It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God (*more specifically, Jesus*), Created the Heavens and Earth.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Then you deny Jesus, I am sorry that you feel that way; but you are entitled to believe whatever you will. I believe the trinity was discussed for a reason, I see them as three expressions of the same knowledge. Of the same essence. This is where we disagree; but, I do believe you know your bible and will not accuse you of not knowing what it says. Be well.

I deny your Jesus yes...

I do not deny the Jesus of the bible, or the gnostic scriptures for that matter which is probably something you would not agree with either.

The holy spirit is within all of us, not something to be worshiped as God... But a gift to be cherished, that was given to us "By God"

Believe whatever you like my friend... We all end up in the exact same place regardless of your belief.

Dear Akragon,

Yes your answer helps me understand you.Nope, you are correct, I disagree with the gnostics; but, I don't dislike them. I simply ask that they tell the truth and not pervert the word. I believe in people finding their own truth. I regret that those in the Mystery Religions tell me what a bad person I am and how they cannot talk to me because I believe in the trinity, you have not done such a thing to me. I know a man who met Benny Hinn, he was an assistant to a very famous preacher who took time to reach down to all of his people of a like mind. The preacher asked Benny Hinn about why he didn't talk about Jesus more and Benny Hinn told him that the holy spirit was there focus and that Jesus was not the focus. I get that. I just disagree.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Then you deny Jesus, I am sorry that you feel that way; but you are entitled to believe whatever you will. I believe the trinity was discussed for a reason, I see them as three expressions of the same knowledge. Of the same essence. This is where we disagree; but, I do believe you know your bible and will not accuse you of not knowing what it says. Be well.

I deny your Jesus yes...

I do not deny the Jesus of the bible, or the gnostic scriptures for that matter which is probably something you would not agree with either.

The holy spirit is within all of us, not something to be worshiped as God... But a gift to be cherished, that was given to us "By God"

Believe whatever you like my friend... We all end up in the exact same place regardless of your belief.

Dear Akragon,

Yes your answer helps me understand you.Nope, you are correct, I disagree with the gnostics; but, I don't dislike them. I simply ask that they tell the truth and not pervert the word. I believe in people finding their own truth. I regret that those in the Mystery Religions tell me what a bad person I am and how they cannot talk to me because I believe in the trinity, you have not done such a thing to me. I know a man who met Benny Hinn, he was an assistant to a very famous preacher who took time to reach down to all of his people of a like mind. The preacher asked Benny Hinn about why he didn't talk about Jesus more and Benny Hinn told him that the holy spirit was there focus and that Jesus was not the focus. I get that. I just disagree.

And of course you are free to believe whatever you will... I don't believe the bible is God's word. It was written by men inspired or not, thus its subject to mans faults. The gnostics show the human side of Jesus, they show he was not God but a messenger of God. I love Thomas because of the way it was written...Jesus said .... To me this says someone heard his words and wrote them down exactly how he said it, and you can compare them to the bible and find that a lot of what is said in the gnostic scriptures is also in the bible. We also have proof that the bible has been tampered with on at least two occasions which isn't the case with the gnostics.

Either way i do not critisize others beliefs because as i've said, we all end up in the same place in the end. I live by how he told us to live. I judge no one, i love everyone without exception.

We may disagree, but we are all brothers of the spirit and thus, we are all one.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
You believe a book because the book says you should believe it, there is no logic in that.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerLou
Luk 12:9 But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

You are entitled to your belief and I would appreciate it if you would keep your Jesus bashing out of my thread. Thanks.

Besides, if you are nOT religious, why are you trolling in this forum?
edit on 24-7-2011 by SeekerLou because: (no reason given)

Whoa there. Just becasue people are not religious does not mean they are not entitled to have and express an opinion on the subject. Just becasue somebody disagrees with your belief does not mean they are trolling they are DISAGREEING. Sorry but you (and anybody including me) can ever assume you are right on any subject. Being open to other opinions and a willingness to change your beliefs is open minded.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
You miss the whole point about what is written in the bible, or the bibles in the world.

reply to post by SeekerLou

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightAssassin

Why can't it be that this be interpreted as God dwells in each one of us, being of the flesh, no different than Jesus, but Jesus was far more in tune with God and Spirit and as such was able to perform the miracles.

This is actually the most accurate statement i've heard in this thread thus far...

There are three views at work here. Modalism, which says that God is three modes at three different times. The Trinitarian view that says that God is three persons, with Jesus being one of those persons. Unitarianism, which says that Jesus was merely a man.

There has always been a paradox here because of verses like this one:

"You heard that I said to you, ‘I go away, and I will come to you.’ If you loved Me, you would have rejoiced, because I go to the Father; for the Father is greater than I,'" (John 14:28).

How can Jesus be God but the father is greater than He?

If you view the Trinity in the correct way, this paradox is resolved. Hillel's Seven Rules of rightly dividing truth must be followed. Rule six deals with finding the third perspective to unify the paradox.

God is one person. Place Him on your right hand. He projects reality from Himself in the form of particle, wave and consciousness. You are on the left hand as one person projected from God in the form of a man. You also have particle, wave and consciousness.

The Father is the prima materia and fully God. The Holy Spirit is God's consciousness. Jesus is the first and last Adam as stated in the verse below. The Holy Spirit is considered Sophia (Wisdom / Mother). The Son is the union between matter (both particle and wave) and consciousness. Jesus is the first man created by the union of these two in God. The Father is fully God in all three. From this point, Jesus becomes fully God as the Logos, speaking reality into existence from His word. The word is the wave of particle physics. All particles have an associated wave that brings them into form. Each of the members of the Trinity are persons that make up our one person. Body, Mind Spirit.

When first formed, all men had a spirit that was fallen. Sentience must be gained over time by doing. The story that was written by the Word starts with Him (First Adam) and ends with Him (Last Adam). The Holy Spirit is developed in all men that gain union with this Holy Spirit as a development of their own souls. You must be born again. This is not an option. You are born again and again and again. Just as Jesus was Adam to Adam, so are we. Divine Justice is seen as this work over many incarnations of existence. We have been here since the beginning in my estimation.

1 Corinthians 15:45

"So it is written: "The first man Adam became a living being"; the last Adam, a life-giving spirit."

One more verse. When God and Satan meet in Job ch 2, God says this:

3 Then the LORD said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job? There is no one on earth like him; he is blameless and upright, a man who fears God and shuns evil. And he still maintains his integrity, though you incited me against him to ruin him without any reason.”

4 “Skin for skin!” Satan replied.

Notice that Satan says "Skin for skin!" Remember that a snake sheds his skin for another skin. The snake is the same snake. Man sheds his skin when he dies, but comes back as the same soul in a different body. Satan was saying that the brothers and sisters would be back. Nothing was truly lost. To us, divine justice seems harsh over one lifetime. From God's perspective, we can never die.

edit on 25-7-2011 by SuperiorEd because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Read 'Embraced by the Light' by Betty Eadie. She bled out after an operation and died and met Jesus and he told her he created the world.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

Jesus is a human, like you, and me.

So no, he didn't create anything.

Yeah, we humans raise ourselves from the dead after 3 days all the time. It's quite common actually.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
Yes, because it's in the bible it must be true.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fea47f521441.gif[/atsimg]

Funny that you use Dave to show expression. Did you know that Dave is a born again Christian? Nope, I'm completely serious!

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

It does not matter who wrote the letters down to end up with a finished bible... This is what I believe:

35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;

Doesnt matter that man penned it... God still wrote it!

edit on 25-7-2011 by theRhenn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Who said Jesus rose from the dead after 3 days?

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by larnhr

Paul, a sworn enemy of Christians until he met the risen Lord on the road to Damascus, Syria. From that point on he served Him and taught the Gentile world about Him.

The garden tomb is still empty to this day.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 09:57 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Yeah, we humans raise ourselves from the dead after 3 days all the time. It's quite common actually.

Yep, pretty common in Zombie films but that's just Hollywood. In reality it doesn't happen, has never happened, and will never happen. The Resurrection is a Christian excuse for why Jesus died. And when they witnessed him "ascending" to Heaven, exactly what did he do? Levitate into the ionosphere? Yea, it made sense when "Heaven" was up but now we know what is up - air, atmosphere, outer space.

Christians, refusing logic for 2,000 years.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logman

Yep, pretty common in Zombie films but that's just Hollywood. In reality it doesn't happen, has never happened, and will never happen. The Resurrection is a Christian excuse for why Jesus died. And when they witnessed him "ascending" to Heaven, exactly what did he do? Levitate into the ionosphere? Yea, it made sense when "Heaven" was up but now we know what is up - air, atmosphere, outer space.

Christians, refusing logic for 2,000 years.

Right because you were there with the apostles who watched the ascension, and who were there that Sunday morning when the tomb was empty and the massive stone was rolled back.

Thanks for clearing it all up for me.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by larnhr

Paul, a sworn enemy of Christians until he met the risen Lord on the road to Damascus, Syria. From that point on he served Him and taught the Gentile world about Him.

The garden tomb is still empty to this day.

and you read? ......that Paul said this where?

I mean.....I know you're going to say the bible.

Just curious here, but have you ever heard of the Essene Order? Again, just curious.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
"I am the gate."...."I am the light."....JC

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Scripture interprets scripture...
This is my belief. And I believe the Bible. I hope you take Him at His Word, and Take HIS WORD for yourselves....

My prayer for you is to receive the free gift of life.....

Love and peace , and life eternal.
Somebody told me the same thing about the Qu'ran, and the Book of Mormon, and the Torah......all of you can't be right.

If God created the "heavens and earth", what created God? Did he create himself in some omnipotent paradoxical feat? Is there a God that God thinks created him, and does God worship that God?

Also, if you believe the Bible, do you believe the story of Noahs Ark to be factually accurate?
edit on 25-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

The bible, to be more specific god, was created a few thousand years ago, the earth however was billions of years ago, sorry but God as you would call it was a few billion years late to make the world, but it was nice of our ignorant ancestors to make up something as such to explain what they cold not understand. What is worse is in todays society we still have the ignorance to keep such gibberish alive.

posted on Jul, 25 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

Scripture interprets scripture...
This is my belief. And I believe the Bible. I hope you take Him at His Word, and Take HIS WORD for yourselves....

My prayer for you is to receive the free gift of life.....

Love and peace , and life eternal.
Somebody told me the same thing about the Qu'ran, and the Book of Mormon, and the Torah......all of you can't be right.

If God created the "heavens and earth", what created God? Did he create himself in some omnipotent paradoxical feat? Is there a God that God thinks created him, and does God worship that God?

Also, if you believe the Bible, do you believe the story of Noahs Ark to be factually accurate?
edit on 25-7-2011 by TupacShakur because: To edit my post

When you die, you can ask him yourself. No man on earth today can answer that. Why should we try? When will man finaly realise that he's not all powerful. He is but a speck of sand upon the earth, yet we pretend to know everything and be everything. How narrow minded we are! To think that there is nothing larger than us... As if!

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join