Herman Cain: Communities have right to ban mosques

page: 4
29
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frontkjemper

Originally posted by iamnang
...it is because people are ill educated on the religion and go by the image the media has created for muslims...


Right... Because people don't like Islam for what it is, violent and forces their will upon everyone, they must be ignorant and rely on the media to tell them what they think.
Ever stop to think, that maybe, just maybe people don't like Islam out of personal experiences? I've lived in Germany, Norway and Sweden (amongst others) and can tell you that people are getting FED UP with Islam. And the media/government here tries their hardest to paint Muslims in the best possible light!

The truth will come out, deny ignorance.


The only Muslims I have ever seen that even remotely resemble the horrible violent warmongers some of you paint is in the media. But my personal experience seems to not count because I cannot back it up with youtube clips.




posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Frontkjemper
 


Islam really isn't a religion based on violence and forcing its will on people, you have a small minority of extremists in EVERY religion! Kinda ignorant to say people don't like a religion out of personal experiences, I've had bad experiences with Albanians, Somalians and other kinds, you know why I don't go saying I don't like them? Because I'm not stupid enough to think they're all the same.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani
 


I can recall sheep trying to force me into their gas chambers (churches, duh!) more than once.

It's never going to work and the next person to preach to me is gonna go to the E.R.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kitilani
 


So why shouldn't this freedom be extended to a Town/City if the Town/City citizens wish it so?

IE Not to see or hear about any Religion?



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
Doesn't your Constitution that protects your right on Free Religion, also protect those who wish to be Free FROM Religion?

If that was true, then door-knocking by Mormons, J. witness's
would've become illegal long ago.


Originally posted by Sovaka
Mecca, they ban any non-Muslims from entering their city.
Why should they have the right to ban a certain people from their cities, yet not allow anyone else banning them from their city?

Mecca is the Muslim's version of Vatican-city, I somehow doubt that
the pope would allow atheists to proselytize in their city.
So why are you not having an issue with the pope then ?


Originally posted by Sovaka
the average American is either Catholic or Christian.


How many americans even keep sabbath ? . . . Lol, the majority
of americans are glued to either porn, drugs, gambling, same sex marriage,
abortions, death-penalty, arms-trade, invasions/war ; . . in general,
there is absolutely NOTHING Christian about the americas.
So, all in all, lets at least stand up for the constitution and stop all
this unless ignorant bickering.


edit on 18/7/11 by ToneDeaf because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I´d have to say I agree with the notion that communities should have the right to ban mosques, or at least deal with each case individually by a community vote. Why should something that no-one wants be forced upon them?



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by Kitilani
 


I can recall sheep trying to force me into their gas chambers (churches, duh!) more than once.

It's never going to work and the next person to preach to me is gonna go to the E.R.


Yeah but none of those people represent the government. I had a Muslim friend try to get me to come to some of his gatherings, because he thought I needed religion. Still a good friend and so far he and his wife and their three kids have not attacked me or anything. It has been like 15 years now. I do not know what the hold up is. No one tried to cut off my clitoris yet either.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by Kitilani
 


So why shouldn't this freedom be extended to a Town/City if the Town/City citizens wish it so?

IE Not to see or hear about any Religion?


What freedom is that exactly? The freedom to build a building on land you purchased or the freedom to stop someone else from doing the same?

No one says you have to go in any mosque and if a community does not warrant one, none will be built. They are buildings, not factories.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by DeepThoughtCriminal
 


You obviously aren't an American.

But hey, you can stay in Kangaroo-Land and make all the #ty laws you wish.

We don't need to resort to this thinly-veiled form of fascism.
edit on 18-7-2011 by The Sword because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka
 


where are the atheists when you need them?




or are the protesters atheist?



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
What freedom is that exactly? The freedom to build a building on land you purchased or the freedom to stop someone else from doing the same?

No one says you have to go in any mosque and if a community does not warrant one, none will be built. They are buildings, not factories.


You must have missed my entire post. I can't really see how considering you quoted it.

The Freedom to live in a town that wishes NO RELIGIOUS influence.
IE Banning the erection of any Religious buildings or the admittance of any Religious person.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
I wonder how he'd feel if communities had rights to ban any black pride rallies or ban any all black churches.

This guy is a complete jackass. Thankfully, America is more common sense (surprisingly) than to ever elect someone as moronic and bigoted as Cain.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal
 


So it took 4 pages before someone brought up the Race card.

This has nothing to do with Race... Go away.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by poet1b
 


Judaism is also very much a set of laws.

It quite based around that set of laws.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka
 


As much as you'd like to believe that..

I find that it seems racism and anti-Islamicism seem to go hand in hand most of the time.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
reply to post by SeventhSeal
 


So it took 4 pages before someone brought up the Race card.

This has nothing to do with Race... Go away.


You keep saying all Muslims are from Mecca or some nonsense like that comparing what people in Mecca do should be compared to Muslims in the US so the race card is not really that far off.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka
You must have missed my entire post. I can't really see how considering you quoted it.


You must have missed my question to you at the end of it.


The Freedom to live in a town that wishes NO RELIGIOUS influence.
IE Banning the erection of any Religious buildings or the admittance of any Religious person.


If no one in a town wants a mosque, no one is going to build one. Mosques are not spontaneously springing up or being placed by the government. They are built because someone in the community wants one.

Your imaginary community can do whatever it wants when they all agree that is what they want. You let me know when you find that place.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
You keep saying all Muslims are from Mecca or some nonsense like that comparing what people in Mecca do should be compared to Muslims in the US so the race card is not really that far off.


Wow, you are just a troll.

I NEVER said ALL Muslims are from Mecca. And I DIDN'T compare what "People In Mecca do"
I stated that I broadly generalized Muslims in my post as being Islamic, but also stated in the same stroke that there are many more religions the Muslims have available to them, than just Islam.
I stated that 'Mecca' banned Non-Muslims from Mecca. So in that statement, it would be of the controlling Government of Mecca that has banned Non-Muslims from Mecca.

Go back and reread my posts.



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
If no one in a town wants a mosque, no one is going to build one. Mosques are not spontaneously springing up or being placed by the government. They are built because someone in the community wants one.

Your imaginary community can do whatever it wants when they all agree that is what they want. You let me know when you find that place.


So you are agreeing with me that if a Community doesn't want Religion, then they should be able to ban it?



posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Terrible thing to consider, that we must ban a religion, but the reality can't be dismissed that religion is being used to engage in conquest.

Do we allow our belief in freedom of religion be allowed to create a wedge that might destroy all that we believe in?






top topics



 
29
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

log in

join