If there is a reason at all why some people don't hate, but roll their eyes at comments from America on ATS - and I've not seen this in the real world working with my American based colleagues - you've just made it. Couldn't you have thrown something in about your God given constitution and your garage full of guns to cover all bases?

Note to other Americans who may read this - I know most of you don't go around shouting we are the best all the time, just as I know most of you wouldn't expect me to know the words to Land of hope and Glory (I don't).

Could not have put it better myself. I have friends that live in the US and I love going there, but I am continually reminded of "who is best".........and yes.......I have to "roll my eyes".
It was "fooks" first line that said it all.
He really has NO idea.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

We put him in power, he went rouge.

Did he literally go a funny shade of red or did he perhaps go rogue? Sorry, I know that's pedantic but it seems lots of people on ATS think rouge = rogue. Can't help it, must be my education

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by something wicked

A colony is a location under foreign rule for the explicit gain of the homeland. A puppet country is a nation used to make a wall around another nation. The puppet state remains independent and can do what it wishes, so long they buy the homeland's military hardware and only does business with the homeland.

It's viral. Advertisement really. Why do people who like a book say the same? Why do people who like a movie say the same? Because they believe it to be true. And honestly I do believe it to be true. We are the best, and that's because of who we are. We are everyone. America is the time tested truth that a bunch of people from every corner of the world, from every walk of life, when working together, make the greatest things. If people wish to counter it, then by all means, try.

You have of course conveniently missed the point that the puppet government stays in power through covert use of the puppeteer state providing resource - from arms to killers - to suppress those that would overthrow it in the name of democracy. You are a walking talking character from a Tom Clancey novel aren't you? Frankly, you're a little strange.

posted on Jul, 28 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

Originally posted by Kryties

Nope, you did it for the monetary advantage. If there was any heart in it at all you would have joined the war when you were begged to.

What, when Germany invaded/annexed Czechoslovakia?

No, wait a minute..... That's when England and France and all the rest were begged to join in the war, but refused.

But then, America gets held to a higher standard. An impossible one.

LOL, Really? And at what point did America get involved in that war? And you think it was for just causes? Joe Kennedy was the American diplomat for England at the time and he advised the president against getting involved as he was convinved Germany would win and there 'would soon be Swastikas hanging in Downing Street'. I wonder why the change of heart.

Then if you want to talk about higher standards - and it's you that brought this up. Let's talk about why America even thought there was justification in trying to bring their napalmed version of peace to Vietnam. The original intent was to prevent China spreading its particular version of Communism into the country when the two countries ideology at the time could not have been further apart.

Don't get me wrong, many brave people died in that conflict, in wars they always do, on both sides, but the point is that their country were absolutely misguided in sending them their in the first place and its action certainly wasn't of a high standard.
edit on 28-7-2011 by something wicked because: typo

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join