It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

strange radar today, anyone know more?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
radar.weather.gov...
sorry, glassgow, mt, others in area serrated or chopped is this what is called earthquake clouds?
edit on 11-7-2011 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

little bit more information would be greatly appreciated...whats strange about it? why is it strange. you know that sort of stuff? i am sure a mod will be along shortly to say just the same thing

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
What is strange about the radar?? I don't see anything out of the norm but have no idea where you want us to look. More info please

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Is this in reference to the multiple 250km perfectly straight lines from St Louis & northern Florida? That is the only thing that looks odd to me, not sure what to make of them though.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by KaiserSoze

didnt notice those before but those are nice and interesting. as far as the OP question they are all over the mid west..i saw a few in MN and WI and ND i believe

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

#s about to hit the fan in california
magnetic fluxuation off the charts almost exactly like it was when the haiti eq happened and the japan eq. in the last 2 hrs cali has had 15 mini quakes

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Are you trying to say a big earthquake will hit that area? .....In how many hours?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Gosh, I love radar anomalies. Especially when they are said to be something they are not. Like someone on YouTube, Dutchsinse, who calls them HAARP rings, and uses them to "predict" bad weather. What does radar show, besides bad weather? On a good day, there is nothing for the radar to ping, so nothing shows up! But people actually send in donations and support his ignorance. And he's not even being original. Here's the story of the NEXRAD hoax, from way back in the 1990's! I guess no one ever thought to just look it up.
NEXRAD HOAX

Anyway, back to the radar in question. The actual reason those lines appear, and all other lines and circles and patterns are explained by an expert here:
NEXRAD expert
Unfortunately, the pictures he used are gone from the page, but there is a link to them early in his reply.
Most of the time, it's due to which logarithm is chosen to interpret the data. Here's a link that explains it all:
What weather radar shows
About 3/4's down the page is an example of how using the right equation can clean up an image. Even though there are computers, there are still operators, who have to know their math. Once that knowledge is applied, you see only weather.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by KaiserSoze
Is this in reference to the multiple 250km perfectly straight lines from St Louis & northern Florida? That is the only thing that looks odd to me, not sure what to make of them though.

They look like they're a "normal" return, but only of a small number of signals sent out on a narrow bearing - there could be a number of possible reasons - intermittant failure of the receiving unit, software failure somewhere along the line, interference from unexpected sources on the other bearings.....

there's a technical paper on interfernce here if you are really keen....www.its.bldrdoc.gov...

I'm surprised the circular arcs in the Gulf of Mexico haven't erceived any mention.....but perhaps the CT's have finally realised that radar "operates" in circles so that's not so unusual??

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by TheFlipFormat

Or it could be related to the solar wind/interplanetary magnetic field - note the By & Bt fluctuation at 1000 UTC here - www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I don't know any more about the link, but wiki says Earth's magnetic field is affected by the Solar Wind - but nothing about either causing earthquakes - nor does any other reputable site. Not that that means ther is no link, jsut that no-one can actually prove it, no matter how many shout that it;s true (see my sig
)

And the corresponding Auroral changes here - www.swpc.noaa.gov... - increasing to factor 4 means the aurora would be visible further south (if I understand it correctly)

both are available through spaceweather.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aloysius the Gaul
reply to post by TheFlipFormat

Or it could be related to the solar wind/interplanetary magnetic field - note the By & Bt fluctuation at 1000 UTC here - www.swpc.noaa.gov...

I don't know any more about the link, but wiki says Earth's magnetic field is affected by the Solar Wind - but nothing about either causing earthquakes - nor does any other reputable site. Not that that means ther is no link, jsut that no-one can actually prove it, no matter how many shout that it;s true (see my sig
)

And the corresponding Auroral changes here - www.swpc.noaa.gov... - increasing to factor 4 means the aurora would be visible further south (if I understand it correctly)

both are available through spaceweather.com...

Now come on, you are telling me that a radar is not a magical device that shows precipitation perfectly as it is out there? you are not saying it can have errors, calibration issues, interference, anomolies and things like that? Paid government agent debunker

I bet you think that radar rings are not perfect representations of weather too! haha

Who knows where this conspiracy view came about that radar rings, spokes, etc are evidence of something sinister.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Looking at today's looping picture, I am curious about those straight lines still - I'm not suggesting they are anythign other than explainable anomalies, but there are some oddities in there

Eg there's several that start from the Carolinas, Georgia & Florida, and seem to "travel" to the north west all exactly parallel to each other. the fact that they are all in the same direction makes me think it's a processing error of some sort.

and there's the 2 "stationary" straight lines coming from St Louis over the 26 hours (roughly?) of the looping map.

You can see why someone would think it odd & I'm surprised no CT's have commented further on it.

radar.weather.gov...

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

I am in Ohio and we had one crazy storm last night and broke record rainfalls here.The lightning was crazy and caught things on fire even in a torrental downpour. I just happend to look at the radar today and see if any more storms were brewing when I noticed some odd images a couple states away. Is this normal? All of a sudden bam then 15 minutes later poof.

Image 1
Image 1
image 2

image 3

image 4

image 5

image 6

edit on 19-7-2011 by amysteryman2011 because: link not working

edit on 21/7/11 by argentus because: fix "reply to" formatting

new topics

top topics

join