It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mousetrails' and the dark side of the Old Testament

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by JonU2

So, yes, you're here to preach...................

This is "Religion, Faith, and Theology". Is it okay if I share my faith and Theology here? I've addressed all your posts in a clear, concise manner.

You just don't like what I've said.

I gather you're a modern apologist. Correct?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by AllIsOne

I'm not sure I understand the "modern" qualifier.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

reply to post by JonU2

So, yes, you're here to preach...................

This is "Religion, Faith, and Theology". Is it okay if I share my faith and Theology here? I've addressed all your posts in a clear, concise manner.

You just don't like what I've said.

I gather you're a modern apologist. Correct?

This is a repeated attempt at an ad hominem argument. I infer from it that you lost the real argument -- whatever it was --, because otherwise you wouldn't be trying to play the man, rather than the ball.

If you can refute the other guy, go ahead; but to suggest that the other guy should not be heard because you don't share his religion/politics/shoe-size merely wastes bandwidth.

All the best,

Roger Pearse
edit on 16/7/2011 by roger_pearse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Whats for him to apologize for, its not like he makes a thread saying the dark side of atheiests, how they choose to live in the dark and follow the ways of the world.

He just rebuked on the scripture, a duty you wouldn't understand.

edit on 16-7-2011 by EnigmaticDill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Logman

Can you provide a link that El Shaddai was a name for El Elyon in Canaanite myth? I have never seen them linked before outside the Bible and even in the Bible, the link is not always explicitly clear and could be interpreted as two different beings or at least personalities.

In Hebrew the root word for Shaddai is Shaddad. Shaddad means to devastate violently and lay waste. El Shaddai would then mean G-d the Devastator or Destroyer. Yah is explicitly identified as Shaddai in Exodus, telling Moses that was the name that Abraham, Isaac and Jacob knew Him as.

Elyon, though is "Most High" or "Highest". In the Bible and even outside it, Elyon is often called Creator of Heaven and Earth. Biblically, the link between the names Elyon, Yah, and Shaddai isn't very clear or explicit.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Christian apologetics started with Paul the Apostle. I'm just assuming that you're not his age ...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   

How is Paul an apologetic, because he excersised humility to such a degree, im sure you view it as sickeningly sweet.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
For all enlightened folk on ATS: Christian Apologetics is a field of Christian theology. No straw man to be found here. Deny ignorance!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

But foolish and unlearned questions avoid, knowing that they do gender strifes.

And the servant of the Lord must not strive; but be gentle unto all men, apt to teach, patient,

In meekness instructing those that oppose themselves; if God peradventure will give them repentance to the acknowledging of the truth;

And that they may recover themselves out of the snare of the devil, who are taken captive by him at his will.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnigmaticDill

How is Paul an apologetic, because he excersised humility to such a degree, im sure you view it as sickeningly sweet.

Deny ignorance!

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Your using Wikipedia as a source, you lost all credibility for your argument. There is almost no accurate information on that page and that is not what an aplogetic is at all, an apologetic is a christian that will not contend for the faith. Someone who instead of refuting someones arguments against scripture would instead agree with certain poiints.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
This is really fun. You "Christian" guys don't even know your own theology. Regurgitating bible verses is much easier.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Your using Wikipedia as a source, you lost all credibility for your argument. There is almost no accurate information on that page and that is not what an aplogetic is at all, an apologetic is a christian that will not contend for the faith. Someone who instead of refuting someones arguments against scripture would instead agree with certain poiints.

Ask your preist at mass tomorrow. He'll explain it to you ...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Because you dont want to understand the scripture, instead its easier for you to reason out your own misunderstandings and proclaim it as some kind of victory, when in reality your the one with no argument.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

And sorry I dont go to mass Im a Christian, Bible thumping fundamentalist baptist.

Get learned.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Because you dont want to understand the scripture, instead its easier for you to reason out your own misunderstandings and proclaim it as some kind of victory, when in reality your the one with no argument.

I'm in a good mood today and should do a good deed. Here you go my friend:

The apostle Paul, who may have been well-educated, see Paul of Tarsus and Judaism for details, wrote that Christians should beware that they are not taken captive by worldly philosophy (compare to sophistry or Hellenistic Judaism) that did not accord with Christ (Colossians 2:8). This same sentiment is given in the book of Proverbs, when it says "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge;" (see Prov. 1:7) The book of Proverbs itself might be considered philosophical in nature as it is commonly referred to as "wisdom literature." [4]

BTW: All I've done was asking a question. I haven't even started with my argument yet ... lol.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
You go right ahead. Cause your treading in dangerous waters not because of our sake, but for your own.

And really that just further proves that you have no idea what your talking about, because your argument isnt even your own, you've done no work yourself to understand.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

And sorry I dont go to mass Im a Christian, Bible thumping fundamentalist baptist.

Get learned.

Oh boy, I thought there was a sliver of hope to have a conversation, but the little word "fundamentalist" preempts that. Well, have a great life ...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AllIsOne

Christian apologetics started with Paul the Apostle. I'm just assuming that you're not his age ...

In that context, yes, I'm an apologist.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Yea cause a REAL fundamentalist will put the fear of God in you, because they keep to scripture.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join