It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of The 22 World Conflicts Around The World, 21 are Muslim

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:04 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:12 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

no, the analogy is not that good.

but you didn't ask me.

go over there and help them. i give free uniform!

no charge!

edit on 21-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Observer99

The difference betweem islam and the other religions is the fact that islam imposes incredibly strict laws on its people, and that twisted set of laws causes most of the problems. There is no equivalent of sharia law in Christianity.

Ok, Im going off on a religious tangent here....

But actually, there is a strict law that Christians were expected to follow. Its what Jesus referred to as "the law". But yet, Christians believe they are exempt from following it, because of the popular doctrine that "the law was nailed to the cross".. when on the contrary, Jesus never said anything like that but rather, insisted that every bit of the law would remain till "heaven and earth passed away". In other words, christianity is not all "lovey-dovey" as christians make it out to be.

Either Jesus was not really serious when he insisted that the law be kept till the end or christians aren't following their religon properly.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
These are "strict" undeniable "laws" that are imposed on them at young ages.

And?

There are few and far between that actually go against these "laws".

Because they would be killed or imprisoned etc.

We have no "laws" and abide by none.

Lent, tithing, communion, heterosexuality, etc. But yes, they aren't "laws" and that was my point. There are no christian churches that will kill you or imprison you for disobeying the things above. At worst you may be shunned from a few of the most closed-minded churches.

Christians had/have strict laws, but no longer have the "hand" to control them. If they did, most people would have been slain, tortured, or maimed. These are facts.

"These are facts" because you have pan-dimensional video evidence of an alternate reality, in which modern-day christians are being killed or imprisoned for breaking "christian law"? No wait, you're just imagining it.

The fundamental laws in christianity are to love other people, be humble, etc. That's why it succeeded to help build the most successful societies. If you want to talk crusades, start with catholicism, not christianity. And even then, I bet if you went back to those times and saw what was really behind it, it would be the corrupt few at the top brainwashing the masses, not a fundamental flaw in the religion. The new testament is really what makes christianity a religion of peace, love and understanding.

There are brainwashed & hateful variants of christianity today, including the jehovah's witnesses. The difference is that they are the minority fringe. If the US was a jehovah's witness nation, then you might see similar kinds of insanity you see in islam. But the lunacy of modern JW's and the lunacy of catholics 500 years ago is not the reality of today. Acting like it is is just anti-religious nonsense.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
I wouldn't perceive everyone I know as a threat. Probably, because I'm naive. I'll admit. But, I wouldn't put it past them either.

Do what your instincts tell you.

I had 2 friends die on the line., yes it's easy to say, and not do.

Those guys, I know in my heart, would of done everything to try to even protect your family. I know, because they were never technically involved with me, but always got involved if someone came near me and screwed up my night. Those two never let it go. They would run them down and chase. I know, there is heart in some people. Good or bad. If you know what's right you will do it.

And

If you know what's wrong, you will do it. Doesn't matter what anyone says. I know from experience.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

America superior in every way to Iraq. Iraq, lots of hard-aches.

Aliens superior in every way to America. America, lots of hard-aches.

Sorry, but I couldn't find a worthy adversary who has as much advanced technology against us as we have against the Iraqis.
edit on 21-7-2011 by BiGGz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by Observer99

The difference betweem islam and the other religions is the fact that islam imposes incredibly strict laws on its people, and that twisted set of laws causes most of the problems. There is no equivalent of sharia law in Christianity.

Ok, Im going off on a religious tangent here....

But actually, there is a strict law that Christians were expected to follow. Its what Jesus referred to as "the law". But yet, Christians believe they are exempt from following it, because of the popular doctrine that "the law was nailed to the cross".. when on the contrary, Jesus never said anything like that but rather, insisted that every bit of the law would remain till "heaven and earth passed away". In other words, christianity is not all "lovey-dovey" as christians make it out to be.

Either Jesus was not really serious when he insisted that the law be kept till the end or christians aren't following their religon properly.

i knew i missed something.

so, are you saying we are not following our religion properly because we are not violent crazy mother''lovers?

you would want the WORD unleashed on you before the lord is ready?

wow.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by BiGGz

we are not there to kill everyone. just the bad guys.

we have to do it with minimal help from everyone.

the faster you can stop the sunnis, al keda, sheites wassabi's iranians, pakistanis, talibans, jordanians, and the usual suspects,

we can go the hell home!
edit on 21-7-2011 by fooks because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

Nope. You can't argue with the facts. And the fact is, there aren't any atheists on your list. Now what have we learned today?
edit on 21/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   

You must not forget the basic law about violent conflict:

"While it is commonly believed to take two to make a fight, a third party must exist and must develop it for actual conflict to occur."

By this law, it is more likely that Islam is being targeted, than that it is the real cause of all this unrest.

My own theory is that certain European interests want Islam out of the way to give them easier access to various sites currently located in Arab countries. Though the cover story is that this is all about oil, I see indications of more esoteric motivations.

One way or another, it's really crazy.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   

I guess if this is indeed true then it is just history repeating itself. Look at all the wars and battles waged in the name of God under the Christian Cross through out our history. It kind of makes sense that such a religion that is now growing in modern times for a more conservative and old school way of living is at strife with all things modern and expanding. Just my analysis of course and I am no expert.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

These are "strict" undeniable "laws" that are imposed on them at young ages.

And?

There are few and far between that actually go against these "laws".

Because they would be killed or imprisoned etc.

We have no "laws" and abide by none.

Lent, tithing, communion, heterosexuality, etc. But yes, they aren't "laws" and that was my point. There are no christian churches that will kill you or imprison you for disobeying the things above. At worst you may be shunned from a few of the most closed-minded churches.

Christians had/have strict laws, but no longer have the "hand" to control them. If they did, most people would have been slain, tortured, or maimed. These are facts.

"These are facts" because you have pan-dimensional video evidence of an alternate reality, in which modern-day christians are being killed or imprisoned for breaking "christian law"? No wait, you're just imagining it.

The fundamental laws in christianity are to love other people, be humble, etc. That's why it succeeded to help build the most successful societies. If you want to talk crusades, start with catholicism, not christianity. And even then, I bet if you went back to those times and saw what was really behind it, it would be the corrupt few at the top brainwashing the masses, not a fundamental flaw in the religion. The new testament is really what makes christianity a religion of peace, love and understanding.

There are brainwashed & hateful variants of christianity today, including the jehovah's witnesses. The difference is that they are the minority fringe. If the US was a jehovah's witness nation, then you might see similar kinds of insanity you see in islam. But the lunacy of modern JW's and the lunacy of catholics 500 years ago is not the reality of today. Acting like it is is just anti-religious nonsense.

And?

That needs to be acknowledged the same way Santa is.

No they dont kill... right away! There is lobotomizing, cult, and rituals that can make someone "be different", no comparison

My imagination is large, but not so large for delusion.

That's why it helped succeed the most CORRUPT societies! BTW Christianity, Catholicism, Mormonism, Protestant are all reformed from one another.

Look when your ready to have a REAL conversation with someone in the KNOW, let me know. I cannot possibly waste my time, teaching someone something that they obviously took NO time to research in the beginning.

BTW, JW's is something you do NOT want to get into with me!!

NRE.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox

Nope. You can't argue with the facts. And the fact is, there aren't any atheists on your list. Now what have we learned today?
edit on 21/7/2011 by TheWalkingFox because: (no reason given)

atheists are chicken poop mofo's.

they are manipulators, hey, get the christians to fight the muslims! get the muslims to fight the hindu's, all day long!

ooooooooooh we don't fight, let the old men who start the war, fight the war!

agitators at best.

no where to stand for them. gotta suck being the front line for anyone, huh?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

so, are you saying we are not following our religion properly because we are not violent crazy mother''lovers?

Im saying christians are not following their religion because they are not doing as Jesus said, which is, keep the law.

Its also hypocritical of christians to accuse muslims of running their societies by strict laws, when christians themselves are expected to follow an equally strict law (according to Jesus as recorded in the bible).

edit on 21-7-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
Why the hate? Just curious? Like they asked for all this? I don't think THEY per-say asked for any of this.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Hello, I just wanted to personally thank you for the massive amount of humor that post just gave me. I guess some would call your post trolling but I would like to think of it as good old fashioned humor.

Sincerely Yours,
Chicken Poop Mofo

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

what does that mean?

i am as sober as a priest.

you heard me right, atheists just start trouble, don't you think?

with all the "it's your religion causing my headaches and the worlds problems coz i don't want to hear anything, lalalalalala!!"

we don't have a fix but it's religions fault, wait!
ok, we just give in and be nationalists and you can what? how do replace religion?

science? brainwash people that think there is something bigger than man for human rights?

where is the map? sorry, i'll go with what we got.

i'm gonna eat an aussie sirloin burnt offering for dinner tonite.

shuttle is coming in now. wait....

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

what does that mean?

i am as sober as a priest.

Irish Catholic or Russian orthodox?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by sk0rpi0n
reply to post by fooks

Im saying christians are not following their religion because they are not doing as Jesus said, which is, keep the law.

Its also hypocritical of christians to accuse muslims of running their societies by strict laws, when christians themselves are expected to follow an equally strict law (according to Jesus as recorded in the bible).

edit on 21-7-2011 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

see this post by the walking fox

"You do know you're supposed to drink your booze, not inject it... right? Might want to alter your style of inebriation, friend, that'll kill you for sure."

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join