It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK Gets First "Sharia Controlled Zone".

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I feel a lot of anger and i will refrain from saying how i feel because i will get banned but all i will say is....

I WILL NOT STAND IDLEY BY

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Hahaha you Brits would get more freedoms in a Muslim country like Turkey than you do in parts of your own nation, obviously the Muslims your talking about are some extremist types, im Muslim and i could never handle living in a neighbourhood run by some wackjobs who dont even allow music.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL

About half way into my walk I was confronted by about 8 Muslim men who told me "You can't drink round here, throw it away or face Allah's wrath!". Thinking one beer wasn't worth a beating I put the beer down and carried on my journey.

I'm wondering if the police in the area are aware of this kind of behavior. Has anyone called the police to report the threats?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Personally I would have put the bottle over one their heads and took it from there....but that's just me and how I deal with being threatened, even though I know it's probably not the best course of action.

Whilst I understand the need to respect other's religion I can not condone the imposition and enforcement of religious doctrine which forbids acts that are within both local by-laws and national laws in public places.

If a non-Sharia area was to enforced anywhere what would the reaction be?
edit on 10/7/11 by Freeborn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by maybee

About half way into my walk I was confronted by about 8 Muslim men who told me "You can't drink round here, throw it away or face Allah's wrath!". Thinking one beer wasn't worth a beating I put the beer down and carried on my journey.

I'm wondering if the police in the area are aware of this kind of behavior. Has anyone called the police to report the threats?

hi in my area they are aware
they have muslim police also
though there doesnt seem to be 2 many at the mo...yet
mosques on the increase

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
Er... This is just a group of idiots putting up stickers.

Your thread title is misleading, to say the least.

A group of knuckle-draggers who put ''blacks out'' or ''no gays here'' stickers on lamp-posts would not lead to a headline stating: ''UK gets first anti-gay controlled zone'' or ''UK gets first anti-black controlled zone''.

Stop buying into this fear-ridden, anti-Muslim propaganda.

Behave yourselves.

edit on 10-7-2011 by Sherlock Holmes because: (no reason given)

Couldn't have said it better...

This thread is ridiculous and the fact that anyone thinks this is "real" or somehow official or legal.... and worth making a thread about, just shows how stupid, gullible and fearful many people are.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by davesmart

bnp is a very racist organization which will i think destroy england one day,people are moaning about no jobs for british people which is basically true, what people dont relise is our gov doesnt care about us as you could see from the latest bombardea whatever there called a train contractor in derby lost to germany losing a 1 billion pound contract to foreign countrys,it is strange but am sure there's a reason why...
So dont blame forignors blame your government , which is my gov too

The gov in UK is pushing towards maybe complete chaos cuz tensions are high everyones getting more poor and its just getting bad to worse....

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Hey Dave.

Don't let it get you down mate. This country has faced many threats in the past and always come out on top. Keep your pride it may help in the coming years.

ALS

i know your right m8
cheers
dave

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by shafpirate

bnp is a very racist organization which will i think destroy england one day,people are moaning about no jobs for british people which is basically true, what people dont relise is our gov doesnt care about us as you could see from the latest bombardea whatever there called a train contractor in derby lost to germany losing a 1 billion pound contract to foreign countrys,it is strange but am sure there's a reason why...
So dont blame forignors blame your government , which is my gov too

The gov in UK is pushing towards maybe complete chaos cuz tensions are high everyones getting more poor and its just getting bad to worse....

as i said i dont condone that behaviour
the bnp are leechers, they suck on human hatred and stir trouble

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

If you had the English or Welsh Defence League on speed dial......they would had entered the area with a beer in their hands......

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

I assure you that MAC (Muslims against crusades) is a real group. A group that condemn the killing of Osama and praised 9/11. I can also assure you that this is not a hate thread, I hold no hate in my heart (not even for MAC).

ALS

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

You're really embarrassing yourself by that little story you pulled out of your sleeve to give credibility to the story. Many Western countries have banned the consumption of Alcohol in public places. You can't walk in the street with a bottle of beer.

In UK, drinking in public transport is already banned, countries such as New Zealand and Australia have banned drinking in parks, streets, and recently even some beaches etc.. You could get fined up to $400.

UK implemented this ban not because of Muslims, but because of doctors:

Doctors will urge alcohol ban on all public transport at BMA conference

--source--

It seems alcoholics are out in force trying to defend their right to drink any where and everywhere. Most of us know the B.S. the sober have to face with, from harassment, to physical abuse.

I have a little drinking habit of my own, but I won't stay in denial and defend the problems it can cause without any control.

It isn't just UK, or Muslims, it is Western enlightenment which has driven them to control this big problem, those who want to blame Muslims, good on you, but reality speaks differently.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Personally I would have put the bottle over one their heads and took it from there....but that's just me and how I deal with being threatened, even though I know it's probably not the best course of action.

In the past this would have been my first coarse of action, but alas I have a child on the way I need to provide for, I can't be out of work for the sake of a £1.50 bottle of beer. It seems as I grow up my balls shrink

ALS

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

hi
here in the midlands the law only bans open beer cans/bottles in the town centre
fact

oh yes and whilst walking down the road recently a policeman was behind me
i took a sip seen him and apologised instantly
he said "no worries u have it coverd up"
it was in a plastic bag

edit on 10-7-2011 by davesmart because: added more info

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Its clearly not official but it is real. If you believe it not to be so, you either:

Have never experienced such things.
Are blind.
Do not live in the UK.

ALS

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

reply to post by Freeborn

In the past this would have been my first coarse of action, but alas I have a child on the way I need to provide for, I can't be out of work for the sake of a £1.50 bottle of beer. It seems as I grow up my balls shrink

ALS

hahaha
i know how u feel,
ive a little girl due another op soon
since she was born i have kept out of harms way
i think a little more b4 reacting to something mundane

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by confreak

I'm not sure what your getting at? These men weren't up holding the law. Their message was clear "You can't drink here, this is a Muslim area!".

ALS

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak

You're really embarrassing yourself by that little story you pulled out of your sleeve to give credibility to the story. Many Western countries have banned the consumption of Alcohol in public places. You can't walk in the street with a bottle of beer.

In UK, drinking in public transport is already banned, countries such as New Zealand and Australia have banned drinking in parks, streets, and recently even some beaches etc.. You could get fined up to $400.

UK implemented this ban not because of Muslims, but because of doctors:

Doctors will urge alcohol ban on all public transport at BMA conference

--source--

It seems alcoholics are out in force trying to defend their right to drink any where and everywhere. Most of us know the B.S. the sober have to face with, from harassment, to physical abuse.

I have a little drinking habit of my own, but I won't stay in denial and defend the problems it can cause without any control.

It isn't just UK, or Muslims, it is Western enlightenment which has driven them to control this big problem, those who want to blame Muslims, good on you, but reality speaks differently.

Bollocks!

This is muslims pushing people around and trying to assert authority in their own areas with a law that has no precedent in this country nor has any place in western society.

All they have achieved is unleashing the edl on there street with 20000 people marching, smoking and showing them who the real boss is.

Intimidation in other words, the exact tactic they are using but a thousandfold!

My lads read these stories too and tbh it just fires them up even more for deployments in afghanistan, so there is an attitude of getting some payback on tour.

They do their "brothers" no favours

Especially when the troops leave the forces.

There is a huge standing army of battle hardened ex squaddies out there who are itching to kick off, who live in these areas, and crap like this will light the touch paper!
edit on 10-7-2011 by BattleFieldPredator because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-7-2011 by BattleFieldPredator because: typos

edit on 10-7-2011 by BattleFieldPredator because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
What BS this is!! Good luck to anyone trying to act this way around my area, myself and the locals would not hesitate to straighten them out. It really saddens me that in places around the UK this is happening though

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I used to have a bit of time for EDL but they are loosing a lot of credebility and are becoming a pathetic bunch of wannabe's and failed football hooligans who weren't worth a carrot back in the day when it was really on top.

Seems like every snide Stone Island wearing never has been is aligning themselves with EDL.

EDL should concentrate on substance and trying to gain some integrity; having a piss up, acting like a ding and singing terrace songs won't achieve that.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join