It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help?? Object near sun getting larger? 18-JULY 2011

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Check out this vid, then if you know your SOHO check the latest pics. The object is large and seems to be entering frame right now. Very slow transit. What is it?

It's still there....

Youtube video

Can anyone embed or screenshot for me.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I've seen that before, AFAIK it's ...well, I forgot which planet but it's one ours

Venus maybe.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Was it not shown to be some sort of anomoly of venus?

link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

Here you go.

link   
I believe this is normal. I dont know what it is, but I have seen it before as well as millions of others. Look at a couple other soho videos and you will see that object.
edit on 18-7-2011 by sabbathcrazy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Here you go!!!
Im on the fence for these anomalies
But as I always say, What if??

Here
Oops I was beat to it

Thanks!!

edit on 18-7-2011 by VenomVile.6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I don't know what it is. That's why I am asking. It's transit is alot slower than I have seen with planets. It's almost stationary.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
It is venus most likely...

Pretty sure elenin is a ways away right now, but I havent looked at the tracking map lately..

With all the hype that elenin has caused, and a lot of it deserved, I'm sure we will see a lot more false alarms..

Then when the big one hits, no one will believe it

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Aren't there websites that will give you direction and elevation of just about every known object at times in the past and future projected positions? Seems like it would be easy enough to see what they are calling this if you recall a pretty solid time frame and can think out a direction google maps could help you get proper bearing numbers for checking the data with. Just an idea on this?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
if you check the last two days of images from Lasco C3 you will see that it's been getting larger all be it slowly.
SOHO data search

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
Aren't there websites that will give you direction and elevation of just about every known object at times in the past and future projected positions? Seems like it would be easy enough to see what they are calling this if you recall a pretty solid time frame and can think out a direction google maps could help you get proper bearing numbers for checking the data with. Just an idea on this?

My smartphone limits what I can check. That why I am asking. I would have thought the same. Just waiting for some of the astronomers to tell me exactly what it is??
edit on 18-7-2011 by MasterAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterAndrew

I kind of was messing around with the soho player and on 07-16-2011 at 06:42 a frame pops up that shows the image already on the screen part way and then dissapears. Wonder how that happened. Anyone?

Another person posted a thread that goes along with this thread. Here is the video from that thread.

Linked together? Something explainable (not by me
)?
edit on 18-7-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I've been viewing Jupiter off and on the last 2 weeks at about 3:30 until about 5:00 am. Jupiter is almost dead East.
I would put my money on it being Jupiter. For those who are up that early, take a look, very easy to spot looking East and very large.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Check out my thread here on rogue stars, they have been moving through our system a lot recently. here is the link: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
What I never understood about threads like this is:

If I found a video on YouTube that convinced me of something so spectacular, I would investigate it until I either proved it wrong, or until I failed at proving it wrong.

In which case, I would post everything I had done to try and prove it wrong, meaning, I would be under the impression it was real.

....leaving it open for everyone to check my process of proving it wrong.

Something so spectacular....

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Boncho, some of us are under the impression that more minds are better than one, and that if we work collaboratively, we will bring myriad more skill sets to the table. Thank you for your imput, but you are not helping the discussion. Sorry to derail the thread with a flame war, but shills drive me nuts. I'll shut up now and get back on topic.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
for those that said Venus...yes

sungrazer.nrl.navy.mil.../transits

Transits of Objects through the LASCO/C3 field of view (FOV) in 2011

Jul18-Sep15 Venus -3.9 Right to Left

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

reply to post by KSprepared

Boncho, some of us are under the impression that more minds are better than one, and that if we work collaboratively, we will bring myriad more skill sets to the table.

If you collaborate on investigating something that is non-existent, what have you accomplished.

I wonder...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fc7d78a19405.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
thanks ATS, I knew I could rely on you guys. Will be watching closely over next several days.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join