It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God (*more specifically, Jesus*), Created the Heavens and Earth.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Who was the Word (you know this, in the beginning was the word), was Jesus the word?

Yes i know, and the word was God.... And he was made flesh and dwelt among us...

I've heard this many times before... Again, not the words of Jesus....that was John speaking.(supposedly)

Dear Akragon,

You cannot both use the bible as authority and then deny it at the same time. He was made flesh, do you think
God was made flesh by one other that Jesus, if so, who?

Again, if you want truth, look for his words... not other people. The four gospels have his words, but they also have words of other men that followed him. And...again, he regularly was amazed that his followers did not understand what he taught. I do not assume something he did not say.

And by the way, i don't use the bible as any authority. The words of Jesus were pure truth, the rest of the bible means nothing to me. I live by his words, not pauls, not johns....or any of the other "men" that had a part in the bible.

The bible has no authority other then the words of Jesus, and the only reason he has such authority is because he spoke of love which is of God.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Who was the Word (you know this, in the beginning was the word), was Jesus the word?

Yes i know, and the word was God.... And he was made flesh and dwelt among us...

I've heard this many times before... Again, not the words of Jesus....that was John speaking.(supposedly)

Dear Akragon,

You cannot both use the bible as authority and then deny it at the same time. He was made flesh, do you think

Again, if you want truth, look for his words... not other people. The four gospels have his words, but they also have words of other men that followed him. And...again, he regularly was amazed that his followers did not understand what he taught. I do not assume something he did not say.

And by the way, i don't use the bible as any authority. The words of Jesus were pure truth, the rest of the bible means nothing to me. I live by his words, not pauls, not johns....or any of the other "men" that had a part in the bible.

The bible has no authority other then the words of Jesus, and the only reason he has such authority is because he spoke of love which is of God.

Dear Akragon,

How amazing. You make no assumptions, is that just about God or about life in general, I make lots of assumptions, I assume that sentience exists beyond me. As for the bible, you discount all of it other than the words of Jesus, why would you do such a thing? You confuse me so much (not really). If you cannot accept the words of his disciples, why can you accept that they accurately reported what he said? I just don't get that. It would be easier to be an atheist than accept parts, at least for me. By the way, God is not limited to love, he is also a sentient being. Be well.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

What would you like me to say about that?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

It would be easier to be an atheist than. . .
It would be a lot harder than you think.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Dear jmdewey60,

I am no atheist, read my prior posts. Be well.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well, your opinion...I respect you, and your opinion. I read it and it sparked within me a feeling. I would hope you might read it and give your opinion.

link   
reply to post by Akragon

It looks like he went to a lot of trouble posting that but I find it hard to read, my eyesight not being what it used to be.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

And this is supposedly how his name came about

I mean, I would love everyone to read these, but alas it seems ignorance may just be bliss.
edit on 25-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I wish to understand you so I will make my question as simple as I can. Is Jesus part of the trinity? Is he God, it a yes or no question or you can avoid it and all can see where you are coming from. Be well.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Dear Akragon,

Dear Akragon,

How amazing. You make no assumptions, is that just about God or about life in general, I make lots of assumptions, I assume that sentience exists beyond me. As for the bible, you discount all of it other than the words of Jesus, why would you do such a thing? You confuse me so much (not really). If you cannot accept the words of his disciples, why can you accept that they accurately reported what he said? I just don't get that. It would be easier to be an atheist than accept parts, at least for me. By the way, God is not limited to love, he is also a sentient being. Be well.

Well you know what they say about those who assume right?

You can assume whatever you like... You can listen to who ever you like, and read the bible as "Gods word"

I do not, though you're welcome to do so.

Why would i do such a thing? Because the bible has been cut and snipped who knows how many times over the years. Theres obvious flaws in the Genesis account... All through out the OT theres record of God killing this and that... Well i can tell you something interesting. God never has a reason to kill one of his creations... So i attribute these occurances to human faults. One group wanted another group dead for whatever reason, so claim it was God that told them it must happen and it becomes faultless.

The one circumstance i can not explain is S&G, only because i've seen the sight where it happened. I've yet to find an explanation for it

You can easily see the difference between the deciples way of thinking and his... He had answers, they had questions and statements... But when it comes down to it, theres no way to know if any of it was actually what he said. Though if you look for the motivation behind what was said, you can litterally feel what is truth.

And i didn't say God was limited to anything....btw

Assuming doesn't help anything as you can clearly see

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin
reply to post by Akragon

Well, your opinion...I respect you, and your opinion. I read it and it sparked within me a feeling. I would hope you might read it and give your opinion.

I read it...

What is the source of that material?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I am confused by your words, you say not to assume then you say you do. Again, I ask you simple questions, was Jesus God" Very simple. It is pretty much yes or no. Who or what do you assume Jesus was? Tell me so that I can not assume but instead understand what you believe.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I wish to understand you so I will make my question as simple as I can. Is Jesus part of the trinity? Is he God, it a yes or no question or you can avoid it and all can see where you are coming from. Be well.

Jesus was not God...

As for the trinity, the holy spirit is within all of us... it was also within Jesus.

It seems to me that the trinity seperates God, the son, and the spirit... as three entities / beings.

God is the whole, the all... which would include the spirit and Jesus... He was Gods son, and the spirit is the part of all of us that is God.

I don't see the trinity as valid... IMHO

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It is from Journal 2: And they called his name Immanuel / I am Sananda-- of The Pheonix Journals

All free to read and download (as pdf e-books)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Then you deny Jesus, I am sorry that you feel that way; but you are entitled to believe whatever you will. I believe the trinity was discussed for a reason, I see them as three expressions of the same knowledge. Of the same essence. This is where we disagree; but, I do believe you know your bible and will not accuse you of not knowing what it says. Be well.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

It is from Journal 2: And they called his name Immanuel / I am Sananda-- of The Pheonix Journals

All free to read and download (as pdf e-books)

Ahh yes, i have seen these texts before though i haven't had a chance to look them over....

I can't form an educated opinion about them without doing so...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Well hopefully the excerpts have sparked interest to do so

The ones I posted of John the Baptist a coupl of pages back tells of Jmmanuel (Jesus) climbing aboard Metallic craft and spending 40days and 39 nights with 'higher beings'

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Then you deny Jesus, I am sorry that you feel that way; but you are entitled to believe whatever you will. I believe the trinity was discussed for a reason, I see them as three expressions of the same knowledge. Of the same essence. This is where we disagree; but, I do believe you know your bible and will not accuse you of not knowing what it says. Be well.

I deny your Jesus yes...

I do not deny the Jesus of the bible, or the gnostic scriptures for that matter which is probably something you would not agree with either.

The holy spirit is within all of us, not something to be worshiped as God... But a gift to be cherished, that was given to us "By God"

Believe whatever you like my friend... We all end up in the exact same place regardless of your belief.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Well hopefully the excerpts have sparked interest to do so

The ones I posted of John the Baptist a coupl of pagfes back tells of Jmmanuel (Jesus) climbing aboard Metallic craft and spending 40days and 39 nights with 'higher beings'

that really means nothing to me honestly...

This really comes down to the message in the bible which most people seem to over look. This is why his words are SO important. It doesn't matter if he jumped aboard some space craft. It doesn't matter if he was God, or the father / son / holy spirit all slammed into one. Or if he was the "flying spagetti monster" that seems to be infesting the religious forums lately

What matters is what he showed us, how we should treat each other... How we should act towards those who "most" would consider to be beneath us...

That is what is missing from almost everyone that claims to understand Jesus

edit on 25-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I completely agree.

BUT the topic of this thread was about him being God, not just the Son of God, but yes, it is a futile matter and one that doesn't really count.

It would help to clarify the difference, if these are real, between The Creation, God and Jesus.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join