It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want Proof, ELEnin <-- Extinction, I'll Give You Proof -- You Can't Handle!!!

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by athenegoddess

Did you not see that picture of the sky on 12-21-12? Does that happen every year? If so, please prove it. I'd love to see this.

You're an astrologer. Where is the Sun every 21st of December? How much does the Zodiac move in relation to the fixed stars every year? Does the Galactic Plane move in relation to the Zodiac? By how much every year? How precise do astrological alignments need to be to be significant?

athenegoddess
Can you please answer this question?
Its an easy one for you surely?
I am not having a go, but an easy question, was asked, and you have chosen to ignore it, because it doesnt match up with what your OP said.

If you can answer, brilliant, I look forward to it.

Cheers
Shauny

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I didn't ignore it I just don't read every response.

Every 21st of December the Sun is at 0 degrees Capricorn. No, the Sun in NOT eclipsed every year on 12-21.

The Zodiac does not move, the planets do and they rotate constantly through the constellations giving off different energies in relation to the planets involved. The Galactic Plane does not move in relation to the Zodiac, it's fixed. Precise, exact!

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Which zodiac is it that never moves??

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Ours that governs our solar system:

Constellations:
Aries
Taurus
Gemini
Cancer
Leo
Virgo
Libra
Scorpio
Sagittarius
Capricorn
Aquarius
Pisces

Um, you are aware we are the one's moving right? Earth is traveling 66,000 miles per hour.
edit on 7/10/2011 by athenegoddess because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Everything is moving - the galaxy is rotating around it's centre at about 1 revolution per 200-250 million years which apparently gives our sun a motion of 220km/s relative to Galactic centre.

It also has movement of 20km/sec relative to other nearby stars, and 370km/sec relative to cosmic background microwave radiation (all from en.wikipedia.org...)

So, again....what is it you think is actually sationary? Perhaps you could define what it is you mean by "sationary" a little more clearly and that might help.

And of course the concept of these moving and changing imaginitve accidental pictures in the sky "controlling" anything is.....um....highly speculative...at best!!

edit on 10-7-2011 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Are you really saying that constelations don't move?

I didnt see the above post. sorry to you up there.
edit on 10-7-2011 by spinalremain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Just peeked in to see if any proof actually showed up yet.

I originally expected it to be a waste of a trip, but I'm glad I caught your post

I learned something! Thank you!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by athenegoddess
I didn't ignore it I just don't read every response.

Every 21st of December the Sun is at 0 degrees Capricorn. No, the Sun in NOT eclipsed every year on 12-21.

The Zodiac does not move, the planets do and they rotate constantly through the constellations giving off different energies in relation to the planets involved. The Galactic Plane does not move in relation to the Zodiac, it's fixed. Precise, exact!

I'm confused. The center of the Galaxy is in Sagittarius. The Great Rift runs through Sagittarius and Scorpio. In fact, the Milky Way (the plane of the Galaxy) seems to be pretty far from Capricorn at all. If the Sun is in Capricorn in December, how can there be an alignment with the center of the Galaxy on the solstice?

edit on 7/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I replied to *Painfulhead* - Last post on page 3 regarding Elenin alignments and quakes on earth.
I had all the data - which by the time I finished obtaining it last night was too late to upload here - but I will do - that shows of the 24 quakes occuring in time of alignments - when there were in fact only 4 alignments that were correct.
That leaves 20 so called alignments as completely wrong - and really blows this idea of Elenin alignments causing quakes to pieces.
Checking source of data before quoting it? Takes a while but avoids you looking silly.
At work now all day - but to be honest I will probably start my own Topic on it - as I cannot see how people still cling to this when the data is there for all to see.
Source: Orbit Tracker

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Because the Galactic Center is at 26 degrees Sagittarius and the Winter Solstice Sun is at 0 Capricorn... Being 4 degrees off doesn't mean much!!!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spinalremain

I'm saying that they are fixed in relation to the planets so that we are able to predict events based on planets being in certain constellations at certain times.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I see the reason for my confusion. I'm used to astronomy, astrology doesn't seem to have much to do with the actual constellations. I see that Spiculum (M8) lies 1º into "Capricorn" when it is actually part of Sagittarius. The same goes for Kaus Australis, Kaus Media, and Kaus Borealis. Apparently the astrological Capricorn is actually the astronomical Sagittarius and the astrological Sagittarius is the astronomical Scorpio. So a Leo isn't really a lion, he's a crab. A Taurus isn't a bull, he's a ram. Precession I guess but it seems a bit arbitrary. So when we reach the Age of Aquarius everybody switches signs, sort of like volleyball rotation? Of course, someone has to decide exactly when to do so.

The Sun is 1/2º across, I'd call 4º more than "not much". Would you care to calculate the astrological location of the Sun on, say, 12/21/11? How about 12/21/00? 12/21/20? But the ecliptic doesn't cross the true center of the Galaxy, the supermassive black hole Sgr A*, so no matter what it's going to miss by at least 5º (and that happens on the 18th).

edit on 7/11/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 05:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

A lil unsure if this video is on this topic.
But there are a ton of these.
Some people believe it is planet ELEnin or Nibiru.

It might help with this topic.
But if there is a great galatic alignment, wouldnt any planets that are on a much longer orbit
begin appearing. Maybe that why this only happens once in several 1000 years.
Or am I off base on that assumption??

edit on 13-7-2011 by getreadyalready because: fixed video embed

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
does anyone know or can anyone even know if we are entering into a part of the universe or galaxy that has a higher than normal quantity of long count comets? is this a time in history when many long count comets make their return? seems alot is going on in space around us lately, and if i have read correctly we have some comets lining up for pass by. at least what--3 so far that they know of? just wondering if this is even a plausible question. i dont wanna hear how we have space mapped because from nasa and many peoples own admissions we dont have a clue what is beyond the oort cloud.

also is it possible to have a binary star to our sun that has an elliptical orbit but never actually enters into the inner solar system but approaches very close to the oort cloud? have heard the gravity of the sun and a binary or dwarf star would deflect each other to keep them from getting to close and hence keeping the dwarf/binary from entering into our inner solar system, but would still cause massive perturbations. is this plausible? possibly even dislodging some oort cloud debris. and from what i have read there is something in the region beyond the oort cloud tugging on the planets. this is how planets have been discovered and my understanding of why they are looking so hard in this region. because they feel something is ther just cant see it yet.

would love some good answers . thanx.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by letscit

Other than Elenin the other two comets passing by this year are both short-period comets. Both have an orbital period of about six years and Honda has been observed since 1947. There is nothing strange about these comets passing by Earth again.

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJRichey
reply to post by newcovenant

Thats NOT why the comet is named Elenin! People like the OP (fear mongers, etc.) are the first ones to capitalize the ELE in the name. Comets are named usually after their discover, in this case Russian amateur astronomer Leonid Elenin. This is nothing but a typical comet. Get over it already!

That's a relief and thanks because I WAS ratcheting up the fear factor.
I have people buying bunkers.
Is that bad?

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gando702
OP makes another redundant, ridiculous, dead-horse-beating thread. Challenges everyone for "EMPIRICAL DATA" in all caps, meaning it must be really important.

GREAT JOB once again ZERO empirical data here.

Then when everything he's stated is debunked and proven wrong, he ignores the "DATA" and types in ALL CAPS, insults everyone, claiming they've got no idea what they're talking about.

Its TRUE you don't !

Y2K was complete rubbish. Don't use words like architecture and Unix to try to intimidate others into actually knowing what you're talking about. Why that came up in a thread about Elenin is beyond me.

That WAS NOT intimidation, when I make you pee your pants LIKE RIGHT NOW, THAT'S INTIMIDATION, what I said was just the way it is said !

EVERYTHING I said about Y2K was SPOT ON, I was there, YOU were not, the POPULAR beliefs about it is TOTAL NONSENSE, QUIT SPREADING NONSENSE !!

That's RIGHT, just about EVERYTHING that is NOT popular drool is BEYOND YOU !!!

13 pages later, ATS still doesn't disappoint.

I wonder what the average age is on ATS these days? Because it seems like the majority of the new posts, especially about Elenin and 2012 are poorly written, filled with nonsense and misspelled words, and written by people who simply can't handle being refuted, even when the evidence against their claims is ABUNDANT.

AND when people LOOSE their arguments they jump to spelling and NONEXISTENT grammatical errors, and stew in anger, wait and then respond long after the original offender is thought GONE because they fear being humiliated and their stupidity revealed again ...

... I'M BAAAAAACK !!!

99% of websites fall into 2 categories, Information and Entertainment. This site is quickly becoming a site that CLEARLY falls into the latter.

You don't seem entertained in the least ...

You desperately need to RESEARCH ANYTHING that you read, because you have NO idea what is REALLY going on, the basic science of EVERYTHING going on in this world is WAY OVER YOUR HEAD, stop drinking for a LOOONG period of time, THAT WILL HELP A LOT !

Gando out. Time to turn off my Family Computer and get some rest...

There is NO SUCH THING AS A FAMILY COMPUTER that was HUGE BRAIN FART, its called HOME computer, poor guy I bet he does that A LOT !!!

posted on Jul, 11 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

So, since you're back in this thread again would you like to comment on the points I have been asking you about? The object in the 1983 article turned out to be either a distant ultra-luminous galaxy or an infrared cirrus. This has been proven by going to the primary sources. As for the government classifying NEO's it only applies to data gained from spy satellites that were used in the past to get data on bolides and meteors. These are objects that have already entered the atmosphere. If you once again fail to respond it will demonstrate that you are either a troll or are willingly embracing ignorance.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join