It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God (*more specifically, Jesus*), Created the Heavens and Earth.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
All verses are referenced with the KJV.
I ask that you read your Bible along with this, so you can see for yourselves.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Joh 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(Joh 1:2) The same was in the beginning with God.

(Joh 1:3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

Notice the "Word', the Word was with God and WAS God. And in verse 3, it states all things were made by him.

And who are we talking about? We are talking about the Word. Nothing was not made without him.

Skip on down to verse 10:

(Joh 1:10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Keep reading:

(Joh 1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Keep reading and stop here:
(Joh 1:34) And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Who is this Word? It states plainly and simply that this is the Son of God.

And who is the Son of God? None other the the Lord Jesus Christ himself!
(Joh 1:36) And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

(that taketh away the sin of the world..)

OK, so now, you see that - Jesus created it all

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Scripture interprets scripture...
This is my belief. And I believe the Bible. I hope you take Him at His Word, and Take HIS WORD for yourselves....

My prayer for you is to receive the free gift of life.....

Love and peace , and life eternal.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerLou

Jesus is a human, like you, and me.

So no, he didn't create anything.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Jesus was a baby; he had a beginning, it is absurd to assert that the Heavens and everything else were created by Jesus since he was non-existent when they existed.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Yes, because it's in the bible it must be true.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fea47f521441.gif[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Jesus was a demigod not god. He had a human mother god needed no such thing. And you know what god said about putting others before him. People seem to forget god was around for a few billion years before his kid popped up on the scene.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

You are entitled to your belief and I would appreciate it if you would keep your Jesus bashing out of my thread. Thanks.

Besides, if you are nOT religious, why are you trolling in this forum?
edit on 24-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I am actually quite religious, however i know the difference between god, and a human/prophet.

And because people are giving you a different view, or a different opinion, it does not mean they are bashing.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Jesus threw great parties, wherever there was water, there was wine. And don't forget all those Nazareth ballads they had back then...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Notice the "Word', the Word was with God and WAS God. And in verse 3, it states all things were made by him.
I would like to give a literal translation of the Greek in verse 3.
All by him be and without him be neither one which be.

So my interpretation into sort of normal English would be:
Everything which is, is through him, and without him, nothing would have come into being.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
luke 19 27 "But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them--bring them here and kill them in front of me.'"

This dude?

the bible has been tainted by mans clever tactics ... its not a reliable source anymore .. it lost its value long time ago ..

remember jesus said something about believe blah blah you can move a mountain blah blah

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
All verses are referenced with the KJV.
I ask that you read your Bible along with this, so you can see for yourselves.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(Joh 1:1) In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

(Joh 1:2) The same was in the beginning with God.

(Joh 1:3) All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

And who are we talking about? We are talking about the Word. Nothing was not made without him.

(Joh 1:10) He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

Keep reading:

(Joh 1:14) And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
Keep reading and stop here:
(Joh 1:34) And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

Who is this Word? It states plainly and simply that this is the Son of God.

And who is the Son of God? None other the the Lord Jesus Christ himself!
(Joh 1:36) And looking upon Jesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lamb of God!

(that taketh away the sin of the world..)

OK, so now, you see that - Jesus created it all

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Scripture interprets scripture...
This is my belief. And I believe the Bible. I hope you take Him at His Word, and Take HIS WORD for yourselves....

My prayer for you is to receive the free gift of life.....

Love and peace , and life eternal.

Straight from "your God's" mouth....

30 I and my Father are one.

31 Then the Jews took up stones again to stone him.

32 Jesus answered them, Many good works have I shewed you from my Father; for which of those works do ye stone me?

33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

37 If I do not the works of my Father, believe me not.

38 But if I do, though ye believe not me, believe the works: that ye may know, and believe, that the Father is in me, and I in him.

And bolded for your convience.... They said "because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God." And his response.... you want to stone me... "because I said, I am the Son of God?"

Notice the question mark?

He is telling them he didn't say he was God... And scriptures back that fact up...

never once did he claim to be God. Others did, but he did not.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Hey SeekerLou

You need to keep an open mind.

Read the Book of Enoch.

Unfortunately the 12 disciples, representing the 12 universes, and the 12 universal laws, kind of missed the message Jesus intended. They got the overall love message, but missed the idea of reincarnation....

Then there's the meddling by the Vatican/Rome of the Bible to divert the entire truth. The New Testament cannot be taken literally....except for maybe Revelations.

I, too, am on a journey of discovery of truth, but to use one, and only one, source is limiting what you can possibly learn.

I have read that Jesus is the Son of Gabriel,

edit on 24-7-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
people, please watch this, its worth it.
i cannot link iam using my ps3 at the moment.

video.google.com...

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Did God or Jesus write the bible ,
putting their word on paper for all to read and understand?

NO!!!!!!!!!
Human beings wrote these things down in their own
interpretations.
Stories past down from generation to generation.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

never once did he claim to be God. Others did, but he did not.
And you do not find that significant?
Let's say someone calls Jesus, God in private, where there are no Pharisees about to overhear him say that, and Jesus does not correct him, wouldn't you think that might be worth mentioning?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Dear SeekerLou,

I don't know what branch of Christianity you come from. Personally I believe in the trinity. If we accept that the Father, Son and Holy Ghost are of one spirit then to say that any one aspect of the being is responsible is to ignore the totality of God.

I see the three expressions of God as allowing all of us to know him by knowing him in a way that is easiest and the most comfortable for us. Jesus being a very approachable and human expression of God's love whereas the Holy Spirit is a deeply emotional expression of his love. Be well.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

If i write a book, and in this book i write " i am the Chuck Norris, i am god and creator of everything ". and then in 1000 years time people dig my book up, does that mean Chuck Norris really is a God?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
the Word is the power of God.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Skip, being the operative word here, as in skipping several transitions from word to light to life and back.
So there is a linking between these various concepts, ending in a description of a certain something, supposedly one of these things, taking up lodging on Earth and that this man had a filling of this, whatever it was the writer is trying to describe.
The important thing is that "what gives life in a really serious cosmically huge way, was directly connected to this person who we are witnesses to and let's get on with the story".

edit on 24-7-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

Can you explain the Omnipotence picture to me? i dont quite understand it but it interests me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join