It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain: Communities have right to ban mosques

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sovaka

Yes, despite my broad generalization of the many encompassing religions that Muslims have available to them, is that the average American is either Catholic or Christian.

Really? Have you checked? I know a lot of "Christians" who have not seen a bible or a church in decades. I would like to see your numbers.

But mostly it still comes to individual points of view.
Not everyone will see eye to eye. You can't expect them to either.

I would not. I understand that Mecca does not equal all Muslims and all Muslims are not different than Americans. There is a lot of spillover.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
This really illustrates how the GOP candidates so far arent even serious. This kind of crap plays well to the Christian fundamentalist social conservative base that has carried the GOP through most elections since the 80's, but it actually isolates them from the average American who see this as nothing more than immigrant bashing and fear mongering. This stuff will accomplish two goals-it will ensure they DONT win in 2012, and that they continue to keep their base properly corralled in their corner.

Just one more example of the tactics the GOP will be using in this election cycle to further polarize the electorate and set the stage for a brutal culture war around the 1016 elections. Stay tuned.
edit on 17-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kitilani
I did not say Muslims are the worst. This is why some people need to understand the difference between a religion and specific community populated by that religion. You want us to lower our religious tolerance to mirror Mecca. How about our environmental standards to mirror China? Maybe our nuclear regulations should match those of Japan? I was asking how many other things worse than what we do that other people do do, should we do, just because they do. Get it?

No, I didn't say I wanted everyone to. I said those that do want to, should be allowed to.

And regards to your Nuclear regulations... Maybe you should do some research on the differences of your Nuclear power plants to those of Japan? You will be enlightened.

And in the reference that you were trying to make it out as me saying "Do as they do".
I stated that there shouldn't be any complaints of conflict due to the other already having a similar setup already established.
As a community, when a community establishes a rule like Religion, you can't complain when your own Religion has already has that same rule against another.

It all comes to equality and how someone wishes to live their life.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by poet1b

Can I say that anyone that doesn't side with Cain is a racist?

Islam is a political movement disguised as a religion. It is a political ideology that is the antithesis of everything that the Constitution stands for.
While we don't ban communist party headquarters in Chicago, we should marginalize them and not let political correctness blind us to their true intent.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

So you feel comfortable with the political precedent this would set in terms of the Constitution to allow people to ban certain churches from their region?

Or is your ire specifically aimed at Islam, and not religion in General?

How do you come to terms with being a staunch Constitutionalists while supporting mob rule?

Also, you are the only person thus far to play the race card. But nice try

edit on 17-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by beezzer

o you feel comfortable with the political precedent this would set in terms of the Constitution to allow people to ban certain churches from their region?

Or is your ire specifically aimed at Islam, and not religion in General?

How do you come to terms with being a staunch Constitutionalists while supporting mob rule?

I didn't say where should ban them, scooter. I said we should marginalize them. I even used the communist party as an example.

Knee-jerk much?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by poet1b

Can I say that anyone that doesn't side with Cain is a racist?

Islam is a political movement disguised as a religion.

So is Christianity.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

I didn't say where should ban them, scooter. I said we should marginalize them. I even used the communist party as an example.

Knee-jerk much?

I'm sorry. I was assuming you had actually read the article and were commenting on the intentions and beliefs of Mr. Cain, which is what I was asking you about.

I take it from your reply that you DONT agree with MR. Cain's assertions then, in terms of Constitutionality?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Isn't it as much protected by your Constitution to allow those in Towns/Cities to ban these?
Isn't the FREEDOM from Religion protected by the very same Constitution?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

Knee-jerk much?

I'm sorry. I was assuming you had actually read the article and were commenting on the intentions and beliefs of Mr. Cain, which is what I was asking you about.

I take it from your reply that you DONT agree with MR. Cain's assertions then, in terms of Constitutionality?

Actually, I don't agree with Cain. (don't fall off your chair)
As for the race card, I couldn't resist the irony.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

No, I didn't say I wanted everyone to. I said those that do want to, should be allowed to.

Who would be who in this instance?

And regards to your Nuclear regulations... Maybe you should do some research on the differences of your Nuclear power plants to those of Japan? You will be enlightened.

I know I am not worried about the ring of fire or Tsunami warnings with any plants near me. I think you get my point.

And in the reference that you were trying to make it out as me saying "Do as they do".
I stated that there shouldn't be any complaints of conflict due to the other already having a similar setup already established.
As a community, when a community establishes a rule like Religion, you can't complain when your own Religion has already has that same rule against another.

No. That makes no sense. Just because Mecca does something does not mean some Muslim born in Chicago should expect to be discriminated against in the US.

It all comes to equality and how someone wishes to live their life.

Apparently it all comes from you believing all Muslims are in charge of who can build a church in some other place that is not the US.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   

I keep asking where so many of you non-Muslims on ATS gain your amazing expertise into what it is and what it means. Why won't any of you answer? I want to know where you learn about it from so I can so wise too.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I keep asking where so many of you non-Muslims on ATS gain your amazing expertise into what it is and what it means. Why won't any of you answer? I want to know where you learn about it from so I can so wise too.

Try visiting a country that is Islamic. Then we can compare notes.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
*sigh*

If that place wishes no other Religious buildings to be erected, then it is their right to assert it.
Just because you believe in Jesus, does not give you a right to erect a Church in anothers territory.
And just because you are Islamic, doesn't give you the right to build a Mosque in anothers territory.

Based on that Territory saying so.

However, if that Territory doesn't care and allows it, then yes, if you have the ability and funds, then yes, build your Church/Mosque.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Try visiting a country that is Islamic. Then we can compare notes.

I am well aware that in different countries, there are different rules, laws, cultures, etc. I asked specifically where you learned so much about a religion. I guess your answer is nowhere?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Sovaka

If Herman Cain wants to ban a religion, then he should run on his dislike for the constitution or he should go be president in a country that does not pride itself on it being founded in religious freedom. Just saying.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Sovaka

If Herman Cain wants to ban a religion, then he should run on his dislike for the constitution or he should go be president in a country that does not pride itself on it being founded in religious freedom. Just saying.

And that was my point tho...
Doesn't your Constitution that protects your right on Free Religion, also protect those who wish to be Free FROM Religion?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamnang
...it is because people are ill educated on the religion and go by the image the media has created for muslims...

Right... Because people don't like Islam for what it is, violent and forces their will upon everyone, they must be ignorant and rely on the media to tell them what they think.
Ever stop to think, that maybe, just maybe people don't like Islam out of personal experiences? I've lived in Germany, Norway and Sweden (amongst others) and can tell you that people are getting FED UP with Islam. And the media/government here tries their hardest to paint Muslims in the best possible light!

The truth will come out, deny ignorance.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
By Cain's logic, why can't we ban churches and synanogues too?

Wow, what a tolerant country we live in though when a moron like Cain thinks that the people have a right to obstruct freedom of religion. /sarcasm

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

And that was my point tho...
Doesn't your Constitution that protects your right on Free Religion, also protect those who wish to be Free FROM Religion?

No one has ever forced me into a Church, Mosque, or Synagogue so apparently and it seems to work just fine. There are religious building all over and none of them have forced me inside.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join