Why God's Word The Bible IS Infallible!

page: 49
14
<< 46  47  48    50 >>

log in

join

posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Iason321
Really now why do people even make threads like this here? What's the point?!


read the thread... you may figure it out...

God sakes why resurect the dead bro...

:bnghd:


Someday, God willing we will debate the infallibility of the bible and the word will win. Until then I will let you have your way.
It does however point out the fallibility of man, and it is for this reason that you have rejected the infallibility of the bible.

I don’t think I have confused Akragon on this one and if I have
I win this round of word play.
edit on 8-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)


Im afraid that day will never come my friend... though if you choose to defend the infallibility of the bible, this is the place to do it... but like i said, if you review this thread you might think twice...

And im sure my JW friend here will help you along the way... myself, i tire of this thread and didn't expect it to reappear... that happens after 40 some odd pages of debate

edit on 8-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)




posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by wearewatchingyouman
reply to post by edmc^2
 


Genesis 1....fifth day God creates beast and flying creatures... sixth day God creates man and woman...

24 And God went on to say: “Let the earth put forth living souls according to their kinds, domestic animal and moving animal and wild beast of the earth according to its kind.” And it came to be so. 25 And God proceeded to make the wild beast of the earth according to its kind and the domestic animal according to its kind and every moving animal of the ground according to its kind. And God got to see that [it was] good.

26 And God went on to say: “Let us make man in our image, according to our likeness, and let them have in subjection the fish of the sea and the flying creatures of the heavens and the domestic animals and all the earth and every moving animal that is moving upon the earth.” 27 And God proceeded to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them.


Genesis 2... God creates Adam and puts him in Eden... then creates beasts and flying creatures so man can name them... then creates Eve...

15 And Jehovah God proceeded to take the man and settle him in the garden of E´den to cultivate it and to take care of it. 16 And Jehovah God also laid this command upon the man: “From every tree of the garden you may eat to satisfaction. 17 But as for the tree of the knowledge of good and bad you must not eat from it, for in the day you eat from it you will positively die.”

18 And Jehovah God went on to say: “It is not good for the man to continue by himself. I am going to make a helper for him, as a complement of him.” 19 Now Jehovah God was forming from the ground every wild beast of the field and every flying creature of the heavens, and he began bringing them to the man to see what he would call each one; and whatever the man would call it, each living soul, that was its name. 20 So the man was calling the names of all the domestic animals and of the flying creatures of the heavens and of every wild beast of the field, but for man there was found no helper as a complement of him. 21 Hence Jehovah God had a deep sleep fall upon the man and, while he was sleeping, he took one of his ribs and then closed up the flesh over its place. 22 And Jehovah God proceeded to build the rib that he had taken from the man into a woman and to bring her to the man.




Let me put this into human terms for you. I poured 3 cups of juice, one red, one blue, and one green and put them in the fridge. After I poured the 3 cups of juice my daughter walks in the house. The juice that I poured does not have a name. Rather than grabbing the 3 cups that I already pored I decide to pour 3 new cups of juice. Then I give the second 3 cups of juice to my daughter to name.

Because I gave my daughter 3 new cups of juice to name, each being identical to the ones in the fridge, does not change the fact that I made the juice before she came home.

God did create all the animals first, like he said in the creation account. The second account is the account of man. God the creator of everything certainly had the right to not grab the animals that had already been created and simply recreate all the ones he had already made giving them to Adam to name. He did not change his story he simply decided to pour Adam new cups of juice to name leaving the other cups in the fridge.
edit on 8-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Guess some people in this thread don't know what circular logic is





posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 


All of these laws came from God. I think what you fail to understand is both the glory and burden of being God’s chosen people. They were given the guarantee of Heaven. If anyone who has been given the gift of heaven knows the punishment for crime is death and commits the crime anyway, they are spiritually dead.

God is not concerned with your physical body. And Akragon I know that you know this is true. Why are you so concerned about what God thinks should be done to someone's physical body when they are spiritually dead.

Look at the crimes punishable by death. Are you telling me that if God came to you and said “Akragon I am your God, here are a few things that I command you not do so that I promise you heaven” Wouldn’t you have to be a complete idiot to break one of the rules? It is not like these rules were hard to follow. In fact most of us follow these laws today.

Don’t you listen to your high priest; if you don’t are you not spiritually dead?

Anyone who practices magic and is looking for power that does not belong to them, aren’t they spiritually dead?

Have you seen the children of today who are disobedient to their parents? Do they not appear spiritually dead?

I will not go into detail about homosexually other than to say the natural law is man and woman.

If someone sleeps with another man’s wife he has done something detestable, he has become spiritually dead.

2nd Chronicles is talking about how they were to treat other Israelites that did not seek God. They were never told to kill Gentiles for not seeking God.

If a man teaches something that is obviously contrary to God, are they not spiritually dead. Look at all those who claim to know something, who spread judgment and hate.

The covenant is changed; there is no longer this separation, this chosen people. Therefore we are allowed to both die spiritually and be forgiven.

I don’t claim to know everything, but I do not spread something contrary to what is in the bible. I am always open to others views and willing to accept them as possibilities if they do not contradict the Bible. But the bible is infallible.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 

They were given the guarantee of Heaven.

Who and what are you even talking about and to what are you responding to in this post?
The Old Testament makes no promises about heaven.
It is the story of people who want to kill other people and take their stuff and are no different than any other barbaric nation in antiquity and God gave them nothing except an active imagination to make a synthesis out of the religions of all their neighbors and call it their god.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25
Don’t you listen to your high priest; if you don’t are you not spiritually dead?


I AM my high priest, and others are theirs. If they are not, then THEY are spiritually dead.


Originally posted by sacgamer25
Anyone who practices magic and is looking for power that does not belong to them, aren’t they spiritually dead?


God works HIS magic through me.


Originally posted by sacgamer25
Have you seen the children of today who are disobedient to their parents? Do they not appear spiritually dead?


Have you seen the parents who are disobedient to God? They have sold their own children into slavery.


Originally posted by sacgamer25
I will not go into detail about homosexually other than to say the natural law is man and woman.


As revealed to you. Do you know what God reveals to all his children? Do you know where I come from or where I go?


Originally posted by sacgamer25
If someone sleeps with another man’s wife he has done something detestable, he has become spiritually dead.


A man should not look at his wife as a piece of property which he owns. Then she will not cheat on him.



Originally posted by sacgamer25
If a man teaches something that is obviously contrary to God, are they not spiritually dead. Look at all those who claim to know something, who spread judgment and hate.


See above.


Originally posted by sacgamer25
The covenant is changed; there is no longer this separation, this chosen people. Therefore we are allowed to both die spiritually and be forgiven.


If their are no chosen people, then why this?


Originally posted by sacgamer25
if they do not contradict the Bible. But the bible is infallible.


So only those who believe the bible are worthy of consideration?

That makes your argument that their are no chosen people, well, fallible.

Which is it?

With Love,

Your Brother
edit on 8-1-2012 by IAMIAM because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


The bible teaches that anyone who lives in love has Christ in them. It is not something anyone has to say or do it is simply the truth. No seperation. But you seem to have made yourself God. Good luck with that.



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by sacgamer25
 

They were given the guarantee of Heaven.

Who and what are you even talking about and to what are you responding to in this post?
The Old Testament makes no promises about heaven.
It is the story of people who want to kill other people and take their stuff and are no different than any other barbaric nation in antiquity and God gave them nothing except an active imagination to make a synthesis out of the religions of all their neighbors and call it their god.


So if Canadians start sacrificing their children in burning fire, you are ok with that? What if they start crossing the border because they are running out of virgin's to sacrifice so they start taking American kids? This God they worship is a giant statue of a horse that they built with the hands. What about if they have this church where men and women were go to sleep with the prostitutes, because they worship sex.

If this was happening in Canada today and every American became aware of this would we not have a humane duty to stop this from happening? The people that Israel killed and took land from were doing these things. If God thought it best that these people be eliminated to ensure these practices would not continue than I will have to agree with God. I am glad that these practiced were stopped by whatever means God deamed necessary.

We even have evidence that supports that they indeed were sacrificing humans.
www.bbc.co.uk...



posted on Jan, 8 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 



I don’t claim to know everything, but I do not spread something contrary to what is in the bible. I am always open to others views and willing to accept them as possibilities if they do not contradict the Bible. But the bible is infallible.


I believe just about everything you just said was not in the bible...

Please show me where Jesus said this person and that person is "spiritually dead"?

You pass much judgement my friend... but that is your choice.

feel free to believe the bible is infallible as well... clearly you also choose not to review this thread so i'll leave it at that.




posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25
 

We even have evidence that supports that they indeed were sacrificing humans.

The more indisputable evidence points to the Israelites as being the practitioners of human sacrifice.
2 Kings 23:10
The king ruined Topheth in the Valley of Ben Hinnom so that no one could pass his son or his daughter through the fire to Molech.

This was done by the Josiah, King of Judah, within his own kingdom and is referring to a practice of the Judahites.

The Israelites killing the Canaanites did not eliminate these practices because they were adopted by the Israelites themselves and perpetuated.
edit on 9-1-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 9 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by Iason321
Really now why do people even make threads like this here? What's the point?!


read the thread... you may figure it out...

God sakes why resurect the dead bro...

:bnghd:


Someday, God willing we will debate the infallibility of the bible and the word will win. Until then I will let you have your way.
It does however point out the fallibility of man, and it is for this reason that you have rejected the infallibility of the bible.

I don’t think I have confused Akragon on this one and if I have
I win this round of word play.
edit on 8-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)


Im afraid that day will never come my friend... though if you choose to defend the infallibility of the bible, this is the place to do it... but like i said, if you review this thread you might think twice...

And im sure my JW friend here will help you along the way... myself, i tire of this thread and didn't expect it to reappear... that happens after 40 some odd pages of debate

edit on 8-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)


(Jeremiah 12:5) "Because with footmen you have run, and they would tire you out, how, then, can you run a race with horses?"



posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon
 



Ephesians 2:1-10
And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked, following the course of this world, following the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that is now at work in the sons of disobedience— among whom we all once lived in the passions of our flesh, carrying out the desires of the body and the mind, and were by nature children of wrath, like the rest of mankind. But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made us alive together with Christ—by grace you have been saved— ...

Romans 6:23
For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Colossians 2:11-13
In him also you were circumcised with a circumcision made without hands, by putting off the body of the flesh, by the circumcision of Christ, having been buried with him in baptism, in which you were also raised with him through faith in the powerful working of God, who raised him from the dead. And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses,

2 Corinthians 5:17
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.

John 3:1-8
Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a ruler of the Jews. This man came to Jesus by night and said to him, “Rabbi, we know that you are a teacher come from God, for no one can do these signs that you do unless God is with him.” Jesus answered him, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born again he cannot see the kingdom of God.” Nicodemus said to him, “How can a man be born when he is old? Can he enter a second time into his mother's womb and be born?” Jesus answered, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God. ...


It clearly says in the New Testament that we are considered us dead in our sin. Since this is not a physical death it must be spiritual. So in the Old Testament the wage of sin against the law was both spiritual and physical. In the New Testament Christ has taught the way how someone who is dead to sin because they have broken the law may be reborn in Christ. If Christ did not believe that somehow we were dead in our flesh why would we need to be reborn in the spirit?



The Rich Man and Lazarus – Luke 16:19-31
19 “There was a rich man who was dressed in purple and fine linen and lived in luxury every day. 20 At his gate was laid a beggar named Lazarus, covered with sores 21 and longing to eat what fell from the rich man’s table. Even the dogs came and licked his sores. 22 “The time came when the beggar died and the angels carried him to Abraham’s side. The rich man also died and was buried. 23 In Hades, where he was in torment, he looked up and saw Abraham far away, with Lazarus by his side. 24 So he called to him, ‘Father Abraham, have pity on me and send Lazarus to dip the tip of his finger in water and cool my tongue, because I am in agony in this fire.’25 “But Abraham replied, ‘Son, remember that in your lifetime you received your good things, while Lazarus received bad things, but now he is comforted here and you are in agony. 26 And besides all this, between us and you a great chasm has been set in place, so that those who want to go from here to you cannot, nor can anyone cross over from there to us.’27 “He answered, ‘Then I beg you, father, send Lazarus to my family, 28 for I have five brothers. Let him warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment.’29 “Abraham replied, ‘They have Moses and the Prophets; let them listen to them.’ 30 “‘No, father Abraham,’ he said, ‘but if someone from the dead goes to them, they will repent.’ 31 “He said to him, ‘If they do not listen to Moses and the Prophets, they will not be convinced even if someone rises from the dead.’”


Why would Jesus tell this parable if he was not recognizing the covenant between God and Abraham, that was also delivered to Moses? Other than the Old Testament what could he have been referring too? It appears to me the Jesus thinks that the people he talked to should have been following in the footsteps of Abraham and Moses. And because they didn’t his death and resurrection wasn’t going to change their heart either.



posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM
 


Well actually there is a chosen people. All who live by the law of love. Anyone who lives by the law of love proves that Christ is in them and that they are in Christ. Anyone who does not live by this law proves that they are not in Christ. This is the message in the bible. It would be best for everyone to read this message but it is the law of love that proves that Christ is in you. Reading the bible and believing what it says does not prove that Christ is in you.

Even the demons and Satan believe the word of God is true. They even believe that Jesus is the son of God. So if it was mearly the belief that the bible was true that grants one a free pass to heaven, even the demons and Satan will be going to heaven.

So it is those who live by the law of love and do the will of the father, that will be in heaven and they are my brothers, no matter what book they choose to read. Of course they would all be better off if they read the bible because then they would be better equipped to take the narrow path. If it was not for the way the church has taught the message of judgment that leads to hate and separation people would be able to accept the true message in the bible.



posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

I didn't say he didn't have a divine quality, i do agree he was the son of God....why? Because he said he was the son of God.... but not "the" God.

edit on 8-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)




John 1:1-14
1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 He was with God in the beginning. 3 Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. 4 In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. 5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it. 6 There was a man sent from God whose name was John. 7 He came as a witness to testify concerning that light, so that through him all might believe. 8 He himself was not the light; he came only as a witness to the light. 9 The true light that gives light to everyone was coming into the world. 10 He was in the world, and though the world was made through him, the world did not recognize him. 11 He came to that which was his own, but his own did not receive him. 12 Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God— 13 children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God. 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of the one and only Son, who came from the Father, full of grace and truth.


Akragon, I would like you to interpret the scripture from John above for me. This is what I read.

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 14 The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us.

If the Word was God and the Word became flesh, what was Jesus? Give me your interpretation so that I can see how you read this without believing that God came in the flesh.

Like I have said to you before, I believe that it matters little to interpretation which way one believes. Since at minimum Christ does claim to be the Judge of all men and because of this he considered himself as somewhat equal in authority to God in all things pertaining to creation.
edit on 10-1-2012 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

Originally posted by jmdewey60
reply to post by Akragon
 
You might want to start a thread on that, Why you think Paul is a liar. I am reading four different books on Paul right now so I might want to make some comments. One way to deal with why you don't like Paul is to set aside the forged books pretending to be by him, and set aside everything about him in Acts as being a way to diminish him in the eyes of Christians, to get them to think that he actually did submit to an ecclesiastical hierarchy.

edit on 17-10-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)


I have a thread on it actually, though it didn't turn out how i wanted it to...

Paul...

Would Philippians be one of said forged books?





You have not understood the message from Paul. There is a reason for this but you will refuse to believe me and think that I am crazy.



posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by edmc^2
 


My mistake.... heres what it says...

1 Timothy 2

9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Sounds very extremist muslim doesn't it....

No jewelery, no nice clothing.... women must be silent and obey their man. They can't teach.... Man always comes before women, not equal as Jesus clearly stated...

Come on man, wake up a little please....

edit on 8-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)


Man is expected to treat his wife the way Christ treated the church. Man is expected to be the head of his household knowledgeable in all things, a true leader. If a man serves his wife by putting her first making her more valuable than his own life then it is not hard to believe that the wife would submit to her servant husband.

The woman is expected to dress modestly and cover her head while at church. If the man is doing his job then the woman should not have a question to ask that her husband cannot answer. Men are the teachers because of our natural roles. Men by nature are logical and not easily swayed by emotion. Women are more emotional thus more inclined to believe fine sounding arguments that appeal to their emotions. Men love the emotion of their wives and women love the logical leadership of the husband. These are natural roles.

A loving husband who serves his wife and leads his family should desire to provide everything for his family, including spiritual leadership. A loving wife should respect that her husband serves her in everything he does and is striving to be the leader. In this way she is served by her husband and supports him as the leader.

The problem lies first with the man. Because man falls short on their role woman also falls short. Don’t you see God is trying to help us not be Adam and Eve. Adam was with Eve and instead of standing up to Satan he allowed the deception to happen. If he would have been the type of leader men are being asked he would have protected his wife from temptation.

The church in the bible is a call to be different than the Pagan practices. True loving relationships where both partners have responsibilities as man and woman. These responsibilities complement each other and build up the church. Men and women have natural roles, understanding this we can say that we have natural roles in marriage and natural roles in church.



posted on Jan, 11 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by sacgamer25

Originally posted by Akragon
reply to post by edmc^2
 


My mistake.... heres what it says...

1 Timothy 2

9In like manner also, that women adorn themselves in modest apparel, with shamefacedness and sobriety; not with broided hair, or gold, or pearls, or costly array;

10But (which becometh women professing godliness) with good works.

11Let the woman learn in silence with all subjection.

12But I suffer not a woman to teach, nor to usurp authority over the man, but to be in silence.

13For Adam was first formed, then Eve.

14And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.

15Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing, if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety.

Sounds very extremist muslim doesn't it....

No jewelery, no nice clothing.... women must be silent and obey their man. They can't teach.... Man always comes before women, not equal as Jesus clearly stated...

Come on man, wake up a little please....

edit on 8-8-2011 by Akragon because: (no reason given)


Man is expected to treat his wife the way Christ treated the church. Man is expected to be the head of his household knowledgeable in all things, a true leader. If a man serves his wife by putting her first making her more valuable than his own life then it is not hard to believe that the wife would submit to her servant husband.

The woman is expected to dress modestly and cover her head while at church. If the man is doing his job then the woman should not have a question to ask that her husband cannot answer. Men are the teachers because of our natural roles. Men by nature are logical and not easily swayed by emotion. Women are more emotional thus more inclined to believe fine sounding arguments that appeal to their emotions. Men love the emotion of their wives and women love the logical leadership of the husband. These are natural roles.

A loving husband who serves his wife and leads his family should desire to provide everything for his family, including spiritual leadership. A loving wife should respect that her husband serves her in everything he does and is striving to be the leader. In this way she is served by her husband and supports him as the leader.

The problem lies first with the man. Because man falls short on their role woman also falls short. Don’t you see God is trying to help us not be Adam and Eve. Adam was with Eve and instead of standing up to Satan he allowed the deception to happen. If he would have been the type of leader men are being asked he would have protected his wife from temptation.

The church in the bible is a call to be different than the Pagan practices. True loving relationships where both partners have responsibilities as man and woman. These responsibilities complement each other and build up the church. Men and women have natural roles, understanding this we can say that we have natural roles in marriage and natural roles in church.


Nicely put sacgamer25.




posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by edmc^2
 


Those aren't gods words though... Josh, tim and bob or whoever said that god said them...

This is your proof that the bible is the real thing.. a verse in the book its self that can't actual;ly be phisically verivied..?

OMG Science has so much mor to offer in the way of proof, they do experiments, they observe and discover and record and veryfy through peer reviews and re-poductive experimentation..

Even Carbon dating (though not exact), has been repeated often enough to make it acceptable...

All the Creationists have is a line in their good book and "there you go, there's our proof", "It says so here in our book and therefore it is true".... LOL



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griffo
edit on Mon Jul 18 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--


OMG this makes so much sense; I can finally be saved. Thank you for posting the one true way of the napkin; now how can we go about spreading our religion... I know; through threats of eternal torture and refusal to listen to logic.

if all else fails; we can just call other religions sinners though right? and make claims about how this napkin is Infallible!

and it is Infallible because it says so right on the napkin



posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
do you people even understand how stupid you sound quoting 2000 year old scriptures so completely irrelevent to all things good in life?

like WTF, you guys piss me off.





new topics
top topics
 
14
<< 46  47  48    50 >>

log in

join