Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

God (*more specifically, Jesus*), Created the Heavens and Earth.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

It, the Bible, states that the Word became flesh and dwelt among his own. So , The Word was with God and the Word WAS /IS GOD. and ya can't get any simpler than that...
For simple, what does the word, became, mean?
When something becomes something, it ceases to be what it was before.
Is a butterfly a caterpillar?
It is the same person but a different body.
God as in the Word became a man.
He was still the same person, different body.

edit on 24-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Hello. What do you make of Luke 9:20 and 9:21? The disciples said he was God and he told them to not tell anyone. Why would he do such a thing?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Hello. What do you make of Luke 9:20 and 9:21? The disciples said he was God and he told them to not tell anyone. Why would he do such a thing?

Which version are you reading... theres lots of different versions.

KJV

19They answering said, John the Baptist; but some say, Elias; and others say, that one of the old prophets is risen again.

20He said unto them, But whom say ye that I am? Peter answering said,The Christ of God.

21And he straitly charged them, and commanded them to tell no man that thing;

Again...NOT God...The Christ of...

In greek i believe it means "the annointed one" .... Not God

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

You know the bible so well, I like that, it does convict us doesn't it. What is the Christ (we shall use whichever version you wish) and what does it mean? Why did he tell them not to say who he was and what he was? Why did Satan offer him control of the world, Satan didn't understand what he was or he would not have offered what would be turned down. I do hope you like my questions as I know you are well versed in the Word.
edit on 25-7-2011 by AQuestion because: grammer

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Jesus was God incarnate in the flesh. How's that?

It's up to you guys to pray and ask for God's wisdom and guidance - to show you these things and his truths,

2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

I'm not a teacher but God's Holy Spirit is the best teacher!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

It's a little mysterious and I don't understand myself, so how do I understand God?
The important thing is that Jesus said he would come and raise us from the dead himself and we need to know he can do what he said. I believe he can do it. If it makes him God, I'm not going to say no.

edit on 25-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I know you repeat Jesus' words; but, who do you say he was. I know the answer, if you deny him them he will deny you, so, I hope you will tell the truth and be correct for the penalty is so severe.
edit on 25-7-2011 by AQuestion because: grammer and clarification

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

What is the Christ and what does it mean?

Jesus was the one "sent" from God to show all man kind the narrow path... which i will get back to later in my response...

Why did he tell them not to say who he was and what he was?

His name was already quite well known, spreading such information would have incited more hatred towards him from various different classes. Notice who Jesus "hung around with" in the bible... It was not the rich or even the middle class. It was not the priests or even his own religious group. He mainly kept with the poor and unfortunate... who other classes of people would have nothing to do with. Now imagine if one of the higher class of people heard of people calling him "the annointed one of God"... Imagine the reaction. The Christ of God, that hangs around the poor and sickly... Just imagine...

Why did Satan offer him control of the world, Satan didn't understand what he was or he would not have offered what would be turned down

On the contrary, Satan knew exactly what he was... He was Human, mortal... and subject to the same "temptations" as we all are. The difference is...again, he knew he was a part of God....without a doubt in his mind. I believe he remembered being in the presences of God and thus he knew what was truth. Satan couldn't have offered him anything that could have tempted him because Jesus was not concerned with material things... his ideals were purely spiritual.

Be ye not concerned with worldly treasures, but seek ye treasures of the kingdom of heaven.... Meh it goes something like that... i didn't want to break out the bible at this time of night

I do hope you like my questions as I know you are well versed in the Word

My thanks... if that wasn't scarcasm, its hard to tell on these forums

And the last thing i have for you my friend is what i call, defining "the narrow path"

This is "the" path, spelled out for all to see...

27But I say unto you which hear, Love your enemies, do good to them which hate you, 28Bless them that curse you, and pray for them which despitefully use you. 29And unto him that smiteth thee on the one cheek offer also the other; and him that taketh away thy cloke forbid not to take thy coat also. 30Give to every man that asketh of thee; and of him that taketh away thy goods ask them not again. 31And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise. 32For if ye love them which love you, what thank have ye? for sinners also love those that love them. 33And if ye do good to them which do good to you, what thank have ye? for sinners also do even the same. 34And if ye lend to them of whom ye hope to receive, what thank have ye? for sinners also lend to sinners, to receive as much again. 35But love ye your enemies, and do good, and lend, hoping for nothing again; and your reward shall be great, and ye shall be the children of the Highest: for he is kind unto the unthankful and to the evil. 36Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful. 37Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven: 38Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.

But who can follow that path...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I know you repeat Jesus' words; but, who do you say he was. I know the answer, if you deny him them he will deny you, so, I hope you will tell the truth and be correct for the penalty is so severe.
edit on 25-7-2011 by AQuestion because: grammer and clarification

He was the son of God, the "only begotten son" and he said it himself many times...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven."

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am."

"All things have been handed over to Me by my Father: and no one knows the Son, except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."

"If I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

It's a little mysterious and I don't understand myself, so how do I understand God?
The important thing is that Jesus said he would come and raise us from the dead himself and we need to know he can do what he said. I believe he can do it. If it makes him God, I'm not going to say no.

edit on 25-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

What you talk about is a gift from God, given to all life regardless of your "so called" sins...

He did not come to save the world, he came to show the world there is without a doubt.... life after physical death

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Before I finish your reading your post I wish to clarify that there is no sarcasm, I have read your stuff, we have communicated before and I do believe you know the bible. That is NOT sarcasm. I take my time responding to you because I do believe you have thought about what you say and have read the bible carefully. Give me my due or tell me that you don't think I understand the issues.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

"But what about you?" he asked. "Who do you say I am?" Simon Peter answered, "You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." Jesus replied, "Blessed are you, Simon son of Jonah, for this was not revealed to you by man, but by my Father in heaven."

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God." "Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."

They all asked, "Are you then the Son of God?" He replied, "You are right in saying I am."

"All things have been handed over to Me by my Father: and no one knows the Son, except the Father; nor does anyone know the Father, except the Son, and anyone to whom the Son wills to reveal Him."

"If I cast out demons by the finger of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you."

Have I once denied he was the son of God?

I said he is not, was Not..God.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Before I finish your reading your post I wish to clarify that there is no sarcasm, I have read your stuff, we have communicated before and I do believe you know the bible. That is NOT sarcasm. I take my time responding to you because I do believe you have thought about what you say and have read the bible carefully. Give me my due or tell me that you don't think I understand the issues.

Alright i appoligise, as i've said its hard to tell these days...

Im happy to answer any questions i can answer for you...

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Who was the Word (you know this, in the beginning was the word), was Jesus the word?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Who was the Word (you know this, in the beginning was the word), was Jesus the word?

Yes i know, and the word was God.... And he was made flesh and dwelt among us...

I've heard this many times before... Again, not the words of Jesus....that was John speaking.(supposedly)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

At one point it sure sounded like it to me.
Regardless I did not add any commentary but put that up so people can see what is being alluded to in various posts but not quoted. It's kind of a pain looking these things up.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

At one point it sure sounded like it to me.
Regardless I did not add any commentary but put that up so people can see what is being alluded to in various posts but not quoted. It's kind of a pain looking these things up.

I understand that...

But again, never once did i deny what he himself said... If he said something... i know it. He did not say "I am God"... Not once, not even in gnostic scripture. Though he did say " I am the son of God" ... If he spoke nothing but truth how could i deny him?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Yes i know, and the word was God.... And he was made flesh and dwelt among us...

I've heard this many times before... Again, not the words of Jesus....that was John speaking.(supposedly)

Dear Akragon,

You cannot both use the bible as authority and then deny it at the same time. He was made flesh, do you think
God was made flesh by one other that Jesus, if so, who?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Can you please review this info? Obviously controversial. Jmmanuel is Jesus, by the way.

edit on 25-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)
edit on 25-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join