learn more

Herman Cain: Communities have right to ban mosques

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

agreed in canada here where i am there so many mosques that alot of euporeans are leaving the city because of it its scary when you look it at and what they are trying to do with the mosques.

Well don't leave us hanging. What are they doing with the mosques? Molesting little boys? Oh, no, that's the Catholics. Burning Witches? No, that's the Christians.

Well, what are they doing with the Mosques?

Now in toronto they are already building the biggest mosque and the alot of Muslims aren't following the modern but are staying in there traditions which is alot scary.

That sure sounds alot scary. Much alot veryscaries.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

Islam isn't a religion, it is an invading force masquerading as a religion.

Islam predates your American culture by thousands of years. To pretend all of Islam is nothing but a facade of anti-american activities sounds a lot like Red baiting.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b
Cain's got a point, Islam isn't just a religion, it also consists of required law and seeks to establish a state within a state, and this shouldn't be allowed. It is about time someone came out and said the obvious.

Our laws state that their should be a separation between church and state, but Islam is a religion that refuses to separate church and state, so it essentially exists to override our own laws, and the principles our nation was founded on.

May I ask where you and Cain studied Islam to come to this conclusion?
Meanwhile I will be over here reading how many GOP candidates are running because Jesus told them to.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
I guess Mr. Cain doesnt have any actually substantive ideas of governance to offer, so he just falls on the ol 'demonize an other and cater the masses fears and ignorance' card.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

first off dont try with the insulting

Well don't leave us hanging. What are they doing with the mosques? Molesting little boys? Oh, no, that's the Catholics. Burning Witches? No, that's the Christians.

What they are doing with the mosques? how about the word conquering through the means of religion

Molesting little boys?

And you think They dont do that at the mosques?

No, that's the Christians.

oh my looks like you still believe Islam is a peaceful religion eh? thats very typical thats quite a shallow statement what you said about the Christians, your still talking about what happened in the past, i have a word for you get it over it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Excuse me?

Islam predates your American culture by thousands of years. To pretend all of Islam is nothing but a facade of anti-american activities sounds a lot like Red baiting.

poet1b is right on the money.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

oh my looks like you still believe Islam is a peaceful religion eh? thats very typical thats quite a shallow statement what you said about the Christians, your still talking about what happened in the past, i have a word for you get it over it.

Where did I say anything about Islam being "peaceful". That is what edumacted peepulz would define as a straw man.

I merely mentioned that claiming that Islam is nothing other than a covert attempt to invade N. American culture is to ignore that Islam PREDATES N. American culture (the dominant one) by thousands of years .

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

What they are doing with the mosques? how about the word conquering through the means of religion

Specificity would be awesome right about here.

And you think They dont do that at the mosques?

Got any hot cases to mention?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Catering to the base I suppose. I find such ignorance repulsive . Lets just ban any culture, race, or religion we are uneducated about. Come on.

It is not like a mosque in your town will suddenly replace all institutions of government with a caliphate. That is a crazy leap in logic.

All I can see from much of this thread is ignorance, and hatred from people who have most likely never spoken to a Muslim in their life.

The idea that the Muslim religion is somehow dangerous because of political influences oozes of hypocrisy. Ronald Reagan made a pact with the evangelicals. Since then the right has had support from Christians of all stripes in return for fighting gay rights and abortion. In return the "Christian" values about turning the other cheek, and little things like thou shalt not murder are ignored. The military imperial apparatus has an army of christian folk willing to ignore the teachings of Jesus as long as their preacher's political aims are pursued.

Edit: Did not mean to come off so harsh. It just rubs me the wrong way that people automatically fear and hate without ever looking in the mirror.

edit on 17-7-2011 by stephinrazin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
In defense of my previous post...

There wasn't any anti Muslim sentiment at all...

I was basically stating that it's a joke that some people don't think others have a right to ban a religion.
Which is completely false.

If you don't want a certain religion in your city, then that is fine... But that needs to be established BEFORE you allow that religion in.

As I quoted from the Wiki page on Mecca, they ban any non-Muslims from entering their city.
Why should they have the right to ban a certain people from their cities, yet not allow anyone else banning them from their city?

In all things equal was the point of my post.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

As I quoted from the Wiki page on Mecca, they ban any non-Muslims from entering their city.
Why should they have the right to ban a certain people from their cities, yet not allow anyone else banning them from their city?

I'm not sure of comparing the Constitution in the United States to whatever rule of law is applicable in Mecca is a reasonable comparison. This is a US politician talking banning a religion in the United States. How things are done or not done in Mecca is not applicable.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
All religions are political terrorist cults.
They should be treated as such.
There is nothing spiritual about religions.
They are pagan beliefs and pagan rituals.

No one should be allowed to live under such tyranny.
Sharia is grotesque. It is a subjugation of mind and body.
It is the NWO order Arab style.
They are destroying Europe right now.
The US is next.
edit on 17-7-2011 by RRokkyy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   

You are saying that the US should conform to the religious intolerance of Mecca? Should the US strive to be like the worst?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Hmmm....Who's side do I take?

Who has the better team? The christian's or the muslim's?

Hmmm......I think I will stay out of the same old team sports arguments....everybody eats it up though..
edit on 17-7-2011 by liejunkie01 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

The comparison is that people are ripping on this guy for wanting to do something seemingly unconstitutional.
And then having a go at people who say otherwise.

Muslims shouldn't be surprised by this move... Nor should Americans.
Just because America was founded on different principles, doesn't mean they have different points of views.

I support anyone who wants to live a certain lifestyle and not have anything they don't like impede on that.
But as I also stated, this will be an issue, because the ban wasn't established before that religion had come into the city.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

You seem to think that there is a difference between Muslims and Americans. Can you expand on that? Is there a difference between Catholics and Irish people?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani

You are saying that the US should conform to the religious intolerance of Mecca? Should the US strive to be like the worst?

If that is the will of the people... Then that is the will of the people, and the people should get what they want.

WTH says Muslims are the worst?! I have found most of the times that Christians are worse than Muslims.
I find it a lot more pleasant to talk to Muslims than Christians as they don't try and force their religion on me.
Plus I don't have them knocking on my door every other weekend asking if I have heard of Muhammad.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Sovaka

You seem to think that there is a difference between Muslims and Americans. Can you expand on that? Is there a difference between Catholics and Irish people?

Yes, despite my broad generalization of the many encompassing religions that Muslims have available to them, is that the average American is either Catholic or Christian.

But mostly it still comes to individual points of view.
Not everyone will see eye to eye. You can't expect them to either.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   

If that is the will of the people... Then that is the will of the people, and the people should get what they want.

Herman Caine is not the people and if the will of the people is to toss out the constitution in the name of it then we have bigger problems.

WTH says Muslims are the worst?! I have found most of the times that Christians are worse than Muslims.
I find it a lot more pleasant to talk to Muslims than Christians as they don't try and force their religion on me.
Plus I don't have them knocking on my door every other weekend asking if I have heard of Muhammad.

I did not say Muslims are the worst. This is why some people need to understand the difference between a religion and specific community populated by that religion. You want us to lower our religious tolerance to mirror Mecca. How about our environmental standards to mirror China? Maybe our nuclear regulations should match those of Japan? I was asking how many other things worse than what we do that other people do do, should we do, just because they do. Get it?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Your understanding of the American political system is severely flawed.There are numerous constraints on the will of the majority, otherwise we would ave mob rule.

Are you an American?
edit on 17-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join