It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member sick of all the disinformation/mainstream news

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
I've been checking up on the site for a few months now and finally caved and joined. The 20 posts thing is annoying but i'm sure i'll get past it quickly enough.

Has anyone ever googled the basic term end of the world? If you ever did, like myself, before may 21st you used to get better resources. I'm pretty sure thats how I found this site in the first place. Now you can't get past the first few pages without every possible news article about the predicted rapture. Disinformation much?

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Its not really disinfo,its more of a retard overload..Some people believe it or not sit and wish that some disaster will happen just so theylle have something to throw in other peoples faces,so they begin to fabricate stories hoping to bring fear to those dumb enough to believe .The government doesnt need to provide disinfo.The government gives people a story then sits back and lets the retard overload take control.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Welcome!
And if you're trying to get credible info on the "real" news, using google as your search engine isn't going to help much, IMO.
Google searches are now tailored from other searches etc. you do on your computer.
See if anyone can list you better search engines...

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tenplayr99

Hi tenplayr99, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hope you enjoy, and gain from, your time on ATS. Sometimes it's really annoying, but there's some very informed people around, and most threads have some great discussion and argument.

Maybe the most likely source of disinfo about the 'end of the world' isn't the 'government', 'TPTB', Illuminati, Freemasons or whatever. Start with whoever (one person or more) wrote the Book of Revelation, around 100AD, and look closely all the way up to Harold Camping this year. Most end-times scenarios are Christian, and involve some sort of divine intervention. Over the last 20 years or so we've moved on to pseudo-science and pseudo-history, imaginary comets, planets and the rest of it, but what brings all of these predictions together are the people who make them.

(Google, as someone said, is a terrible place to look unless you know what you're looking for: you'll only find what you're fed, which is usually what's been 'trending' in the last week or two.)

But if you look further, you'll find a long history of individuals who want to impress and take some control over others. St John the Divine, or whoever wrote Revelation was predicting an end in a generation or two. He was writing to young, new churches who were having a hard time, and needed a, for them, happy ending to look forward to. The Great Beast, 666, was almost certainly the Emperor Nero, who was much reviled at the time but is pretty much totally irrelevant now.

Since then, using chunks from Revelation, Daniel, the measurements of the Great Pyramid, a single Mayan calendar stone, the incomprehensible (before the event) quatrains of Nostradamus, and any other scrap of information that can be given a complicated interpretation that might impress others, a stream of thousands of unsuccessful prophets (hello Mr Camping - two failures so far) has kept at it. Remember, every single end times prophecy for any date up to today has turned out to be c**p.

So, no, it's the fringe evangelists, new age prophets, peope who post photos of Nibiru, sellers of books on Planet X, cults, people who want to sell you places in holes in the ground and many more – including good old-fashioned well-meaning crazies - that are disinforming us. I don't see why the government would want, or need, to even think about getting involved. And I don’t think there’s any convincing evidence that they do.

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

As a new member myself, I'd like to say Hi. Secondly regarding your post, the MSM is not the place to get your information. Sure it's good to have it so you can get a "general" idea of what is going on in the world. But you will never get a full grasp on things watching cnn, msnbc, fox etc. They are headed my people who have their own take on life and think there are certain things that we should and should not know.

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
I have come to ATS at this time to let you all know that I am Nobody777
I am a son called to the Order of Sigillum Militum Χρisti.What i am about to say is the truth and will not be stopped.We have ask all leaders of Religions and governments to step down.We where told to go and jump off cliff.
We ask them first and now we are telling them to step down and give up power.We know they will not without a fight.I am here today to tell you all that me and my Brothers and Sisters are the NEW PRIESTHOOD who will be put in power and the end of the transformation.You wanted people in power who truly listen to the people about their problems.The ones causing the problem are soon to be taken out of the way.We have watched on the sidelines and have seen the evil running its course.Think not that I am joking I am very true to what i am telling you.The day of evil men and women hurting you are over.We work for the true king who is right now preparing the final stage to his battle plan.I say this to you as a warning.If you are hurting others and use people then you are at war with the King.If you stop now that which you are doing,then you can and will be forgiven.Governments that try and hold on to power will be Destroyed in the blink of an eye.If you are a priest who has held the word and have led the sheep astray then I say this to you! woe unto you.Woe unto the Shepard s that have scattered the flock.You priest and lay people will receive more punishment.You knew to hold the law of truth in all truth not the truths that suited U!!.You will be utterly destroyed by your own words.We will soon take complete control of this world and nothing that offends will be allowed to stay.GLP has banned me and my Brothers from their site.We have already told them also so ban away.You people that are not seekers are almost to late.The strong lie comes for the souls of this world.Mankind is not ready for the war that we are to going to bring.They will use weapons against us and they will fell.We are here at this time to set the world right.To give to each man and women his reward weather it be good or bad.The churches have cast us out from amongst them.They did not see that we had the infused spirit of GOD of light with in us.They did not know that we are and now will be grated the highest place to speak from with all power and judgment given unto us.The mighty and powerful men of the world know we are here and that Revelation 19:14 is now coming true(The armies of heaven were following him who is called the word of GOD.I am a true son of light,,Sigillum Militum ΧρistiNobody777

posted on Jul, 13 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ItsEvolutionBaby
Welcome!
And if you're trying to get credible info on the "real" news, using google as your search engine isn't going to help much, IMO.
Google searches are now tailored from other searches etc. you do on your computer.
See if anyone can list you better search engines...

Yea this was gonna be my point also. There is plenty of information out there but you do need to go a bit deeper than just a google search.

Some things take work and fortunately alot of people on here are into that type of work

Glad to see you join and hope you enjoy your stay.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
I'm sick of the disinfo too and sometimes don't know where to turn, but if you want "dirt" on whomever you're currently researching, let's say a documentary by David Icke, you can use search terms like "debunked, revealed, exposed, etc" with the name of the individual and you might find some disinfo stuff to help you figure out who's legit or what to believe. Have fun on the board.

top topics

join