It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You Want Proof, ELEnin <-- Extinction, I'll Give You Proof -- You Can't Handle!!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   
When the "elites" start running around nekkid and drinking and crying and swearing and freaking out. . . .

THEN, I'll worry.

Until then? A nice cuppa and a smoke will do me just fine.

Might I suggest the same?

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Note the difference between speculation and proof.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Drove by my old high school today. Six foot fence all around. all they have to do is string some razor wire on top, and, Presto! A camp.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Utopian
We have all seen the multitude of youtube vids plotting ELEnin's orbital path around the sun. Well i am confused as to how Nasa have been able to calculate the turning point if they still do not have any idea of the size and mass of the comet.

Maybe someone out there could enlighten me!

Phage are you around ?

You can't. You need to know the mass and speed of an object to determine projected paths of orbit. They do it with math... if you don't even have estimates you can't do the math.

edit on 9-7-2011 by Laokin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
So now Elenin is supposedly Nibiru? Then what is that comet that we have all seen pictures of? It certainly doesn't fit the description that your post gives about the "mystery heavenly body." Elenin is nothing more than a comet. Nibiru, if it exists, is something completely different.
edit on 9-7-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

I like the OPs post and even the way it is presented. All of it very interesting and I should be running into my bathroom to puke, but mother is already using the loo.

If this is the end of the world or even of my small part in it I have to say "it was a good run."
I think of it as a Broadway Play that ran for quite some time, was enjoyed by all and now the time has come to say good bye.
What else can you do?
When I read on another thread that ELEnin stands for Extinction Level Event Nine I did all my puking then.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
When the "elites" start running around nekkid and drinking and crying and swearing and freaking out. . . .

THEN, I'll worry.

Until then? A nice cuppa and a smoke will do me just fine.

Might I suggest the same?

By the time that happens you will be gone.

Civilizations are destroyed from the bottom up, not from the top down.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by MACchine

in agreement don't believe it is a brown dwarf or all that but do believe we are not being told the true facts on comet honda or elenin and do believe it to be wise to take some precautions better safe than sorry is a motto I live by, and think it is only prudent. there will always be people who will deny until it happens and there the ones who will be left high and dry that is there decision and mistake if nothing happens they can have a good laugh at us all, but on the other hand we will be laughing as they starve I have food and seeds for my family and hope you do as I believe sometimes you have to show conviction in your believes I notice you have been getting slammed on this by the sheep who are not interpetering the signs and are listening to untrust worthy MSM NASA and the like which is why I am offering my morale support to you there have been one group of people saying for hundreds of years that the twin brothers will return and there ancestors experienced it the last time and have faithfully passed this knowledge on to the next generation I trust these people more than any western person agency or goverment who have been proven to be morally corrupt time and again and decietful liars with only self interest at heart .these people who are far more honorable have nothing to gain and have passed this knowledge on freely for all with no alteriour motive they have made no money from this and do not wish to they are of the Hopi and these I trust as well noticable earth changes increasing in rate I'll trust my instincts on this espeacialy in light of the evidence chin up not long now anyway so we will soon see on a completly different note have a look at Dr Pim Van Hommel near death researcher and medical Dr some of his case notes are very interesting and have helped dispell my fear of dieing I am not saying when it happens I shall lay down and die no way but if it is meant to be then so be it

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   

edit on 9/7/11 by NuclearPaul because: removed for wrong info

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

And here I was thinking we had dispelled the nonsense surrounding that 1983 article. Well, I guess I'll do it one more time. The article was first run in the Washington Post as "Mystery Heavenly Body Discovered." While it did lean toward being sensational, it did make sure to note that at the time researchers believed this object to be a number of things and that it was not approaching Earth. Now we have to go look for the source of the story. That's very simple to do, it was an upcoming article in the scientific journal Astrophysical Journal Letters by Houck et al. titled Unidentified point sources in the IRAS minisurvey. Once again, while they were unsure of what they were looking at they did list a number of possibilities. Furthermore, while the newspaper article makes it sound like there was only one object there were in fact 10.

In 1985 and 1987 Houck and his team released two follow-up articles. In these articles they successfully identify the objects from the 1984 survey. These objects were nine distant, ultra-luminous, young galaxies (which was one of the original possibilities) and an infrared cirrus. Unfortunately the media never reported on these follow-up articles, so conspiracy theorists believe there was just a cover-up. In the end no astronomical bodies were observed in the solar system with IRAS. Here are the abstracts for the original journal articles:

Unidentified point sources in the IRAS minisurvey
Unidentified IRAS sources - Ultra-high luminosity galaxies
The IRAS view of the extragalactic sky

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MACchine

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by MACchine

IRAS was the satellite that discovered Nibiru in Dec of 1983 ...

This has been done to death on ATS and elsewhere on the internet also.
After more observations it was found to be something normal, further away, not Nibiru or any other death star.
False alarm.
Go do more research.

I bet this is the FIRST thread that actually included the articles, before you would just say they did not exist.

Why should I believe YOU or if it is true their corrections, you did not give me a source.

You obviously DO NOT READ VERY WELL since I STATED THIS, JUST A BEGINNER I SEE, go back and read it AGAIN.

Keep reading it until you GET IT !!!

I don't think anybody ever said the Post article didn't exist. What the Post didn't do was write a follow up. when the unknown became the known.
www.universetoday.com...

Although these IRAS observations were seeing mysterious objects, at this stage, there was no indication that there was an object (let alone a brown dwarf) powering its way toward us. But the rumours had already begun to flow. When follow-up papers were published in 1985 (Unidentified IRAS sources – Ultrahigh-luminosity galaxies, Houck et al., 1985) and 1987 (The IRAS View of the Extragalactic Sky, Soifer et al., 1987), there was little if any media interest in their findings. According to these publications, most of the IRAS observations in the 1984 paper were distant, ultra-luminous young galaxies and one was a filamentary structure known as “infrared cirrus” floating in intergalactic space. IRAS never observed any astronomical body in the outer reaches of the Solar System.

Now, you need to take your own advice. "Keep reading it until you GET IT " Go to the link. Read the whole thing. Follow the links there. alfa1 is right. It's been done to death. Why? Because the doomsday fans latch on to articles like the Post and won't dig any deeper to see if it was right or not.

ETA-I see Xcalibur254 beat me to it. Must learn to type faster.
edit on 7/9/2011 by Pauligirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Well, all of this is quite fascinating.
And I actually hope you're right.
I believe that ELEnin/Nibiru/Planet X would be an excellent RESET button that could cure all the ills of society and allow Mother Earth to heal as quickly as possible.
I'm not being a gloom and doomer. I'm being very realistic. I would gladly and peacefully give my life so nature rules once again. Don't get me wrong, I love technology, but it's destructive. Only animals are capable of taking only what they need and giving back. Humans just upset this fragile ecosystem with their self-serving egosystem.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
edit on 9-7-2011 by SatoriTheory because: Not yet

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Where do those Newspapers stories say it is moving towards us?..JW

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
thanks op. so far you have given the most proof of anything one way or another on this. im still in-between but i do find it odd that they have decided to hold back info on celestial bodies since 2009, at the time i thought this was very weird. would love to know the absolute truth on why this was done. the parts being picked apart, the newspaper article is the least important of the information you show, but it is also the easiest to pick apart. hey, an what do ya know that is exactly what everyone is going for. great article. get ready to be majorly ganged up on. for now im just gonna keep living life and see what may come with some simple plans in case. many will say its pointless if ele, but i am a fighter and will keep that attitude in whatever situation until the bitter end.

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Utopian

Gravitation is proportional to the product of the masses of two objects. When there is a vast difference in masses between the primary (Sun) and the satellite (comet) the mass of the satellite becomes insignificant in orbital calculations.

Kepler did not know the masses of the planets (or anything about gravitation) yet he was able to determine their orbits and produce the rules which govern objects orbiting the Sun. The orbital elements are calculated based on the observed motion of an object. The more observations, the more refined the orbital elements. The current parameters for Elenin are based on 2,199 observations and show a very small margin of error.

edit on 7/9/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yay!!! doom and gloom presented by armchair astronomers.
I love how these people do nothing to reach the masses about an extinction level event except post on anonymous forum.

FAIL!!!

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Question: Why does the government lie?
Answer: Because the information doesn't benefit your average, everyday, ordinary individual to know, but could be detrimental. If you really want to know whats going on UP THERE, get elected. Or at least become a lobbyist.

Question: Is the government lying about Elenin?
Answer: Its IN THE SKY - EVERYONE can get a telescope and look up and see it. If there was anything unusual up there, they couldn't buy off EVERY SINGLE person who owns a telescope.

Question: Is the government lying about Nibiru?
Answer: In your own words...

it HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN by optical telescopes

Question: Then why is the government preparing?
Answer: Because its better to be prepared than to be caught off guard. That seems to be the general consensus all over ATS, why not in government? (rhetoric)
It would make less sense to me, if the government wasn't preparing for a worse case scenario.

Question: Are there heavenly bodies that can slam into us any second?
Answer: Yeah we know that... no one ever tried to deny it.

You know what would be really cool? October 28th comes and goes, all the "I TOLD YOU SO"s start flying, then we get slammed with an asteroid on Halloween

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
gotta call BS on this one
edit on Sat Jul 9 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: --Off Topic, One Liners and General Back Scratching Posts--

posted on Jul, 9 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by CasiusIgnoranze

Any post that starts with "Are you that stupid?" should be ignored, but I'm gonna break my rule, because aside from that one faux paux, this is a great point...

Better to find out everyone's going to die in a few days than a few years when you know nothing can be done about such a situation as Planetary collision.

However... your point of it taking billions of years to fix itself is kinda irrelevant - we wouldn't be here to know about it - no one to measure the time.... so will it REALLY be billions of years? Or a blink?
And if intelligent life never evolves again... will we still care? if we're not here to care?.......

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join