It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boehner abandons efforts to reach comprehensive debt-reduction deal

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

well played! that is another option.

i'm not so sure he would escape impeachment by snubbing congress though. the democrats and republicans would be pissed that obama has *again* bypassed their authority.

obama issuing an executive order like that could cause some crazy things to happen, but it is quite plausible now that i think about it. he would probably prefer that over default.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

well played! that is another option.

i'm not so sure he would escape impeachment by snubbing congress though. the democrats and republicans would be pissed that obama has *again* bypassed their authority.

obama issuing an executive order like that could cause some crazy things to happen, but it is quite plausible now that i think about it. he would probably prefer that over default.

I saw an interview with Warren Buffett last night.
It's clear to me that Warren has already heard the strategy.
Label the GOP as adolescents and then have Obama be the adult.
Warren actually used the word -adolescent - with a big smile on his face.
- The fix is in. The script has already been written. -
---------------
We should see quite a show on the Sunday talk shows. Meet the Press - Fox News Sunday etc.
-------------
Bright and early Monday morning Turbo Tax Cheat Timmy Geithner will be selling U.S. Treasury
Notes like crazy.
We may even see another press confernece.
Well, hey! Now that we have all this new cash to play with how about a $250 check to
all the social security recipients to compensate them for not getting a cost of living
adjustment this year.
And hey! Let's build some brand new high speed trains everywhere to help grow the
economy and put America back to work!

-------------------
I can see it all very clearly. Can you?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

yes, that seems to coincide with one of obama's last speeches. he said something to the effect of "professional politicians and economists know better than american citizens, and "the vast majority" agree that the stimulus saved millions of jobs"

i don't think obama would want to risk impeachment, so do you think he will save his "executive order" for plan b? though a compromise is still a ways off, and each side is resolute.

this can't continue for much longer, and everyone knows it.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Bob Sholtz

The Mitch McConnell new plan has just made it harder for Obama to issue the
- executive presidential order - to raise the debt ceiling by $2.4 Trillion.
Reid and Pelosi - like - the McConnel plan!
------------
OOPS! If Obama ignores the McConnell Plan and raises the debt limit on his own
then that would expedite the impeachment AND the removal of Obama from office in
the U.S. Senate. It was a very clever chess move by Senator McConnell.
That would give us President Joseph Biden.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

biden has an IQ around 80.

"I have reached the point where I say enough," Obama said, according to the aide. "Would Ronald Reagan be sitting here? I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if he won't yield, and republicans won't accept a budget proposal that increases taxes without cutting much. if he's prepared to risk his presidency, he may yet use an executive order.

if he's impeached, would his order be revoked/not apply?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

biden has an IQ around 80.

"I have reached the point where I say enough," Obama said, according to the aide. "Would Ronald Reagan be sitting here? I've reached my limit. This may bring my presidency down, but I will not yield on this."

www.abovetopsecret.com...

if he won't yield, and republicans won't accept a budget proposal that increases taxes without cutting much. if he's prepared to risk his presidency, he may yet use an executive order.

if he's impeached, would his order be revoked/not apply?

This is uncharted territory. I'm not sure what happens to the executive order.
--------------
I can tell you this much. Obama won't actually get removed from office.
A limo will be started at the Capitol building.
Senator Harry Reid will take a seat in the limo.
There will be a long ride down Pennsylvania Avenue.
Reid will give President Obama the bad news. "We have the votes to remove you from
office." 9 AM the next morning Obama resigns. That way he gets to keep his pension
and benefits.
Think Richard Nixon 2.0.

------------------
President Joseph Biden gets sworn in.
He eventually chooses a Vice President.
I guess under pressure President Joe Biden could issue an executive presidential order
making Obamas executive order - null & void -.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

he may try to cut a deal where he steps down, but his executive order stands. i'm not sure if congress will go along with that. we're going to have riots in the U.S. very soon. everyone knows this can't continue much longer. people are fed up and are going to explode. all they need is something to set them off.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

he may try to cut a deal where he steps down, but his executive order stands. i'm not sure if congress will go along with that. we're going to have riots in the U.S. very soon. everyone knows this can't continue much longer. people are fed up and are going to explode. all they need is something to set them off.

What's the goal of the riots?
-----------
I guess we will just have to wait and see.
It's out of our hands. You and i are just along for the ride.
------------
This reminds of something Newt Gingrich said about ObamaCare.
- ObamaCare will fail. It's as if Obama invited us all to Disneyworld but
then failed to tell us that he plans to fly us all there and crash the planes into
the themepark.-

-------------
Yes, we made it to Disneyworld but we are all dead.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

maybe anarchy is a better word than riots. in the collapse of the U.S. government, it will be chaos. america is going to become a third world country.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

maybe anarchy is a better word than riots. in the collapse of the U.S. government, it will be chaos. america is going to become a third world country.

Well, if Obama is forced to resign then there may be riots.
--------------
President Joe Biden could impose martial law.
That would cause fewer people to go shopping and throw us into another deep recession.
It's easy to see everything just going from bad to worse.
-------------
We should know a lot more by this time next week. July 22, 2011

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

I would be interested in making a wager of some internet-nature based on your predictions here. I suspect everything you say in this post will absolutely not happen, and Obama will not be forced to step down over this whatsoever.

Interested? Maybe, for, say, 30 internet points and a smiley face?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

I would be interested in making a wager of some internet-nature based on your predictions here. I suspect everything you say in this post will absolutely not happen, and Obama will not be forced to step down over this whatsoever.

Interested? Maybe, for, say, 30 internet points and a smiley face?

I hope i'm wrong.
If Obama resigns there probably will be riots.
That's the last thing we need right now.
--------------
The members of the U.S. congress won't have a choice.
If they let the Obama executive order stand, then Obama could give even MORE
executive presidential orders for God knows what.
That would cause even MORE chaos.
--------------
The problem is that i am right.
I'm 100% sure of it now.

If you listen very carefully to the Obama speech yesterday,
you will hear Obama say "If as usual the U.S. congress fails to come to an agreement, then
we should at least find a way to avoid Armageddon."
- Those are the magic words we has been wanting to say all along. -
This whole "crisis" was actually orchestrated weeks ago.
Karl Rove said that Obama "poisoned the well" weeks ago.
Obama doesn't want a deal. He -never- did.
-----------------------
"find a way to avoid Armageddon = issuing an executive presidential order to raise the
debt ceiling by $2.4 Trillion."

That will allow even MORE spending and even MORE growth of U.S. Government.
Obama will have plenty of - new - money to build his high speed choo choo trains.

-------------------------
You should have seen the list of Obamas - sacred cows- that Karl Rove wrote on his
white board.

Karl Rove got the list from Republicans taking part in the negotiations at the White House.
It's a joke!
At the bottom of the list was his high speed choo choo trains.
Obama will not defund any of his - sacred cows -. He will only add to them.

edit on 16-7-2011 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
This is a house of cards in a hurricane - and it MUST fall! I'm awaiting the impending default. The country is already beyond bankrupt and needs a reset, based on REAL currency, like gold. Ending the Federal Reserve will be the first step toward restoring fiscal order.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
This is a house of cards in a hurricane - and it MUST fall! I'm awaiting the impending default. The country is already beyond bankrupt and needs a reset, based on REAL currency, like gold. Ending the Federal Reserve will be the first step toward restoring fiscal order.

Well, you are 100% correct about the - reset button - but it won't be what you think.
-----------------
As far as bankruptcy, it's hard to go bankrupt when you have over $200 Billions falling in
the front door of the White House!

Look at it this way. Income - Outgo
We have too much - income - at Washington DC.
All we have to do is reduce spending. It really CAN be done. The democrats just don't
want to do it.
It's just so much more fun to spend money that is borrowed from the Chinese!
Sell those T Notes like crazy. To hell with the Gross Debt to GDP ratio! Who cares?
Let's live for today. Forget about tomorrow. Let the good times roll.
--------------
Hey! Now that we have $2.4 Trillion from the Obama executive presidential order
does anybody want to hand out some big fat juicy earmarks????!!

Yes!!! Now that is what i'm talking about! Yippeeeeeeeeee.................!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
If they were serious about the budget they would have increased taxes to pay for the wars we've had since 2001. They're not serious about the budget because they think the budget is invalid. This is politically driven, a fundamental intersection; it's not a reaction to a misplaced decimal point. And there's no magical lever that can solve our problems, either. Seems to be a common thought process but it's in error. There's no right way at this point. There're simply too many sides to this and too much invested. Whatever answer we arrive at is a patchwork of solutions that will make nobody happy but will keep the boat floating for the time being.

There're highs and lows in an economy. We're in a low. But it won't last forever. However, nothing is guaranteed. Nations in decline tend to eat themselves alive or start wars or make bold visions to divert their attention away from their disease. They project their own failures onto other things so that they may more directly attack them. But since they're not attacking the source of the problem then the problem inevitably destroys them like a cancer. Whether we're just in a valley and soon coming to a hill is still in question. No society goes for very long without some bumps, but some societies completely collapse. Which do you think it will be for us?

Collapse is slow unless it's through war, but even then it can stretch on. It usually involves a transition to somethign else which also itself drags on and on. Will we live long enough to see? Doubtful. Most generations inflate their importance in a vain attempt to lend meaning to life.

The people who constitute our future are the most stubborn and willful among us. One has to be in this life with so many points of view and dark shadowy places to kill you. It's a long road.

Make no mistake though, these types yearn for these moments to rise above their peers.

Children. That's the product of all this mess. It's like we're trying to recreate ourselves each time.
edit on 16-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join