It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul to Congress: If Debt Is the Problem, Why Do You Want More of It?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+62 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Ron Paul speaking the truth like always.

This video pretty much sums up what we need to tell our politicians who are "competing" with each other trying to make their party look better. Let's get down to the real issue, and stop all of the political phoniness.

Paul is correct again. This administration lies and uses fear, they hold the senior hostage, and the scum stooped to holding the military hostage to allow for more debt.

The government should pay their bills. The funds that the scum raided were paid for at least once, and now we get get to pay again. We are Greece.

This debt ceiling is a bailout.

Look peeps, Greece gets a bailout from the IMF. That gave them exactly what they don't need, more debt, and now they are closer to default than ever. What the hell make people in this country think we are different. Magic wands are a myth, math is a certainty, and default is a given.

Wake the hell up!

Source

Again RP sounds like a complete genius. Reminds me of any smart person too advanced for their time...they marginalize, mock, ignore...and after, it is to late to they realize that the person was right.

The truth is that is hard to disagree with his thoughts.
edit on 22-7-2011 by RUSSO because: Add more info.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

I want to make one comment. The words "Free Market" DO NOT mean "Free Trade" as in WTO, NAFTA CAFTA .....

Free market means the mega corporations do not get to write laws that place the little guy at a major disadvantage as has been happening with increasing regularity.

+23 more 
posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If he isn't elected POTUS, America is truly lost and I fear for her future. Ron Paul may be the only true American left in congress.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Logic and reason in economics and politics, goog god Dr. Paul; do you even want to get elected?

Best of circumstances the rest of paul's peers (and I use that loosely) are smply too dumb to get this. Worst case they'll just ignore him and continue robbing the public blind.

As good as it always is to hear the good doctor speak it remains an exercise in futility.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
very good post, thank you.

Ron paul for president. Or impending doom and gloom.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
hmm, ron paul ftw then.
but for some reason the us gov is going to do something to make people follow obama shortly before elections.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I usually tend to agree with Ron Paul, but I haven't agreed with him on the debt ceiling. Our debt is so high right now, that we have to do everything we can to fix it. This includes increasing the debt ceiling, and developing a plan to reduced debt in the future. The only way to reduce debt in the future is to both raise taxes(Many corporations get money back for taxes, so don't gimme any bull.) and to cut spending. Military spending is the obvious choice, but neither party seems to really support that, instead they want to cut grandma's medications. (Funny how the people who were complaining about "death councils" killing grandma are now wanting to do pretty much the same thing themselves.)

There's an obvious answer to Ron Paul's question. We need more debt to make sure we don't default on our loans. If that happens...bad things happen to the U.S.
I saw a poll on CNN that said most(55%) people think this debt thing is no big deal. Then they were like "This really is a big deal, why don't people realize that?" Funny, you were actually downplaying the issue the entire time...no wonder most people don't think it's a big deal.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wait, I thought Obama said you had to be a professional politician to comprehend any of the debt. Why is this guy making sense? Spend more money to keep from spending more money. It doesn't look like they want to stop. It looks like they want an increase on their credit limit, to spend more. Raise our taxes to boot. So they have more money to spend. There is no logic in that. You're in a sinking boat, you don't pump water into the boat. USA is a sinking boat. Obama's telling you that's not water coming over the deck. That's opportunity!
I wish there were a facepalm smiley available.
edit on 22-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
Wait, I thought Obama said you had to be a professional politician to comprehend any of the debt. Why is this guy making sense?
edit on 22-7-2011 by Hillbilly123069 because: grammar

Because both he and we simply must not understand the concept of debt. Only the enlightened few, such as Obama, can.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

I usually tend to agree with Ron Paul, but I haven't agreed with him on the debt ceiling. Our debt is so high right now, that we have to do everything we can to fix it

Remember what happened to Argentina? Moratorium. Look what is happening in Greece. Snowball.

Paul makes some very good points here. The problem is the debt. The solution is not more debt.

edit on 22-7-2011 by RUSSO because: add

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Get rid of entitlement and end all wars, I like that idea. I really hope America wakes up and elect Ron Paul in 2012 but most people, including my friends, are just ignorant or just don't care. It's an uphill battle but hope he prevails...

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by eNumbra

As good as it always is to hear the good doctor speak it remains an exercise in futility.
Just goes to show that RP wont give up the fight easily. When you give up is when they win.

reply to post by eddy2258

hmm, ron paul ftw then.
but for some reason the us gov is going to do something to make people follow obama shortly before elections.
Yeah, and the public is already buttered up because he got the worlds worste terrorist mastermind.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
He will have the media manipulation playing out how he wants people to think. Run a big bs story on benefits and necessity. Focus on how we the people consider him a savior for it and take every possible measure to suppress any 'radical' thinking/actions. Maybe yesterday's labeling of white, church-going, gun-owning citizens to be likely terrorists is a step in that agenda.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
reply to post by eNumbra

Just goes to show that RP wont give up the fight easily. When you give up is when they win.
not giving up; but everybody needs a break from bashing their skull against a wall after a while.

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

stiff the federal reserve i LOVE that.

pauls right on.

the man who should be potus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ron paul 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Lol more debt isnt the solution to debt.

I dont think there has ever been a case where debt was counted with more debt effectively.

That just seems stupid to me..

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Genuine and sincere about his ideas. Potus for sure.

Give him a chance!

link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

Maybe yesterday's labeling of white, church-going, gun-owning citizens to be likely terrorists is a step in that agenda.

It is REAL interesting to look into where the "racist" label came from for the tea party (I am not a member)

This is from a "Rockerfeller" poll so it is biased as can be seen by their characterization of the Tea Party in Maxwell’s report, titled “Tea Party Distinguished by Racial Views and Fear of the Future,” See bottom on how the actual questions were slanted.

NOTE:: 10.6% of those polled (over 3,400) defined themselves as Tea Party members. So this is based on responses from about 340 to 350 people.

...Her analysis of poll results shows that while Tea Party members are politically sophisticated and vote at high rates, they are also fiscally and socially more conservative than other Republicans, sometimes dramatically so.

...The Blair-Rockefeller Poll found that Tea Party members are predominantly white, middle class, educated, Christian males over the age of 45 and that 37.4 percent of Tea Party members believe that “the Bible is the actual Word of God and is to be taken literally, word for word.” In contrast, 29.7 percent of other respondents, who were not Tea Party members, shared that belief.

Although Tea Party members tend to have a higher income, more education and lower unemployment rates than non-Tea Party members, they are more pessimistic about the future. When asked about their personal situations, 36.9 percent of Tea Party members reported they expect things to be worse or much worse in the coming year, in contrast to 23.6 percent of non-Tea Party members. The gap was even greater for views about the country’s future: 62.1 percent thought things will get worse or much worse in the country over the next year, while only 38.8 percent of non-Tea Party members held that view..... newswire.uark.edu...

My reading is the "white Tea Party members are more strongly opposed to federal support of housing, school, job and health care quality for minorities." is all about the Constitution and FEDERAL interference.

The statement “we have gone too far in pushing equal rights in this country.” can also be viewed as stand not against equality for everyone but as a stand against SPECIAL PRIVILEGES for certain classes of people, something entirely different.

Amazing how poll results can get twisted isn't it. Of Course since this was a UNIVERSITY sponsored statement it now has a lot of weight.

These are some of the actual questions and results (I enjoy digging and I like Statistics :lol It shows how much TPTB lies.

TABLE 1. DIFFERENCES TEA PARTY MEMBERS & NON-TEA PARTY MEMBERS NATIONWIDE

Question (Answer) Tea Party Members (TP) Non-Tea Party Members (O)

We are also interested in peoples' perspective on the future and whether they believe things are getting better or worse. Do you think your own personal situation will get much better or much worse? (somewhat worse or much worse) TP=36.9% O=23.6%

We are also interested in peoples' perspective on the future and whether they believe things are getting better or worse. Do you think the country will get much better or much worse? (somewhat worse or much worse) TP= 62.1% O=38.8%

We are also interested in how people are getting along financially these days. What do you think your financial situation will be a year from now? (worse off) TP=39.2% O=21.9%

Number of observations = 3406 Source: 2010 Blair-Rockefeller Poll
[Look like the Tea Party types were more aware of economics to me cv]

TABLE 2. DIFFERENCES BETWEEN TEA PARTY WHITES & NON-TEA PARTY WHITES NATIONWIDE
Question (Answer) Tea Party Whites (TP) Non-Tea Party Whites (O)
Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have job equality with Whites, even if it means you will have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government) TP=84.5% O=66.9%

Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have schools equal in quality to Whites, even if it means you have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government) TP=69.3% O=46.2%

Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have housing equal in quality to Whites, even if it means you have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government) TP=83.0% O=63.4%

Do you think it is the responsibility of the federal government to make sure that minorities have health care services equal to Whites, even if it means you have to pay more taxes? (not the responsibility of the federal government) TP=81.4% O=53.2%

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: We have gone too far in pushing equal rights in this country? (strongly agree or agree) TP=62.8% O=39.4%

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: Our society should do whatever is necessary to make sure that everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed. (strongly disagree or disagree) TP=30.7% O=12.3%

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as President? (strongly disapprove) TP=69.3% O=19.0%

Thinking about Barack Obama’s religious beliefs…
Do you happen to know what Barack Obama’s religion is? (Christian) TP=31.5% O=49.4%
Thinking about Barack Obama’s religious beliefs… Do you happen to know what Barack Obama’s religion is? (Muslim) TP=38.8% O=16.7%

Number of observations = 2469
Source: 2010 Blair-Rockefeller Poll www.uark.edu...

TAX IMPORTS NOT WAGES!

Tax on imports = excise tax, see graph:

link   
reply to post by eddy2258

Yes, it's called a "False Flag" event. These are designed to terrorize the population and to get them rallying around their leader and national identity, and to further whatever agenda is in play. Very scary indeed.

Don't want to derail the thread...I have great respect for Dr. Paul he is a true statesman and patriot. Definately "founding father" material.

In our current financial and social predicament, there is noone I would trust more to be at the helm.

He has been right on in al his comments concerning the "debt ceiling" "crisis".

"Though I broke with many of my friends in Congress by voting against the House CCB plan, I was the first Presidential Candidate to sign the Cut, Cap, and Balance Pledge, as I believed in its call for ‘substantial’ spending cuts, hard caps, and a Balanced Budget Amendment

"If elected President, I will veto any spending bill that contributes to an unbalanced budget, and I will balance the budget in the first year of my term. I will also fight for and sign an iron clad Balanced Budget Amendment to the United States Constitution.

"I have never voted to raise the federal debt limit, and I have no doubt that we face financial collapse and ruin if we continue to grow our debt. We need to make major spending cuts now, in this budget, and we can no longer afford to allow more deficit spending based on promises of future cuts.

finance.yahoo.com...

edit on 22-7-2011 by robyn because: to get back on topic

edit on 22-7-2011 by robyn because: format quote

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
In case you cant watch the vid, here is a transcript:

Transcript

Ron Paul: Mr. Speaker, the Congress is concerned about the debt, the people are concerned about the debt, the markets are concerned about the debt, the world is concerned about the debt and what we’re doing here today, because we live with a world fiat dollar standard and so the whole world is engulfed in this very serious problem.

I do not understand, though, that if the debt is the problem – and I agree, the debt is the problem – that for us to come here and raise the debt by 2.4 trillion dollars is the solution. That just baffles me. I think it’s a distraction, because when a country gets indebted to the degree that we’re indebted, the country always defaults. This is historic, especially if the country is a significant country. On occasion, a small country will quit sending the checks and they’ll go bankrupt; we’re not going to do that, but we will default because the debt is unsustainable.

This year it is said that we have a debt increase of 1.6 trillion dollars, but that’s not true. If you count what we borrow from the pension funds, the Social Security and highway funds, it’s 2 trillion dollars. But if you include the increase in the entitlement obligation, it’s 5 trillion dollars. So this is a huge, huge problem.

But the argument here is, how do you default. And it is said that if we don’t raise the debt limit, we’re going to default and not send out the checks. I don’t believe that for a minute, somehow or another the checks are going to go out.

But if you really wanted to live within the technicalities of law, there’s a very simple thing you could do. We owe the Federal Reserve 1.6 trillion dollars. Well, that’s not a real debt – they bought those treasury bills with money out of thin air. We could just write that off or quit paying the interest, tide ourselves over and get down to serious business to cut back and live within our means. And that would be a solution. But to increase the national debt will only encourage another type of default, and that’s what we’re going through. We’re engaged in the most difficult and a very bad way of defaulting; and that is through the destruction of the currency. Today we have an inflation rate of 9%, and that is defaulting. So if a government can default and print money, and if they can get a 50% inflation rate over a period of time, they’ve cut that debt in half. That is the goal, that is what’s happening, and that is very, very serious.

Just in these last 3 years in dealing with this crisis, the dollar has been devalued 50% against gold, and gold, of course, is the best measurement of the value of a currency and it’s been that way for thousands of years and it cannot be denied because it’s economic law. So we are defaulting, and when the American people go out and start buying goods and services, like they are now, they’re recognizing it costs a lot of money. So right now, we’re in the early stages of rampant inflation, which means we’re going to be hit with higher prices and higher interest rates. That is going to be a tax. So I see the only solution, and that is to cut spending.

Now the reason we don’t cut spending is one side loves entitlements, and the other side loves war. And even this token attempt of a 100 billion dollars of cuts when we have this huge, huge deficit… But there’s no mention of cutting military spending. I don’t want to cut defense spending. This military spending doesn’t defend us, it makes things worse.

Our problem in this country doesn’t come only from the Congress, it comes from the people! The people still have a strong appetite for big government programs. They’re not willing to cut, they think government can take care of us from cradle to grave, and that we can be the policeman of the world. So someday, we as a country, we as a people, and we as a Congress, will have to say, “What should the role of government be?” The founders had a pretty strong suggestion, they wrote a constitution that said the government should be very limited, and the government should be protecting our liberties and providing national defense and a sound currency. We don’t do any of that. We’ve embarked on a course that was destined to end badly and this is where we are today.

So if we don’t understand this, this default will not be because we don’t send out the checks – we will send out the checks – it will be defaulted on because people will get their money back, or they will get their Social Security checks, and it won’t buy anything.

That is much, much worse than facing the fact that we not raise the debt limit and work our way out of this. That is devastating economically, and it’s devastating politically, because if we just saw a taste of what happens, how the anger is built when you see other countries in Europe now defaulting and can’t pay their bills. So this is more significant than ever, because we provide the reserve currency of the world.

Source

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join