It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outrage and/or attention on ATS on Murdoch's (owner of Fox News) phone hacking scandal

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Obviously, Rupert Murdoch owns Fox news. Saying that though, he also owns a portion of Sky news and they're broadcasting news on the subject

He's able to get away with it here...the other major news networks are reporting it....Fox however has barely said anything on the matter...pretty much a blackout.

They can get away with it here though as a large portion of the viewership only watches fox news and/or listens to conservative radio....and even if they have heard about it they will do what you've seen in this thread....just say it's not a big deal and write it off completely.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
This is just my take on it, but it takes longer than 5 minutes to explain, and it might take explaining it several times for it to sink into most people's heads.

The news won't give it that sort of time or attention so the people don't either. It's too complex a story and no one cares.

Which is why a lot of bad things are happening.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

If Fox news and conservative radio started making this a daily topic, you would see it reflected on ATS....and everywhere else for that matter.

Fox News leads the ratings...they lead the news....and if they say nothing about it...they can just claim it's another Liberal attack/MSM attack on them.

Fox News is great at playing the victim.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

If Fox news and conservative radio started making this a daily topic, you would see it reflected on ATS....and everywhere else for that matter.

Fox News leads the ratings...they lead the news....and if they say nothing about it...they can just claim it's another Liberal attack/MSM attack on them.

First There are pages all over about this topic

2.Other than murdoch owning the huge bohemoth that is the company that over sees all these news agencies, FOX has nothing to do with it. Theyve even been doing heavy reporting on it..

3. I think youre more upset that there isnt outrage AT FOX news........which shows your bias instead of your intent for the truth to be told.......

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by David9176

First There are pages all over about this topic
2.Other than murdoch owning the huge bohemoth that is the company that over sees all these news agencies, FOX has nothing to do with it. Theyve even been doing heavy reporting on it..
3. I think youre more upset that there isnt outrage AT FOX news........which shows your bias instead of your intent for the truth to be told.......

Fact is, there has been no apparent fall-out on this side of the pond.

Yet.

However, the FBI is looking into their American activities. We'll see what emerges, and what the response may be. Notice the arrests and falling on of swords over 'ome. I've no doubt this contagion will spread...especially when those made humble by Fox get to throw off those shackles.

I can hardly wait to see the GOP throw them under the bus.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Everyone has been complaining and alarming about the MSM and it's handlers/funders/CEOs, forever and a day, so when a huge scandal breaks open, showing how corrupt we all KNEW they were, everyone is like, "What more can I say? Except I toldja so, there ya go."

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The FNC just ran a story on this subject and its also on the Fox News homepage.

Can we close this stupid thread now?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks
i can't see how murdoch can be responsible for a rogue employee.

that was one paper in his "empire".

hacking into the phones doesn't make sense to me anyway.

It wasn;t one employee, or even one paper (the NoW was one the worlds biggest circulation papers, so calling it a trash rag kind of downplays it's influence). Reporters from the Times have been at it, so by extension one can summise that The Sun was also up to it, which leads one to question, as they are all News Corp owned, is this systemic within the company?

Then there are the bribes to Police, the cozy relationships with politicians etc..

Which leads nicely onto the US, where bribery of foreign officials by US companies is punishable in the US and company directors etc can be held liable, even if they were not aware of the practice.

The Murdoch Empire is about to go all Roman. The Goths are at the gates and someone forgot to lock them..

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

I hope the FBI are thorough because if they got away with this since 2007 in England, you can be damn sure they used the same tricks in the USA and Australia.....except here in Australia they deny it's never happened, fact is, they really don't know until a whistleblower comes forward.

And now that the main whistleblower is dead.....I doubt any more will come forward now!
edit on 18-7-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
With the head of Scotland Yard resigning over this and every PM since Thatcher knee-deep in this pile of dog-doo, this is only getting worse, now one of the whistleblowers has turned up dead (see "News of the World phone hacking whistleblower found dead"). Fox "news" still won't touch the story except to give it a brief mention, and no "outrage" from them, just the usual deflection. (there's a video of the Fox "news" talking heads talking next to a live microphone saying they weren't going to touch the story - that's "fair and balanced" for you!)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Yet this story seems of little merit here....!

Why?

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join