It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christina Forces Owen To Marry Her (Disturbing Video)

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by kacou

I never condoned what the parent was doing. I never even mentioned that. I question that it is 'disturbing' (in the true sense of the word) and stand by the other parts of my post which was concerning the original content of this thread.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan
Oh goodness. These children aren't very far up the evolutionary tree are they? Especially the boy... look at him screaming

Can't really blame him for his behavior though. With a mother like that, he obviously hasn't been taught well.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

You've obviously never been around children. All the behaviors depicted in the video are completely normal and a part of being so young ...

Instead of judging the mother from a 2 and a half minute video, why don't you worry about yourself.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
I agree with the OP that this is sick.

Unfortunately, most people aren't going to get it.

I think the underlying issue is that the mother is afraid the son is gay.

Parents all across the land subtly and not so subtly tell their children how they should behave and what their gender expression and sexuality should be. Most of them don't stand there taping this process though.

In any case, this "mother" shouldn't be laughing and encouraging the little girl to bully her little boy. I don't understand what kind of nutcase would stand there laughing and filming while their kid was crying. Do you feel any love for her son in this video? Nope, she treats him like an object. I would bet that this is not an isolated incident.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by matthius

Don't be shy and tell us what prompt your short post?

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
OMG here we go again. Someone else who wants to nanny state the family.
Look at the broader picture, is the kid's dad there? Are they living in sheltered housing?
Yes?? No?? Then let's take what we see stick our interfering noses in and wreck a perfectly good
couple of families apart, put all there past actions under your phd microscope to justify your position
in society.
How harmfull is what you are doing? idk.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by yes4141

I don't really care about the thread as my concern is about this video.
Clearly we are witnessing a free ride into child mental torture.
Someone has mention that this behavior can really damage the sense of confidence of the boy.
Further more, the little girl show sign of dominant tendency...at this age it is worrisome.
Now, the people behind the cam, we have no idea if they are parents or not...one thing for sure, not one time we hear the word "momy" or "daddy".

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The OP's claim that the woman is abusing her child is almost defamation in my eyes. But, honestly, I think you're just yanking our chain with this entire concept of making a serious and elaborate point based on a random homevideo.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

Why reply to me with an accusatory post if you're not interested in what I'm replying to?

...I'm neither agreeing nor disagreeing with what you are saying, but it seems like it was just an easy route in to tell everybody how much 'you care'

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Children in this age group have a very vague idea about adult relationships, and a tenous hold on reality and time.

Which means that whatever it is you think you are seeing only shows how little you understand children.

Children will say things like they want to marry the family cat - which essentially means that they really like the cat and never want it to go away. My daughters cast my son as the house mouse when playing family - I'm sure he'll be having PTSD about being cast as a house mouse in adulthood. The trauma will be unbearable.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Poor little guy,

Yes it was sad, they are both going to have issues when they grow up.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Monkey See Monkey Do.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

No one is addressing what you call issues, because they are not issues they are your opinions about the video. Just because you put them in essay format does not make them anymore valid. It is obvious you don't have children therefor you your opinions are based on information you don't have, just surmised information that you have tried to present in a seemingly intelligent way. If you do have children, and this is what you see in the video may god help your kids. having my own children and many nieces&nephews i can tell you this is normal interaction between the children and the parents, though it may seem different to you. Many family units interact very different from other units, but this does not make it "Disturbing" or unhealthy. Human culture is very unique and what might be taboo to one is normal to another (case in point) www.youtube.com... .

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by yes4141

The only thing close to 'disturbing' about this is that it's a potentially embarrassing video on the internet for the kids in the future.

Yes I do care, a proper child education should be taught to many people.
You are close to disturb for the child when he get old and see this video.
I am outrage that adult inflect this kind of mental torture to children and then send it to the world for fun....this is why I wrote sad world.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nurv47

Originally posted by Xaphan
Oh goodness. These children aren't very far up the evolutionary tree are they? Especially the boy... look at him screaming

Can't really blame him for his behavior though. With a mother like that, he obviously hasn't been taught well.
edit on 24-7-2011 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

You've obviously never been around children. All the behaviors depicted in the video are completely normal and a part of being so young ...

Instead of judging the mother from a 2 and a half minute video, why don't you worry about yourself.

I have a sister who was born when I was ten. She never acted like either of the children in this video when she was growing up. Why worry about myself? I wasn't like this as a kid, so obviously I grew up fine. I don't like seeing bad parenting, because that just means that there will be another arsehole in the world later on.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Man - who knew there were so many men who are so afraid of women, they are traumatized by six year old girls.

Sinking to new lows of wuss.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

You didn't reply what I said, just what you wanted me to have said. I didn't say you DIDN'T care. Just your motivation for replying to my post which you just said wasn't what you were interested in!

P.S if this is seriously 'Mental Torture', then what is molestation , solitary confinement, violence, severe religious oppression etc. "really, really, really serious mental torture"? I'm sure you have already painted me as the 'enemy' in this (this is how it seems from your replies to nothing I have said!) but I have said nothing condoning this whatsoever, so please don't imply that. I was never even interested in this part of it as I've already said!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think the original poster was looking at this video with specific problems in the adult world in mind, wondering where do they come from? How do they start? Is this kind of family interaction part of that root system?

1- In the US, it has become a current popular characterisation for girls and young women to be demanding and domineering in this way with their mates.
(watch "Bridezillas", "Sweet Sixteen", many reality TV shows.....)

2- It has become a popular idea to link sexual politics and marriage- as in movements to remain virgin until marriage, so that one can give something special to the person who agrees to marry them. It is a bartering tool. In media and normal conversation, it is easily joked and said that a man who displeases his wife shall not be "getting any" for a while- sex being used again as a manipulative tactic.

This trend has many young males feeling intimidated, anxious, and wondering just how to avoid being manipulated and dominated in this sort of dynamic. Sexual politics have always been used this way to some extent for some people, but when it becomes culturally accepted and encouraged in the population that is something other than having a fringe part of the population that does this.

I think the poster is concerned (as a male in this atmosphere) about that current trend and looking for it's roots in the the way kids are raised and the subconscious signals and messages they are given. It is a valid question!

He also points at the question of violence, in an atmosphere where we are vigilant about domestic violence, and the men are being strongly taught to rein in their aggressive tendancies, and yet women are not.
This teaching, he asks- does it start in situations such as this?

My personal opinion, on the question of violence, is that the USA has put too much emphasis on protecting children from verbal abuse, to the point that they are ultrasensitive to challenge, opposition, and any sort of conflict in social situations. Debate on topics quickly turns to personal attacks as they become overly defensive, feeling hurt if even their opinion is disagreed with! I think this is a problem, and maybe especially for men, who do have more testosterone and are wired to have more aggressivity. The concept of "good" aggression is almost completely eliminated from the current culture. This has caused a split- the extremely passive and the extremely aggressive, but not many in between. Not much constructive conflict going on.

Because I see things that way, I tend to see the mother who lets her son face the kind of female he will be facing more and more in his life, and not saving him but instead watching and hoping he will start working on standing up to her, is not such a bad thing. When he has his girlfriend acting like that at 17, and mommy is not there to get in and shut her up and tell her to go home, what will he do??

The girl is not her daughter, but I am willing to bet they noticed her strong character and secretly hope some fo that will rub off on him and he will learn (perhaps through her provocation?) to act more like her, and start developing some balls and backbone, so he won't fall victim to the Bridezillas later on!

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The video is very disturbing, and I know of a story of a similar case of abuse that ultimately REALLY screwed the guy up (he is really good a friend of mine). I am certain of this by the way, because I not only know the guy, I know his brothers. They were actually the ones who told me about it in the first place. He finally told me about it one afternoon (we've been friends since 3rd grade - this was when he was 37) and all of the details. At this point, he'd seen a shrink about it years ago, and accepted what had been done to him.

What happened was that the guy's dad started teasing him about "LIKING GIRLS" when he was 6 years old. This brought increasingly desperate denials from the kid, who was trying to establish his identity as a boy. One of the hallmarks of 6,7, 8 and even 9 year old boys is they just plain "don't like girls." If you liked girls you were "girly," and that meant you weren't really a boy. It's healthy -- it happens to girls to, except they don't like boys. It's part of developing a gender identity.

But this kid was teased mercilessly by his father every night at dinner about "LIKING GIRLS" until he was either screaming, crying, throwing up or walking away from the dinner table. The father thought the screaming denials were cute and funny.

Just like some of you guys think the video is

FUNNY

So did the mother at first, but I guess she got increasingly concerned that the father was doing psychological damage to his son.

But he kept doing it; evidently saw nothing wrong with it and it entertained him. He did it every night for nearly three years and didn't finally stop until the kid was going into 7th grade. He was totally oblivious to the deep, deep trauma he was causing his kid.

And the thing was, he wasn't a bad father in most other respects but he was clueless that what he was doing to his son could damage him psychologically.

The result? In most respects, this guy is one of the coolest, smartest people I know, but sexually, he's totally screwed up. He made some deep commitment to himself when he was about 7 years old that he must never -EVER-demonstrate in any way that he "liked girls," and day after day as his father mercilessly teased him, it just made his commitment deeper and more permanent.

And the result of that? Well, he's heterosexual, but he can't enjoy sex or being with a woman at all unless he feels like the sex is being FORCED upon him. In high school and college, he liked girls, but wouldn't initiate conversations with them or ask them out. He wanted to, but something deep within said no.

He did hook up with a few girls at parties when he was drunk, but the relationships never lasted for more than a few weeks. This was because when it came to sex, he just couldn't deliver the goods, and he was too embarrassed to tell the girls what would do it for him.

He's still single (never married) and still a virgin.

I wonder how his dad would feel if he understood that his (dad's) 5-10 minutes of nightly amusement ruined his son's life?

Some people just can't see the obvious. The video is indeed VERY disturbing.
edit on 24-7-2011 by ClintK because: punctuation

edit on 24-7-2011 by ClintK because: just a few augmentations

edit on 24-7-2011 by ClintK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yes4141

Ok...we have to stop there.
I never painted a profile of you in my mind.
Not at all. I write it again.
I was baffled about your only concern was about the child seeing himself when older.
You see, mental torture at that age is detrimental to the child....the issue is that, not molestation, physical torture, or any other violence on children.
That was my only concern, now it seem that my poor English wasn't good enough hence misunderstanding.
I apologise now and be sure that I have no preconceive idea about people that I never met.
Sorry.

posted on Jul, 24 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kacou

The only thing I couldn't understand is why you were saying this to me when I never, ever denied this could be harmful to the child.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join