It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Of The 22 World Conflicts Around The World, 21 are Muslim

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+43 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
We cant argue with the facts. I think its time the moderate muslim voices if there are any, start acting before its too late.
Here is the list:

1. Afghanistan Extreme radical Fundamentalist Muslim terrorist groups & Osama bin Laden headed a terrorist group called Al Quada (The Source) whose headquarters were in Afghanistan.
2. Bosnia Serbian Orthodox Christians, Roman Catholic, Muslims
3. Cote d'Ivoire Muslims, Indigenous, Christians
4. Cyprus Christians & Muslims
5. East Timor Christians & Muslims
6. Indonesia, province of Ambon Christians & Muslims
7. Kashmir Hindus and Muslims
8. Kosovo Serbian Orthodox Christians, Muslims
9. Kurdistan Christians, Muslims Assaults on Christians (Protestant, Chaldean Catholic & Assyrian Orthodox). Bombing campaign underway.
10. Macedonia Macedonian Orthodox Christians & Muslims
11. Middle East Jews, Muslims
12. Nigeria Christians, Animists, & Muslims
13. Pakistan Suni & Shi'ite Muslims
14. Philippines Christians & Muslims
15. Russia, Chechnya Russian Orthodox Christians, Muslims. The Russian army attacked the breakaway region. Muslims had allegedly blown up buildings in Moscow. Many atrocities have been alleged.
16. Serbia, province of Vojvodina Serbian Orthodox & Roman Catholics, Muslims
17. Sri Lanka Buddhists & Hindus Tamils, Muslims

Additional conflicts

19. Thailand: Pattani province: Buddists and Muslims
20. Bangladesh: Muslim-Hindu (Bengalis) and Buddists (Chakmas)
21. Tajikistan: intra-Islamic conflict

edit on 21-7-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

+35 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Very interesting. I'll wait for the Islam apologist to swoop in and tell us that Muslims are the most peaceful of religious people, and that it's the minorities of aforementioned countries that are instigating the conflicts....

Seriously though

+65 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
By no means am I a Muslim apologist, but you can't ignore that Christianity is listed almost as many times as Muslim is. I think religion in general may be the root cause, not one specific faith.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
22. You forgot the strippers who are the "evil of the world and the break up of all marriages". I guess they are unionized terrorists as well. With the way you all are acting, I wouldn't put it past some of you all.

23. Don't forget the preacher who hands out money to the strippers.[being nice and personal]
edit on 21-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChachiArcola
By no means am I a Muslim apologist, but you can't ignore that Christianity is listed almost as many times as Muslim is. I think religion in general may be the root cause, not one specific faith.

I thought Islam is still the majority in all those countries; perhaps not? And I do think you can pinpoint it to one specific religion. Do you see Christians striving to impose an obscure religious law? Beat their multiple wives, ban women from driving? Take pride in honor killings/beatings? Promote violence violence against "the infidels"? Yes I know that not all Muslims are like that, but as time has shown recently, there have been far more Muslim atrocity/nutbag threads than any other. Maybe I'm missing some vital facts here, but I don't see exactly how Christianity, Hindus, or other religions contribute to the violent conflicts.

+37 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

No actually on this list I see Muslims against everyone, Jews, Christians, Hindus and Buddhists.
Funny these religions don’t fight with one another besides muslims, kind of makes you think…

+40 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Most of the "conflicts" listed in the OP are petty skirmishes compared to current conflicts where muslims are on the recieving end of foriegn aggression.

1. Afghanistan.
The Taliban offered to hand Bin Laden over if evidence was provided, but George W.Bush instead chose to bomb Afghanistan.

2. Iraq.
A war based on lies and deception of the American people (anybody remember the mobile chemical laboratories? WMDs? yellowcake uranium from Niger?) 1 million dead because of a few lies.

3. Pakistan.
Drone attacks on Pakistani villagers... because its so easy to kill at the push of a button, right?

4. Libya.
NATO bombards a country that was just minding its own business... just because it can.

5. Israel.
Western backed rogue state, with its state of the art military, brutalizes a weaker population while the world twiddles its thumbs.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I live in a muslim country that is very moderate, so it's easy for me to keep an open mind about it.

Nevertheless, I struggle with feeling like it is a cancer, that destroys wherever it goes.

But Christianity doesn't have a better track record, historically. If you wanted to have a race for which one had killed more people... wow, it would be hard to say. Between Hitler & the Inquisition alone, they probably have Islam beat.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Well with the U.S.A.'s depiction of Muslims for the last decade may have something to do with it its a war on the middle east and its oil or for the control of the region or maybe just another step towards the New World Order but either way the slandering of Muslims and middle eastern people has got to have a play in things happening.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The dogmatic Abrahamic religions all have to go, but Islam is particularly detrimental to mankind.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
And, what's your problem? With not just getting along? None.
edit on 21-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

Really, are you kidding?
in 2,3,4 you forget to mention that these are countries with dictators and religious muslim fanatics who treat their own people like animals. You can actually add them to the list under muslim vs muslims ( hence the revolt in these countries by the people).
edit on 21-7-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
But Christianity doesn't have a better track record, historically. If you wanted to have a race for which one had killed more people... wow, it would be hard to say. Between Hitler & the Inquisition alone, they probably have Islam beat.

*Sigh*, it's this comment again. Please keep in mind, that Islam has had it's own Inquisition and crusades leading in just as many deaths as their Christian counterparts. Islam and Christianity isn't that far apart age wise, yet Christianity went from a tyrannical view of with holding knowledge and forcing citizens to live a strict life adhering to biblical law from being one of the more liberal religions you can find today.

Yet look at Islam. Despite being relatively equal in age, Islam still acts like it's 900AD in many places on this continent. (Yes, some countries also have an extreme Christian belief system too, but you could count those on one hand as opposed to Muslim countries.) I know I lay a lot of "hate" on the political side of Islam as I really don't care about their religious leanings, but I just wanted to point this out.

Some rather extreme Islamic countries:
Afghanistan
Abu Dubai
Iran
Iraq
Africa (which also harbors some rather extreme Christians)

Some rather extreme Christian countries:
Africa (Like above, also harbors some rather extreme Muslims)

Of course they're not all extremists, but the country is Islamic which usually enforces Islamic law like beatings, hangings, homosexual intolerance as well as other religious intolerance +++. African Christians have been known to set fire to supposed "witches" and disowning of "possessed children". Again, not all extremists.

I just get annoyed when someone comes in and goes, "Zomg! But Christian has murdered THIS many!" when in reality, Islam has pretty much caused equally as many deaths and continue to do so in some of the more extreme Islamic countries.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper

i couldn't have said it better. i agree...

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

in 2,3,4 you forget to mention that these are countries with dictators and religious muslim fanatics who treat their own people like animals. You can actually add them to the list under muslim vs muslims ( hence the revolt in these countries by the people)

So in cases 2, 3 and 4 (Iraq, Pakistan and Libya), you are saying the best way to deal with "dictators and muslim fanatics" is to bomb everyday citizens to pieces?

Besides,with regard to the revolts, you seem to be missing the point that its a political situation, not a religious one. To club the two together is as retarded as saying WW2 was basically christians vs christians/ jews/ shintos/muslims etc.

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yes, maybe most of recent conflicts are Muslin involved but started due to other religious populous trying to push their idealisms or governments on said countries i.e Iraq/Afghanistan/Old Yugoslavia. The rest are usual conflict seen over the rest of the world over the last century such as differences of opinion and slight differences in religion and territory i.e Uk/Ireland ect

I think it just so happens that the muslim world is only just coming into this period the modern world experienced over a few hundred years.... Whilst the western world are all pretty much united now, the middle east are fighting like we used to. Maybe one day they will be like us (if that is really desirable?)

Another point is that a couple or more of those are fed by the west (Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya)

What was the 22nd non muslim conflict, out of curiosity?

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

+6 more 
posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:55 AM
link   

You're just cherry picking.

1. Mexico - Hispanic drug cartels
2. Brazil - Portuguese drug cartels
3. Colombia - Revolutionary Hispanic drug traffickers
4. North Korea - South Korea
5. Cambodia-Thailand standoff - South-East Asian
6. Naxalite-Maoist insurgency - Communist insurgency in India
7. Greek protests - Greek nationals (majority Greek Orthodox)

And most of the conflicts you listed had 'Christian' written on them. You know, it's easy to point fingers and say the Muslims are the reason there's so much conflict, but most wars in modern history were fought between Christian leaders. The two greatest wars, WW I & II, between Germans/Italians and Brits/Frenchies (Couldn't get more Christian then that).

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Raelsatu

Firstly Muslims aren't the majority in all these countries especialy Yugoslavia.

Nope Chatolics and Chritian Orthodox's both thought against eachother in the Yugoslav war.

There is no point on commenting on threads that blame the Muslims for every wrongdoing in the world. It reminds me of when the government told us the Communists were infiltrating our ranks, it reminds me of the Yellow Menace in Australia which was a campaign to scare Australians of Asian people- it was an ultra racist government policy and most evidently it reminds me of those that blame everything on the Jews.

People fear what they don't understand and hate what they can't conquer.
edit on 21-7-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Yes, Count,

Hence my post about organised religion causing all wars.

It is obvious - the churches are corrupt and the mosques are corrupt.

People, step away now.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join