It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outrage and/or attention on ATS on Murdoch's (owner of Fox News) phone hacking scandal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

actually yes, i would feel the same.

i don't see rupert giving the orders to do something like that or it would be widespread in his organizations, which i am sure they have been checking into, now.

again, i don't see why to do this?(motive) the 9 arrested should/will be prosecuted if they broke the law.

since he is the big boss, he gets the heat, however misplaced.

his son controls a lot of stuff also starworld asia, i believe. sky news too.

an organization that big has lots of employees and bosses.

edit on 16-7-2011 by fooks because: got the # wrong

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

I think most of us are outraged but we are smart enough to not obsess on one story for too long so we don't miss what those politicians are up to.

With the IMF chief out of the way and Murdoch's establishment fast loosing billions of $$$ value off News Corp stock....does anyone think what I'm thinking? So who will be next? I think there's a private war going on to rid these big corporation leaders.......I could be wrong, but lets wait and see

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
ANOTHER thread? I've been following the topic on here all with the same info over the past two weeks, as I think it's most important subject in the news just now. Mods really need to crack down on this, never been on a board that allows so many dupe threads before.

Type Murdoch in search and there's at least 10 threads covering the same stuff about the Murdoch media empire's downfall.

This is the original and best -

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Let's keep it all together folks!
edit on 16/7/11 by yakuzakid because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Probably because there are no aliens involved, and because this is a proper adult story that the majority of children who inhabit these boards overlook for the fantasists here

Truth be told

This is the hugest story in the world at the moment.

It involves high levels of criminality on an industrial scale, from bribary of public officials, to intimidation of police investigators and their families with whom were visited by hired thugs of newscorp.

They have pushed agendas and have dictated government policies to various governments and prime ministers including David Cameron, who were bought and paid for or were blackmailed by this seedy lot.

They set us on the course for war, twisting public opinion and playing political leaders like the bought and paid for puppets they are.

They picked at the corpses of 9/11 victims, 7/7 victims, murder victims, fallen soldiers and their families.

Yes those same soldiers whom they helped push to war

They had the audacity to promote values yet are nothing but criminal ghouls, preying on the dead and the grieving and all in the name of money and their head ghoul murdoch

I look forward to see him and his son grovelling in front of parliament on tuesday next week

You may want to watch the show on bbc parliament

My advise is to buy popcorn

And watch these scum lose everything
edit on 16-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Then this thread is for fox haters and really has nothing to do with the actual scandal going on.

Look, nobody is going to bad mouth their boss. We would see other News agencies not covering this story if their owners was caught in this scandal. So I don't see what the big deal is about.

Plenty of juicy gossip to go around with this scandal without ATS having to endure yet another FNC bashing thread.

That's funny, I seem to remember that Rachael Maddow called out G.E., (MSNBC's parent company) on numerous occasions, for not paying any taxes. She mentioned G.E. every single time she addressed the topic, right along with all the other companies doing the same thing.

So you see, some people who believe in a more honest form of delivering the news, will indeed "badmouth their boss," it's just not something your going to see coming from Faux News. Their policy of pure hypocrisy just won't allow it to happen.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrankyPantsUK
It involves high levels of criminality on an industrial scale, from bribary of public officials, to intimidation of police investigators and their families with whom were visited by hired thugs of newscorp.
They have pushed agendas and have dictated government policies to various governments and prime ministers including David Cameron, who were bought and paid for or were blackmailed by this seedy lot.
They set us on the course for war, twisting public opinion and playing political leaders like the bought and paid for puppets they are.

So, you admit that this whole imbroglio is nothing more than just another left/lib attack on Fox News?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by CrankyPantsUK

Damn it, you beat me to it by a couple of posts. I've noticed that a lot on here, even with things like 9/11 - actual real conspiracies and leads ignored because they're not exciting enough and because the leaders of the micro-cults in each respective conspiracy area don't stick it on their latest DVD they're selling to 'enlighten' people.. Lighten them of their cash and brains more like. It's good to be open minded, but not to the point your brains fall out. Oh well

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
He is probably the biggest reason many journalists gave up their careers, so pardon me if I just sit back and enjoy watching him crumble.

It has to make up for a lot, so I plan to be glad for a long, long, long time.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
As much as some want to play this out as a left vs right thing, it is not. It's about the shady practices of the British tabloid press. I wish some would stop seeing everything as a left wing conspiracy to do over the right.

This would all have gone under the carpet and never made such a big deal if it hadn't been for them being exposed for hacking the phones of a missing dead girl. we knew the phones of MP's and celebs were being hacked, but it wasn't enough to cause the public outrage.

Both right wing and left wing newspapers have shown outrage at this scandal. It's not a left/right thing here in the UK as both governments have been in bed with the Murdochs in order to carry his favor. But as soon as this hit America it all became a liberal agenda to shut down FOX. Typical for ATS

The reason it has been ignored, well especially the most informative thread, is because it doesn't go along with the conspiratorial view many have on this site.

edit on 16-7-2011 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

So, you admit that this whole imbroglio is nothing more than just another left/lib attack on Fox News?

Left, right, middle, top and bottom (just like quarks lol)

All bought and paid for subsidories of newscorp..

In the UK this has been proved this week without reasonable doubt and every prime minister from thatcher to cameron have been "outed" as puppets

Yet another source of anger!

Yet we on ATS knew that already hey!?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
To the OP, you're absolutely correct! Where's the outrage? As I've said at least a hundred times before, If anyone takes the time to listen they will discover that Faux News, along with the republican/tea party, have employed the tactic of constantly accusing their opponents of doing the despicable acts that they themselves, are guilty of doing. Where's O'Rielly expressing the same outrage that he did in this video regarding the hacking of Sarah Palin's emails?

This comes from their assumption that everyone else is doing the same thing they are doing. It's the means by which they attempt to justify their own actions and it was expressed by Chris Wallace during his interview of Jon Stewart just a week or two ago.

I wouldn't expect to hear any real news coming from the Faux News group any time soon. Not on this story or any other.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Probably because there are no aliens involved, and because this is a proper adult story that the majority of children who inhabit these boards overlook for the fantasists here

Truth be told

They picked at the corpses of 9/11 victims, 7/7 victims, murder victims, fallen soldiers and their families.

Yes those same soldiers whom they helped push to war

They had the audacity to promote values yet are nothing but criminal ghouls, preying on the dead and the grieving and all in the name of money and their head ghoul murdoch

I look forward to see him and his son grovelling in front of parliament on tuesday next week

You may want to watch the show on bbc parliament

My advise is to buy popcorn

And watch these scum lose everything

I'd love to see this response sent en mass, to the' Letters to the Editor' of every Murdoch paper there is.... even if it didn't get published.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Its stinks thats for sure.The Human Media rats who tapped into ex dead UK service families phones and Milly Dowlers also are scum.And now the rumours of 9/11 victims in US falling foul to these low grade human beings is so sick its beggars believe.Until you look deep into all what News Corp has done and how media have gone about there dealings.Working with top UK police officers,i will never trust any media type now and police well if they arent sending text msgs to young girls and killing people in squad cars.There selling there soul to the devil watch your back peeps!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Aww i was just about to post that video, made me laugh !! Don't worry there's plenty of outrage but we all knew about this back in 2006, it's only now that the "authorities" have decided to do something about it. This scandal will probably go on for years so personally I'm trying to not burn out on the topic so i can enjoy the reportage over the coming months. I bet Murdoch is keeping away from yachts as he doesn't want to end up like Maxwell
I'm sure the things his organisation knows could bring down governments so it will be interesting to see how effective the UK government is in it's investigation.

I'm not sure if this is true but isn't it a major crime in the US to bribe foriegn officials ( like the UK police) and can lead to unlimited fines ? I really hope it is

everyone is so use to sleazebags getting away with their criminal behavior in the past decades, that i'm not holding my breath that Murdoch will lose his Empire.

the banksters are still making millions, the sub prime real estate people are still in business.

the hedge funds are still raping the commodity markets.

and while Clements is on trial for lying to Congress, how about the liars on the Golf of Tonkin, or the babies thrown out of incubators in Kuwait, or the weapons of mass destruction?.

obviously a baseball lie about drugs is more important than the killing of millions based on lies?

i'm so skeptical, that i think if the FBI is investigating something, it's probably cause they know it's the one and only place they won't find anything.

the congress will cut funding to anyone threatening a big criminal.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by citizen6511

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone
Aww i was just about to post that video, made me laugh !! Don't worry there's plenty of outrage but we all knew about this back in 2006, it's only now that the "authorities" have decided to do something about it. This scandal will probably go on for years so personally I'm trying to not burn out on the topic so i can enjoy the reportage over the coming months. I bet Murdoch is keeping away from yachts as he doesn't want to end up like Maxwell
I'm sure the things his organisation knows could bring down governments so it will be interesting to see how effective the UK government is in it's investigation.

I'm not sure if this is true but isn't it a major crime in the US to bribe foriegn officials ( like the UK police) and can lead to unlimited fines ? I really hope it is

everyone is so use to sleazebags getting away with their criminal behavior in the past decades, that i'm not holding my breath that Murdoch will lose his Empire.

the banksters are still making millions, the sub prime real estate people are still in business.

the hedge funds are still raping the commodity markets.

and while Clements is on trial for lying to Congress, how about the liars on the Golf of Tonkin, or the babies thrown out of incubators in Kuwait, or the weapons of mass destruction?.

obviously a baseball lie about drugs is more important than the killing of millions based on lies?

i'm so skeptical, that i think if the FBI is investigating something, it's probably cause they know it's the one and only place they won't find anything.

the congress will cut funding to anyone threatening a big criminal.

Apologies for the long quote, but it bears repeating. The system is not going to eradicate the system. One does not need to be a rogue, however, though it seems like an obvious pushback.

Well, it is.

Part of the mind control that is real and verifiable is our training that only by cleaning up the system can we be free and live up to our Constitutional and indeed, universal rights.

I submit that one cannot fix a broken system, built on the brokenness of others, and that it makes no sense to try. If we pull back a bit, we clearly see that we are free to construct our own mini-system.

Plenty of people have. I hate to agree with the Republicans on anything, but truth is truth: do not expect your government to help you live your life, and you will not be disappointed.

Make your own solutions first, see how they work out, and just save government involvement for the last possible choice.

This brings out the best in most people, and they find that they are busy doing their thing, and even more based on the first successes, and leave that last option last, pretty much until they really need it, i.e. catastrophe, etc.

Then government does have a duty, by merit of its existence, to assist people in keeping their systems going.

Hope this rings a bell, and sparks some new lines of creative and free thought. No one is currently, note the word currently, killing us or cutting off our limbs, so we should exploit what freedoms we possess to make things different from the inside -our lives- out -our world.

Back to topic, I think the UK is doing just a fine job on their own! Many people have been outraged forever about this empire of lies, and that is because they lost their opportunity to practice their craft because of it.

The great and sad thing is that it should have happened here in the US since we propagated this thing, but again, that was the government, and we haven't been able to get our hands on the buttons for decades and decades.

And God bless those cheeky Brits. Whatever it took to bring this out and accept it, they have it and we don't. But that is what big brothers are for, yes?

*bows to Britain*

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by citizen6511

The average brit is chomping at the bit in anticipation of an FBI investigation and are under the assumption that they will do an integral job in proving the allegations States-Side

The police in the UK have been proven to be corrupt, taking bribes, giving personal info of people from the royals down, scuppering investigations into newscorp activities, and high level police officers being given high poweredjobs in newscorp as payment.

However police and politcians have found their backbone as the much feared newscorp has been found to be mortal after all.

My fear though is that all of this gets brushed aside as Obama uses the issue for his re-election and makes it a partisan issue

This is a justice issue

And as both sides of the UK parliament are united in this, I hope both sides of the house in Washington will also be emboldened and released from this diabolicle company that has held the US government to ransom and dumbed down America

edit on 16-7-2011 by CrankyPantsUK because: bloody typos!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

diabolicle company that has held the US government to ransom and dumbed down America

How so?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

diabolicle company that has held the US government to ransom and dumbed down America

How so?

Newscorp have given millions to republican election warchests, are feted by all top level politicians for favourable media coverage (even Obama), have won no questions asked super quick US citizenship for Murdochs top execs via political connections.

Have interviened in twisting the public opinion of America by amplifying the left/right paradigm even being a main contributor to the tea party.

I could go on but i hope you get the gist

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I read a few paragraphs of an article about it, so I don't know much about it. But to be wiretapped by them you had to be providing them with news material, or be rich and influential. There is no special place in my heart for the "influential" or those who go running to the news for attention or to whine about something. When you deal with corporations like this, well what do you expect?

If they are wiretapping innocent people who asked nothing of them, then that is an outrage. Honestly I haven't read the story much. Someone said this is about the real world, but to me it's like some other world - TV land, hollywood, and the masters of hollywood the CIA and FBI are prosecuting it, lol.

I have no love for Fox News trust me. Mildly excited that this case will give us another example to watch how the elite work. But no it never really made me angry. You had to be involved with them to get wiretapped. I'd like to see some elites go to jail sure but it's not going to change anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

you bring up a very good point, Fox "news" spent weeks raging on about the Sarah Palin email hacker and gloated as the hacker (a college kid) was marched off to jail. Now we see how News Corp was itself hacking into phones, even deleting the messages of a 13-year old dead girl to free up more space in her inbox which led the police and her parent to believe she was still alive, along with hacking 9/11 victims and dead soldiers, as well as bribing elected officials, paying off police, etc., so it's only fitting that Murdock and every one of his cronies face the same justice. This is more than reporters trying to get a scoop, this is Murdock using blackmail and intimidation to shape the political landscape.

What I'm really shocked by, and disgusted by, is the number of "tea partiers" on ATS who are supposed to be for privacy and personal rights are now making excuses for Murdock and News Corp. But I guess this shouldn't be a real surprise, as the current incarnation of the tea party is in reality a Fox "news" & GOP-financed fabrication, so of course they won't raise a stink over this. They'll just stay mum and wait for the next college kid to hack into Palin's or some other politico's email account so they can go back to their self-righteous indignation of how Soros is the anti-christ blah blah blah.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join