It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YOUR VOTE COUNTS!!! ...maybe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
This question was raised in my head when thinking about Ron Paul getting elected and how much he could potentially help "the people."

Im sure TPTB have their plan all worked out, but what if we elected someone who didnt go along with the plan. ie Ron Paul (even though he could be part of their plan). Do you think that they would just not even use our votes and make up statistics about who won and by how much??? How do we even know our vote counts for anything other then giving people the feeling that they played a role in our government?

You may say something like, "Well thats why they do polls on various websites and tv stations." Be we all know who controls a majority of media, so those polls dont give us any solid way of knowing if our vote counts either.

One variable in this situation though is the previous presidents who were assassinated. Clearly they didnt go with the plan and were killed for doing so, but they still got elected.

Im drawing blanks on answers for my question, someone with a better clue please enlighten me.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by iSHRED
This question was raised in my head when thinking about Ron Paul getting elected and how much he could potentially help "the people."

Im sure TPTB have their plan all worked out, but what if we elected someone who didnt go along with the plan. ie Ron Paul (even though he could be part of their plan). Do you think that they would just not even use our votes and make up statistics about who won and by how much???

George W. Bush second term, first time the Supreme Court picked the president of the united states. we do not count, our votes are not missed.

I vote in every election, with the hope that maybe someday, my vote might actually count.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Our votes count for absolutely nothing. Look at the 2000 and 2004 elections. TPTB just puts whoever they want in the Presidency. The electoral votes are what really counts. And, if those don't come out the way "they" want them to, they just call for recounts until they get the result they want.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Even if Ron Paul were elected, he would be sat down during the symbolic exchange of power, and told comply or die. Our president is worthless. Curley is leaving office, and we have a choice of Larry or Mo as replacements.

Ron Paul will never see office, he is too outspoken against the "Global Community", or "NWO" take your pick. They all argue about spending, but spend to make their argument. It's pointlessness.

I still vote, I know it doesn't count. I usually vote democratic, but I live in Texas, where republican rules. My vote is pointless.

It is all engineered nonsense. A symbolic gesture that once stood for something, but is now lost to mere tradition.

It doesn't matter who governs us, the corporations govern them. Money passes laws, not public opinion. Polls are useless, as they are always focused in some metropolitan area, and favorable results can be attained by simple trend analysis.

It is a joke, and you are not wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
You people realize that by voting, you are agreeing to allow these clowns to make decisions on your behalf?

Personally, I refuse to vote for the person I dislike the least. So I haven't voted in over 15 years.

If you really want a change for the better, stop playing their stupid game.
edit on 12/7/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
thanks for the replies, thats how i felt like was, ive never voted and i will continue to not vote...
im disappointed in humanity

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Why are you looking for a normal response on a conspiracy site. The majority of people here think the government is up to no good so don't believe in the voting process as anything but a giant cesspool of lies. You must already know what type of response you want and judging by the responses to your thread you got them.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Electronic voting booths are the final insult...

You will NEVER know if your vote counted...NEVER!!!

Voting is a charade... the joke is on us...

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dave0davidson
Our votes count for absolutely nothing. Look at the 2000 and 2004 elections. TPTB just puts whoever they want in the Presidency. The electoral votes are what really counts. And, if those don't come out the way "they" want them to, they just call for recounts until they get the result they want.

the electorate may vote however they choose. they can legally ignore the vote Tally and vote how they please for the president and be completely within the law.
Abolish the electoral college!!!

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
You people realize that by voting, you are agreeing to allow these clowns to make decisions on your behalf?

Personally, I refuse to vote for the person I dislike the least. So I haven't voted in over 15 years.

If you really want a change for the better, stop playing their stupid game.
edit on 12/7/11 by NuclearPaul because: (no reason given)

yeah that would work...not. then only the sock puppets will be voting and things remaining the same are assured. As of this date no person that i have voted for has ever been elected to office. so the "clowns making decisions on my behalf" are not doing it because i voted for them.

how exactly does doing nothing accomplish anything?
edit on 13-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: punctuation

new topics

top topics

join