God (*more specifically, Jesus*), Created the Heavens and Earth.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I wonder if GOD put a son/JESUS on every alien world to, I guess we'll find out at some point. I don't see anywhere that says Jesus created the earth but I think the oneness religion only believes in JESUS and not GOD so maybe they think the same as the OP but I'm no expert that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by FarBeyondDriven69
I wonder if GOD put a son/JESUS on every alien world to, I guess we'll find out at some point. I don't see anywhere that says Jesus created the earth but I think the oneness religion only believes in JESUS and not GOD so maybe they think the same as the OP but I'm no expert that's for sure.
No, you are on the right track and to check things like that, meaning the oneness religion.
I like to think that there is an effective quarantine on this planet so Jesus does not have to go to any more than this one.
edit on 24-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon

never once did he claim to be God. Others did, but he did not.
And you do not find that significant?
Let's say someone calls Jesus, God in private, where there are no Pharisees about to overhear him say that, and Jesus does not correct him, wouldn't you think that might be worth mentioning?

nope...

If he didn't make the claim himself, and corrected others that said "he claimed he was God" ... with... no i didn't say that... It doesn't matter what others called him... If he was in fact "God" he would not speak of the father as a seperate entity... Why would he not just come out and say it... I am God... its because he wasn't God, only a part of God. I and my Father(two entities) are one... He is a part of God, thus he would know the mind of God... But is not "the" one God.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

But is not "the" one God.
Only one can be The One.
So you have to expand the definition of god a bit to encompass someone else or someones.
Always keeping in mind the qualifier.
Monotheism is a false construct and the word can not be found in use until the 1600's.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

But is not "the" one God.
Only one can be The One.
So you have to expand the definition of god a bit to encompass someone else or someones.
Always keeping in mind the qualifier.
Monotheism is a false construct and the word can not be found in use until the 1600's.

My definition of God does not qualify as an "entity" so to speak... I don't believe "God" is a being of any sort that man could possibly comprehend.

My definition of God is The All, The whole, everything without exception...

Which is why it doesn't matter what others authors of the bible said about Jesus who was "the one that was sent by God to show man the correct path". IF in fact he was "sent" by God, and as far as i've read(which is quite extensively) everything he said was "truth"... The truth is... Jesus did not say he was God.

You seem to like paul right...Take it from him...

1 Timothy 2
4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

5 For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus;

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You seem to like paul right...Take it from him...
Not in general, and you have to understand paul that he switched back and forth between speaking for God and speaking for himself so you can't just quote anything from him as if it is coming directly from God.
But Jesus was a god and as far as I am concerned, while on Earth he was not God. But he could be a pure man and have every god attribute given to him which were necessary for what he had to do.
Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemani to be strengthened to withstand the trials about to begin.
If he was fully God at that moment, then he would not have done that. His suffering was just as real as any other person, being completely human.
The mysterious thing is what is it that makes a person who he is. If you die and are raised back to life, what is there about that new person that makes you the same person who earlier had died? Whatever that essence of who you are, in the case of Jesus was of a person who earlier before being born as the baby Jesus, was God. The person or being God, but not necessarily the same "person" of The One.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

I just watched an entire season of Big Bang. We finished with the episode where Penny got Sheldon to drink coffee while they were making Penny Daisies. I can't read your post without hearing Sheldon's voice all hopped up on caffeine. Bazinga!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reprobation

Jesus was a baby; he had a beginning, it is absurd to assert that the Heavens and everything else were created by Jesus since he was non-existent when they existed.

Word is the wave that spoke the universe into existence. Logos is the definition of this Word in John 1. See both definitions on wikipedia, Greek and Christian. Jesus was referred to as the Word. He is the Son of God and the 2nd person of the trinity which is the master story teller, revealing the hidden God.

In physics, light is both a particle and a wave (word) that brings matter to form. The Trinity is Father (God/Light), Word (Son of God / Wave) and Holy Spirit (Consciousness).

God is three persons of the Trinity and so are we. We are 'in' His image. In, like my words are in this image of ATS. We are made up of the same three. We are Mind (Consciousness) and body (Particle and Wave). Christ came as God in the flesh. He was all three with the Holy Spirit instead of just a spirit that we have. He came to give us the Holy Spirit. Bazinga!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
(Col 2:6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

(Col 2:7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

(Col 2:8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

(Col 2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily

Says here he was fully GOD...

but yet at the same time he was fully man.
I'm not here to argue ... nor convince ...nor to defend my faith or Lord ...

(Col 2:15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

You can either believe the Bible as God's Word or not, that Jesus is God in the flesh, or not. Your choice.
Period.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
"(Col 2:9) For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily "

Great verse to use. Jesus was all three with the Holy Spirit. He left us with the comforter (Holy Spirit) to mark us for salvation. When we are raised with Him to new life, through His blood we are also made into His likeness with His Holy Spirit.

Who, being in very nature God, did not consider equality with God something to be grasped, Philippians 2:6NIV

Or: who, though he was God, did not demand and cling to his rights as God, Phil 2:6LIV

but laid aside his mighty power and glory, taking the disguise of a slave and becoming like men. Philippians 2:7LIV

As you say, belief is the first key. We must love God and others, including our enemies. Luke 10 This free gift is for all mankind until the fullness of the gentiles has come in and the Holy Spirit is removed along with all believers.

Originally posted by SeekerLou
(Col 2:6) As ye have therefore received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk ye in him:

(Col 2:7) Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving.

(Col 2:8) Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

(Col 2:15) And having spoiled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing over them in it.

You can either believe the Bible as God's Word or not, that Jesus is God in the flesh, or not. Your choice.
Period.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Not in general, and you have to understand paul that he switched back and forth between speaking for God and speaking for himself so you can't just quote anything from him as if it is coming directly from God

quite the contrary... nothing he said was "directly from God" What you do have that is directly from God is what Jesus spoke, him being "sent" from God.

I don't believe he was God in any way shape or form honestly... He was a normal man just like every other man woman or child on earth. The difference was as he said, he knew where he came from, and where he will go. He not only remembered being in the presence of God, but as a new born "apparently" he spoke... which is more evidence that he did remember being alive before his own incarnation. (if of course that did happen)

I'd go as far as to say he was the "son of God" only because he did admit to that, and he did not lie... but again he was not God.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

According to your own terminology.
I have to switch back and forth between saying yes and saying no, depending on the terminology of the person asking the question but maybe you say No under every circumstance and how sad for you.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   

If you read the context of the verse you quote (col 2:9), it is in the present tense, which would have been after Jesus went up into heaven to live. Where in the Bible does it say that Jesus was man and god at the same time?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

According to your own terminology.
I have to switch back and forth between saying yes and saying no, depending on the terminology of the person asking the question but maybe you say No under every circumstance and how sad for you.

My own terminology? I speak in pretty simplistic words my friend. I do this so as not to confuse those who chose to read what i say...

Simply put...

I say no to what does not exist in the words of the bible... more specifically, jesus' words

There is nothing in the bible that says that Jesus claimed to be God, its as simple as that.

You do not have to agree with what i say, nor does anyone else.

edit on 24-7-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The Jews picked up stones to kill Jesus for claiming to be God.
He claimed to be the Son of God.
The Jews understood that as being the same thing.
Jesus was also himself a Jew and would have realized the same thing.
So, understanding that, then you have him right there claiming to be God.
He just qualified it to make it clear he did not mean The One.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
On John the Baptist

edit on 24-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Well let's just put it this way. He was born of a virgin... He was born. This made him man.
He was tempted just like us. Only man can be tempted.
That's just logical sense to me.
At the same time... He was also all of the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

He was actually Both !, fully God, AND at the same time fully man when he so chose to be born, with his purpose of redeeming mankind by willingly laying down his life for man on the cross..shedding his Holy blood to buy our pardon back with the Father /God... Yeah , It get's deep. I hope others come in and try to assist here..

I do believe someone else has explained this waaay better than I , in a previous post. yep! SuperiorEd ! Please reread that post.

The Word was with God and the Word was God, speaks clearly of Jesus. It, the Bible, states that the Word became flesh and dwelt among his own. So , The Word was with God and the Word WAS /IS GOD. and ya can't get any simpler than THIS: It was God the Son, Jesus, who came in the flesh. And he came willingly... Praise His Name!.
Added: SuperiorEd's name ! Thanks Ed!
edit on 25-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Why can't it be that this be interpreted as God dwells in each one of us, being of the flesh, no different than Jesus, but Jesus was far more in tune with God and Spirit and as such was able to perform the miracles.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

The Jews picked up stones to kill Jesus for claiming to be God.
He claimed to be the Son of God.
The Jews understood that as being the same thing.
Jesus was also himself a Jew and would have realized the same thing.
So, understanding that, then you have him right there claiming to be God.
He just qualified it to make it clear he did not mean The One.

Why would they "understand that to be the same thing"? The son is not the father in any circumstance... One always holds precidence over the other... And this being 2k years later, theres no possible way for you to know exactly what those particular jews understood. Now lets not try and say Jesus said something he did not... You can not assume he said something he clearly did not say...

I take what jesus said to be true, and no one else. In many circumstances He was simply amazed that his own followers did not understand the things he taught. Sadly that same thing holds true to this day even though all the words are there for everyone to believe.

Read into what is said which ever way you want.... Assume whatever you want. Believe....whatever you want.

Im just telling you the facts.... He didn't make the that claim.

He was not God.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Why can't it be that this be interpreted as God dwells in each one of us, being of the flesh, no different than Jesus, but Jesus was far more in tune with God and Spirit and as such was able to perform the miracles.

This is actually the most accurate statement i've heard in this thread thus far...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join