It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

France Says NATO Bombing Has Failed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Source: www.globalresearch.ca...

One of the jokes heard at this week’s massive pro-government Friday post prayer rally at Green Square (in most of the other Arab countries Fridays are days of rage against the government du jour, but in Libya Friday prayers are followed by massive pro-Qadaffi rallies, attended two weeks ago by close to 65% of Tripoli’s population) is about how each morning Libya’s leader, following early morning Fajr prayers dons his formal uniform, complete with those huge epaulets, and salutes the small NATO flag he tapes to his bathroom mirror as he moves from place to place dodging NATO drones and assassins.

“Our leader does this”, one young lady informed me first with a wide smile and then growing serious, “because the NATO bombing of Libyan civilians, which the US/NATO axis claims Qaddafi is doing, has caused his popularity to skyrocket among our proud and nationalist tribal people. I am one example of this. Yes, of course we can use some new blood and long overdue reform in our government. Which country cannot? But first we must defeat the NATO invaders and then we can sort out our problems among our tribes including the so-called “NATO Rebels.”

And of course, you knew it was gonna fail from the start right? Funny how France was one of the leading countries to push for the Libyan and now they are saying how it failed. IMO, this is pretext for and invasion coming later this year. Seems like an easy transition, no? The bombs arent working, so lets get some boots on the ground and get in there...

Check this out, i think it might be in context for this thread as it has been reported of a massive invasion force readying themselves for entering Libya in Sept/Oct

www.abovetopsecret.com...

and this one

Thoughts?!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
The thing about openly trying to assassinate somebody, is that it is pretty hard to turn around and say:

"Oops, our bad... how about we forget that this whole little episode ever happened OK? So... we good?"

Unless of course Ghaddafi (I have never seen a person's name spelled in so many different ways) agrees to sell off all his country's natural resources to the companies of the countries involved in the assassination attempt, and agrees to never, never bring up an alternative currency ever again.

Even then, I can only imagine the first U.N. meeting would be very, very awkward.

"Come on, you still mad about that little 'trying to kill you thing'... sheesh, how long are you gonna hold that over us!?!"

the Billmeister

edit on 12-7-2011 by Billmeister because: spelling

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Why apoligize, Ghaddafi never has for all the people he's killed.

He has no right to criticize anyone for doing bad things.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

You're right.. he's no mother Theresa, BUT, under international law, assasination of world leaders is illegal. They legally cannot do what they are trying to do.... Again, seems like a pretext to invasion

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
If they were trying to assassinate him it would be over with already. They are trying to do regime change, very poorly I might add.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Billmeister

So,,, France' declares defeat, in an Air-War,, run by a Canadian General,,who takes his orders from an Italian Admiral,, all overseen by an American Advisor.

Why am i not surprised.

FacePalm please.

Me.
edit on 12-7-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I coughed up my coffee through my nose laughing. For a minute there I thought the thread title read...

France Has Failed NATO

I was going to ask, what else is new? Why doesn't it surprise me that out of all the countries involved France has come out with this?

edit on 12-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
The thing is, officially, the only mandate that NATO had was to enforce a "no-fly zone", so the only possible failure would be that Libyan forces are flying in the restricted airspace... are they?

Unless, this whole "Ghaddafi is evil for killing his own people", is just a way to go in and snatch another country's resources... no, that couldn't possibly be. (yes... sarcasm)

Ghaddafi is by no means the type of person I would invite to a BBQ, but, the uprising in Libya was very, VERY different from the peaceful uprisings in Tunisia, Egypt. The "uprisers" (who have been called everything from rebels to freedom fighters) just happen to have been very well armed with weapons which include heavy artillery... which they have and are still using.

There is obviously a complicated tribal/clan reality which exists in these countries which add elements of complexity to the whole uprisings. However, Ghaddafi is doing the exact same thing that the Bahraini and Saudi Kingdoms are doing (i.e. shooting down the protesters) only those in Libya seem to be armed to the teeth.

Something just doesn't smell right, and it isn't the camel dung.

the Billmeister

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by kro32
If they were trying to assassinate him it would be over with already. They are trying to do regime change, very poorly I might add.

The funny thing is, they are trying and have failed more than once to get him!
Check it out,
This is from a Libyan official in April talking about it:
Source
And another story from the same time:
Source

AND, if you don't believe the 'Libyan official's" story
Check it,

A top US commander involved in the military operations in Libya has admitted that NATO forces are seeking to kill Libyan ruler Muammar Gaddafi.

Source

Agreed about the failed regime change.. They thought it would take a couple weeks, now look

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

Originally posted by kro32
Why apoligize, Ghaddafi never has for all the people he's killed.

He has no right to criticize anyone for doing bad things.

Has the U.S. apologized for the 8,813 civilans killed in Afghanistan?

How about the 864,531 civilians killed in Iraq? (both conservative estimates)

Source

Why don't we remove the plank in our eyes before you worry about the speck of dust in Gaddaffis?
edit on 12-7-2011 by Skerrako because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nspekta
Source: www.globalresearch.ca...

One of the jokes heard at this week’s massive pro-government Friday post prayer rally at Green Square (in most of the other Arab countries Fridays are days of rage against the government du jour, but in Libya Friday prayers are followed by massive pro-Qadaffi rallies, attended two weeks ago by close to 65% of Tripoli’s population) is about how each morning Libya’s leader, following early morning Fajr prayers dons his formal uniform, complete with those huge epaulets, and salutes the small NATO flag he tapes to his bathroom mirror as he moves from place to place dodging NATO drones and assassins.

“Our leader does this”, one young lady informed me first with a wide smile and then growing serious, “because the NATO bombing of Libyan civilians, which the US/NATO axis claims Qaddafi is doing, has caused his popularity to skyrocket among our proud and nationalist tribal people. I am one example of this. Yes, of course we can use some new blood and long overdue reform in our government. Which country cannot? But first we must defeat the NATO invaders and then we can sort out our problems among our tribes including the so-called “NATO Rebels.”

And of course, you knew it was gonna fail from the start right? Funny how France was one of the leading countries to push for the Libyan and now they are saying how it failed. IMO, this is pretext for and invasion coming later this year. Seems like an easy transition, no? The bombs arent working, so lets get some boots on the ground and get in there...

Check this out, i think it might be in context for this thread as it has been reported of a massive invasion force readying themselves for entering Libya in Sept/Oct

and this one

Thoughts?!

That woman is racist, don't you know! It's racist to be nationalistic!

new topics

top topics

join