It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outrage and/or attention on ATS on Murdoch's (owner of Fox News) phone hacking scandal

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Maybe this is why we are not hearing more. Where would we hear it from? News, right? What happened when some journalists exposed Monsanto's chemicals, rejected by Canada for medical reasons, in Florida school milk supplies? Note that one of these reporters had a child in the local school, drinking this milk, with the children of friends and neighbors, of course. So there were a number of compelling reasons to publish this shocking story, and set this right. Every real journalist dreams of something like this, the opportunity to correct a wrong with the act of telling the truth. It is worth allowing yourself little to no personal bias so you can remain "clean" for these types of stories. They are gamechangers.

Of course, Fox ruined their jobs, and lives. So where, exactly, would we hear news of outrage, here in the states?

We need Britain to do this for us, and for everyone around the world misled by Western media.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
Maybe this is why we are not hearing more. Where would we hear it from? News, right? What happened when some journalists exposed Monsanto's chemicals, rejected by Canada for medical reasons, in Florida school milk supplies? Note that one of these reporters had a child in the local school, drinking this milk, with the children of friends and neighbors, of course. So there were a number of compelling reasons to publish this shocking story, and set this right. Every real journalist dreams of something like this, the opportunity to correct a wrong with the act of telling the truth. It is worth allowing yourself little to no personal bias so you can remain "clean" for these types of stories. They are gamechangers.

Of course, Fox ruined their jobs, and lives. So where, exactly, would we hear news of outrage, here in the states?

We need Britain to do this for us, and for everyone around the world misled by Western media.

www.youtube.com...

Go and share this facebook page for up to date information

The American angle is starting to gain prominence and just like how social networks bought about the arab spring, it is also responsable for bringing this to the fore and forcing the current investigations. Not too mention the huge losses of recent days at newscorp.

People power! Lol

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
There have been and continue to be many fine journalists doing their jobs, keeping a sort of code to find and show the truth in a responsible and sensitive manner.

Fortunately for them, they are not in the public eye under their own names, or they are in the machine, hoping to do good from the inside. To do that, they must at least appear to blend in.

Why? Well....

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

I have been on a scene with gunshots flying over my head and the heads of all the other reporters while we ran for our lives from a deranged elderly man holed up in his house.

And please, don't say it is an occupational hazard. If it was always like that, journalists would know. Please,don't be simpleminded just to miss the point. These people risked their lives to bring the truth to the people they could. Even without gunshots, many journalists put all they have on the line with every word they write. Can you see that?

Every one of us (journalists) believes it matters more than any one of us do, and we trust that no matter what happens to us, the truth will matter enough to be brought ever forward.

After that, it is really up to you. There are more people than journalists. We must all know our role, and do it as honorably and efficiently as we can, while we can.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Bashing New International/Fox News over listening to phones when the US Government listens to everything anywhere in the world seems disingenuous. I guess the big difference is the US Government doesn't publish it in a news paper. I would think the better choice for the paper would have been to use the phone conversation information as leads and search for hard confirmation.

I think the bigger picture is that while it may be morally wrong and in some cases legally wrong to listen to folks on their phones I would think the real story should be about the silly crap folks talk about on their phones assuming they have privacy. I haven't looked lately at scanners but unblocked scanners were available and some can handle digital and trunked traffic. it may be a "Federal Crime" to listen in on cell phones in the US but like most things, depending on morals, it's not a crime until caught and convicted. If you're concerned about privacy use a land line with old fashion handset. If it goes out unencrypted over the air folks can listen in. For now the best security is in your head.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

I'll tell you where the outrage is.

We're all raging in the TSA threads.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
Bashing New International/Fox News over listening to phones when the US Government listens to everything anywhere in the world seems disingenuous. I guess the big difference is the US Government doesn't publish it in a news paper. I would think the better choice for the paper would have been to use the phone conversation information as leads and search for hard confirmation.

I think the bigger picture is that while it may be morally wrong and in some cases legally wrong to listen to folks on their phones I would think the real story should be about the silly crap folks talk about on their phones assuming they have privacy. I haven't looked lately at scanners but unblocked scanners were available and some can handle digital and trunked traffic. it may be a "Federal Crime" to listen in on cell phones in the US but like most things, depending on morals, it's not a crime until caught and convicted. If you're concerned about privacy use a land line with old fashion handset. If it goes out unencrypted over the air folks can listen in. For now the best security is in your head.

The government in general does not use that information to blackmail itself into giving it more power

Newscorp has

Newscorp is not an elected body in charge of national security

It used information gained via criminal means to further its ends, threaten our democracy and the health of the country

If it was a home grown organisation it would be treasonous

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Article on the BBC site in he past hour stating our PM has met with NI execs 26 times since he came to power.

I've posted the link and my feelings on the original thread on here.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Here in the UK its everywhere! Our biggest newspaper has been closed over it even! I thinks its a joke that just coz the politicians phones were hacked actions been taken, they didnt seem to care until then. Such hyporcrites

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

You realize they all do this don't you?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

You realize they all do this don't you?

Yes

But now they are getting punished for it

Its a watershed time for media practices

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
Here in the UK its everywhere! Our biggest newspaper has been closed over it even! I thinks its a joke that just coz the politicians phones were hacked actions been taken, they didnt seem to care until then. Such hyporcrites

I think it was because the phone of a murdered missing girl that got hacked was more concerning to the public. Most people didnt care about the hacking of the phones of politicians. I'm sure you'll get over the loss of NofW, there's plenty other tabloids spewing the same rubbish. Take your pick.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
There are many outrageous aspects relating to this subject.

Obviously from an emotionally aspect there's the complete lack of respect and willful disregard shown for Milly Dowler's family and other victims of tragic events.

But for me it displays the incestuous and amoral relationship between News International, (we have no proof that it was common practice throughout the industry, yet....however...), the police and every single government from Thatcher onwards.

And I still have not worked out who is the puppet master orchestrating the whole affair and what their(?) agenda is.
edit on 16/7/11 by Freeborn because: grammar etc

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Records indicated that British Prime Minister David Cameron had 26 meetings with Murdoch or his underlings over the last year - about one every two weeks.

Read more: www.nydailynews.com... 7OO

You have to ask what was David Cameron doing meeting every fortnight with NI execs. In the same period he met Guardian execs just twice. The Daily Mail 4 times.
www.nydailynews.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

And where is Fox News on all of this....THEY ARE SAYING NOTHING.....

Obviously, Rupert Murdoch owns Fox news. Saying that though, he also owns a portion of Sky news and they're broadcasting news on the subject

Over here you turn a news channel on for no more than 5 minutes and there will be a story about the hacking scandal. I'm actually surprised that no one has added the suffix -gate to this story yet, which is usually the norm and something which irritates me a lot

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
The scandal continues a 43 year old woman was arrested in connection with the scandal in the UK today. Rebekah Brooks, a senior executive of Murdoch's and in charge of News of the World at the time is 43...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Frankly, OP, its a boring non-story. I'll never tell you what to be mad at, I have to think most of the people here would like the same courtesy. I got aliens, NWO, elenin and Prophesies that give me much more enjoyment than the "Media Wars".

It's all about the ratings and sensationalism. Accusations can be flung willy-nilly and all it takes to remedy the wrong ones? A retraction of some sort. How is this something to get mad at?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
Wow, when are you people going to realize that Israel is spying on you . Murdoch is a Jew, Zionist and loyal to Israel only, he is spying on the British and us Americans and we don't know it.

Amdocs was accused of leaking phone calls to Israel , its origin parent country.

And now they are spying on 9/11 victims and families eventhough we know they did it ( Inside job not muslims )

So wake up people, you have an enemy inside your government spying on you . ITS TIME TO REVOLT

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by B4Truth
So wake up people, you have an enemy inside your government spying on you . ITS TIME TO REVOLT

Instead of just blithely quipping "OK...you first!", I'll ask how you plan to do so. Never mind the fact that it's easy to hit the caps button. How about the fact that if we are indeed victims of society-wide snooping by evil Jews, you've just put the proverbial X on the front door of your ISP address?

Pajamahadeen are sooo predictable, and the 'outrage' sooo flaccid.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Must say i'm very surprised and disappointed to find on ATS so many Fox supporters defending Murdoch, or suggesting it's not an important topic.

My impression of ATS users has just been rebalanced in a wholly unsavoury way.

You talk about conspiracies, well here is one of the great PTB crumbling before us - hard facts of their far reaching influence into the pockets of police and politicians and so many ATS users are saying, moving on folks - nothing to see here.

Is ATS just another smokescreen out to soak up the public curiosity with thread after thread about Nibiru and End Times dreams, so that real news can go unnoticed...?

I pity yee !

edit on 17-7-2011 by McGinty because: vitriol !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
And now this story is nowhere to find on the front page. Whether Murdoch's fingers even reach to here, or that just reflects the type of news ATSers are now interested in, it's sad day!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join