It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outrage and/or attention on ATS on Murdoch's (owner of Fox News) phone hacking scandal

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
This has been all over the regular media....but not Fox News....and similarly...the same thing is happening here. Not much being said about it. Is it because of the conservative bent this site has now become?

Usually people here are the first to yell about the violation of privacy and rights.....which Murdoch's company obviously has done....and is even being investigated for possibly hacking into the phones/voicemails of 9/11 victims of all things link...an event he has used fervently for the last 10 years politically.

Politicians on both sides of the aisle are demanding an investigation and the FBI is beginning to look into it all to see if the same illegal and corrupt activities were happening here in the USA as they were in the UK.

Two people resigned today, 2 of his top dogs...one of which was the CEO of the company that runs the Wall Street Journal.Link

And where is Fox News on all of this....THEY ARE SAYING NOTHING.....as I brought up in this thread yesterday that hasn't really been commented on:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Here is a video where Fox News anchors laugh and dare (jokingly) about talking about the scandal...it looks as if they have been told not to discuss...or at the very least fearful for their jobs.

edit on 15-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I have seen plenty of outrage in several threads.

If there WERE a lack of outrage expressed, I would guess that's because many people have already know how Murdoch is and this news has not shocked them.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
it is FAUX news after all...
infotainment....

I guess we are getting numb to all the BS
you really have to shock us to get a rise...

maybe if Murdoch sanctioned gay marriage or something....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
This has been all over the regular media....but not Fox News....and similarly...the same thing is happening here. Not much being said about it. Is it because of the conservative bent this site has now become?

Personally, I'm delighted that the FBI has been called in. The politicians may be held in thrall by this yellow journalism, but that doesn't mean they appreciate being bullied. I have a hunch that payback will, indeed, be a bitch.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm sorry, but how is this any different than what the government does every single day? I think we have been pretty much desensitized to the fact that our freedoms are being infringed upon so frequently that the source of the infringement doesn't really matter at this point in the game.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Aww i was just about to post that video, made me laugh !! Don't worry there's plenty of outrage but we all knew about this back in 2006, it's only now that the "authorities" have decided to do something about it. This scandal will probably go on for years so personally I'm trying to not burn out on the topic so i can enjoy the reportage over the coming months. I bet Murdoch is keeping away from yachts as he doesn't want to end up like Maxwell
I'm sure the things his organisation knows could bring down governments so it will be interesting to see how effective the UK government is in it's investigation.

I'm not sure if this is true but isn't it a major crime in the US to bribe foriegn officials ( like the UK police) and can lead to unlimited fines ? I really hope it is

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Well yes, there are those who are angry...but when you look at the board and you see the typical Ron Paul video threads with him basically stating the same thing he's said many times before and they get insane amounts of attention....as does most of anything that Obama does (which is mostly against him obviously).

For something this big, just doesn't seem to be getting the attention it should be.

With the 10 year anniversary of 9/11 to come in a month and a half....this whole thing could explode.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaDe_

I'm sorry, but how is this any different than what the government does every single day?

Exactly, so those who are equally mad at what the government does should be just as equally upset about this. We going to let this slide because the government does it?

Keep in mind...Fox News has been a HUGE supporter of the Patriot Act.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Personally, I'm delighted that the FBI has been called in. The politicians may be held in thrall by this yellow journalism, but that doesn't mean they appreciate being bullied. I have a hunch that payback will, indeed, be a bitch.

They are saying that Murdoch's son may be the next to resign or be "released" from his duties. With this many people resigning, it seems to me to be more than just damage control. I think they may be worried about what may come to light.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
It is just expected thses days, kinda like flat screen television and running water.

I think it is a good thing, He is gonna get his ass kicked.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
didn't soros and murdoch square off just a little while ago?
guess soros wins..
thats not good either.

The billionaire George Soros responded for the first time, I think, to Glenn Beck's sustained assault on him in an interview (above) with Fareed Zakaria, suggesting that Beck accuses him of being, in effect, Fox chief Rupert Murdoch.

"I would be amused if people saw the joke in it — because what he is doing , he is projecting what Fox, what Rupert Muroch is doing," Soros said of a Beck allegation that he is the "puppetmaster" of a media empire. Murdoch "has a media empire that is telling the people some falsehoods and leading the goverment in the wrong direction," Soros said.

"By accusing me of doing that it ... makes it rather hard to see that he is working for the man that is doing it," Soros said of Beck, invoking Orwell.

www.politico.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
who cares

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I'm personally really gitty about this event and am very excited to see how it unfolds. Wether it sheds a bit more light on 9/11, or some insane plot by TPBT, or if it will just slowly be forgotten about, will tell me a lot about the future of the United States.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

Murdoch has far more power than Soros could ever dream of having. Murdoch has had incredible sway in our politics....not just in the United States and the UK...but the entire world.

He helped push the Tea Party into it's current incarnation. It wouldn't have a place in US politics right now if it weren't for him. The Tea Party, who believes so strongly in privacy and individual rights, has just seen this man's company hack into military families, the family of a girl who had died, police officers with whom they bribed, and possibly 9/11 victims/families.

This is an incredible scandal.....and one that Fox News viewers should be outraged on as this absolutely contradictory to everything Fox News is supposed to stand for...or at least what people "think" it stands for...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Who cares, a few journalists for one gossip magazine overstepped normal boundaries to get a scoop. This is not a big deal, just anti-fox news people trying to make it a big deal.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

Who cares, a few journalists for one gossip magazine overstepped normal boundaries to get a scoop. This is not a big deal, just anti-fox news people trying to make it a big deal.

Ah yeah, that's right...must be nothing...just more Fox News haters. Even the party he supported, the current Prime Minister Murdoch helped get elected has turned on him. The UK is raving mad at what his company has done, he company has lost billions of dollars in value in just a few short days. His media empire is incredible in scope...

But yeah....let's just write this off as more Fox News hatred....must be more lies right!

You win.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by chuckk

How do anti-fox news people take the issue to British Parliament, I would ask? Perhaps it's just a little deeper than some FOX fans can appreciate. It's not just about your hurt feelings, you know?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by chuckk

It goes a little deeper than that, it's more like billionaire media tycoons influencing politicians in illegal ways, bribing public officials in numerous countries, invasion of privacy of major social and political figures. It's really, really not just about fox news haters.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
reply to post by chuckk

It's really, really not just about fox news haters.

If this thread isn't really about fox news then the OP shouldn't have singeled them out in his thread title. I personally don't see how this relates to fox news at all. From what I have gathered this happened in an over seas media.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Fox news is owned by Rupert Murdoch's News International so it is relevant, his organisation is in many countries and OP has observed that Fox news isn't covering the story. It is also being given scant coverage in his UK holdings such as the Times and the Sun.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join