It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

SOOOOO.......yeah where do we go from here?

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
is this thread for real?

there is only one way this is going to go down.

enter the haters..........in..........3....2....1

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by TheGreatAppleKing

Your avater is Pedo the bear, Troll Much ?

link   
Think about the topics that are discussed on ATS. Now in that context, consider how the U.S. is represented elsewhere in the world.

And there you have it...

+13 more 
link   
Hmmmm maybe because the U.S. attacks other countries. If we were not a super power. Example we were just like Iraq, would you like a military from somewhere else to start setting up bases in your backyard? Bringing the fights to the streets where you usually walk to get to school? I don't know what the internet has to do with it. Probably nothing.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheGreatAppleKing
That's a sadistic realization, if you think im lying there must be something wrong with you/and or you havent seen more of the internet.

People outside the U.S tend to think their GOV is better or their country is better for some reason but in reality its just about equal except for the murders and stuff...

And FYI the internet was created in America by the military in the late 20th century.....

Irony, you wouldn't have the internet if it weren't for the British, we made the computer. Shove that in your troll post and smoke it!

Jamie.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

anyone with a modicum of us history knows that there has been military conflict since the creation of the country.

terrorism exists long before obama and gwb dates back even further.

back in the day i remember jihadists shooting paper targets and training of bill clinton before that sucide bombings in lebanon and so forth.

so no matter how much people love to hate on bush he didnt start any of that.

not defending bush but the middle east and libya and somalia to noreiga have no love for the us.

look at history even further back to the shaw of iran and a myraid of other examples thoughout history.

alot of people hate america because we are successful and try to be like us because they all want to be top dog on their blocks.

greed jealousy envy all of the above but whats most important is the perception of this country manipulated by other countries for their own agendas.

nothing unites any people with a common foe that is except in this country.

it creates divsion and tunnel vision with the motives of control.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   

We don't hate the USA, we feel sorry for you having to put up with the stupid government and legislators that you are putting up with.
Anyway it is a free world, people are allowed to love/hate/like/dislike whoever they want to.
And there have been a lot of things recently, say since 9/11, that have changed the world's perception about your country. From intrusive body groping at airports, to unjustified wars and bully tactics over unhealthy and genetically modified food to name a few.
Then there is the assumption by a lot of yanks that they are right (ALL THE TIME) and we, the rest of the world are idiots.
From outside of the USA we see a lot of ignorant people, who mainly have never been outside their own home state, telling us what to do.
And seeing as only 25% of you yanks have a passport, it proves how ignorant most of you are about world affairs. You TV news virtually ignores the rest of the world and perpetuates the idea of the ignorant american.
And because your news services are so inward looking, you don't get a real feel of what it is really like outside of the USA, you guys are brainwashed by third rate newsmedia.
edit on 26-7-2011 by Sailor Sam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyanhide

Your avater is Pedo the bear, Troll Much ?

Glad you noticed that too.

I've been meaning to ask him why Pedobear is his avatar and if he knows what it represents.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

This is just my opinion based on factual observations. I will try not to generalize as you have done in your thread title and OP. Not all people attack the USA. Most people like Americans in general. The majority of people that criticize the USA are criticizing the government, not the people as a whole. Of course I will admit there are people who classify Americans under several stereotypes, but the people who do this are just as guilty as the people they are making fun of if not even guiltier. I think one of the main reasons the USA gets it the worse is because of their foreign policies which reflect hypocrisy. I am Canadian and see this all the time. I feel obligated to correct my fellow countrymen when they do this. For example, Canadians are in no position to ridicule Americans because we are just as hypocritical in almost every way.

Anyone who has a general hatred for America is usually from a country that is just as bad if not worse for the same reasons that they criticize the USA for. The USA is an easy victim because the media is so in your face about it that it is difficult not to get angry at the crap they try and shove down their citizen's throats on a daily basis. Thankfully most Americans are beyond this stupidity and just laugh it off. People might say that the American population is beyond lost and has no chance, but I guarantee when SHTF for real they will be the first ones to really revolt. I think that time is near. I will stand side by side with my American brothers when this happens.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

middle east and libya and somalia to noreiga have no love for the us.

^^Yet we still provide aid to these countries or people like Noriega you mentioned. Now I am a person who believes in taking care of your own before others. Do we not learn from history? Or is our Government that ignorant?

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I'm a brit and love America, I have been many times and can only report on how friendly the people I have met there are. Its a great country and you guys are lucky to live there. You have an amazing Constitution that any nation would be proud of.

However, the reason Americans get flack on ATS is mainly because of your foreign policy and what many outside America see as an increasing corporatism taking over the country. People outside of the US are also concerned that when America sneezes the rest of the world catches a cold.

I also imagine it's a new experience for some Americans to be told that some people around the world don't like you? Unfortunately thats what your going to get on a global internet forum. Not everyone thinks the USA is the best country in the world.

Lots of people on this site slag of Britain, I try not to get offended as i know they are not implying I as a British person am bad, but that my government has been involved in some shady practices in it's history, which would be a fair criticism.

I think you'll find that the majority of people in the west like America and would choose America over any other super power at the drop of a hat.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I believe its the media that we see from the USA that gives people their idea of what they think people from the USA are like, which isn't realy fair and quite ignorent in itself. People see programs like Jersey Shore, Ricky Lake and Glenn Beck and seem to assume these are the types of programs Americans watch. Which is like saying everyone in Britain enjoys watching Big Brother and X-factor.

The Westen world seems to judge people by its media, and in Britain, when riddiculing the Americans, they always show the nutt jobs on some news program who doesn't know his georgraphy at all, and believe such things as Israel is a muslim state, or that every country that is not like America should be bombed in the name of "Freedom", and we never see the real Americans, that know their getting screwed over and have their own head to think with.

It's the same on the other side of the ocean, where British people are always seen as posh toffs, who love crumpits and tea, and we're all on talking pars with the Queen. It's just steriotyping.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

i agree with taking care of our own first i have always felt that one should be able to take care of themselves first before they can even think about anything or anyone else.

with the caviat i am responsibile for me noone else is.

and no we dont and we never have learned anything from our own history we never have.

we keep doing the same things over and over again

if i remember right the very definition of insanity.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

You're the very reason why people from other countries speak their mind about us. Are you that blind and ignorant to what you're saying in your post? Your own words reflect the whole "ignorant" mindset other people have of us, and frankly, your post is just more ammunition to the fire - which means it's reinforcing the mindset you're protesting about. Good job!

/facepalm

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I can only speak for myself. I do not hate the American people, i dislike their government. Well, i dislike most governments as i do my own. What is unfortunate is that every country has their douchebags, as ATS do.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Why do people outside the U.S attack America?,

my answer:
I love you America - Im serious

I hate to hate Americans . but there is no other way

+ America wants to make the one world government.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

the longer you are drawing breath the more people you are going to meet right here in the USA that are ashamed of what our government directs our military to do, and rightly so. patriotism is a motivational tool used to sway young people to join the military, thinking they are going to help, to make a difference, to do the right thing. in the years to come you will meet young veterans who have been there done that and found out they were horribly mislead.

as the years go by you will see the trend for our politicians to say one thing and do another time and time again. you will realize every day working slobs take it up the pipe cradle to grave while the rich and the powerful do as they damn well please, regardless of what may be good for the voters, the taxpayers, the old, the young, the ill, the veterans, the homeless, etcetera.

some day you will read what The Federal Reserve is supposed to do and have done, then you can find out what they actually did.

some day you may read what Foreign Aid really is. it's right on our .gov website and it's enough to make one vomit.

America is probably the most vile, sinful, horrible country of the world. we are responsible for more death, destruction, suffering, chaos, manipulation, unending greed and unchecked piggish consumption than any other country. that we citizens don't rise up and kill the evil overlords of politics, finance and many corporate structures leaves cartoon strip-like swirl marks constantly appearing above my perplexed, furrowed brow.

buy a few newspapers and read about how many shootings and killings took place in America last weekend. people in other countries see and read news about this country. can you imagine what they must think? most people do not live like we do.

turn on your big screen TV and check out how many Reality TV shows depict and glorify the absolute worst human behavior. many countries don't allow many American TV programs to air for fear their people will turn into pieces of crap as well.

you don't have to look outside America to find why this country is hated. ask the millions of native people that were slaughtered and ask the surviving Indians what has become of their land, their cultures, their people. read up on what the USA government has done for those people.

go to Wal-Mart after Wal-Mart across America and admire the herds of overweight white trash grazing on cheap imported products while their sticky-faced overfed crotchfruit run amuck up and down the aisles.

It's those low, low prices, man. That's why everybody hates America.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pandapowerjamie

REALLY because i recall the first ever super computer also being made by the U.S military.

posted on Jul, 26 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Gee, I think that's the same attitude that we Americans have. Our country is better, our system is better, etc etc. without having any personal knowledge of what the rest of the world is really like.

AND.............EVERYONE knows Al Gore invented the internet. You can't pull the wool over OUR eyes.
edit on 26-7-2011 by kinnerarity because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join