It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Election Issue's Forum

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 05:53 AM
link   
Currently there's a forum for the US elections issues
is there any plans to create a UK election issues forum???

the groups system (logo at the bottom of some people's mini profiles) would work for the UK election issues as well:

Conservatives
Labour
Lib Dem
UKIP
Green
Independent - Independent Opinions and Stances
etc...

i know the UK general election is too soon but it should take place sometime next year

thanks for any help

ps: would you have to defend party policy's or could you think of your own that reflects the party's ideals

[edit on 29-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:01 AM
link   
I was kinda thinkin about mentioning this myself.

Yeah...a UK Election thing could be fun...problem is we all know who will probably win.

do have a question for u tho...who thinks that there will be no election nxt year and Blair will be made to stay in office and made to clear up the mess he made?

just my personal opinion tho.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gryffen
I was kinda thinkin about mentioning this myself.

Yeah...a UK Election thing could be fun...problem is we all know who will probably win.

who's going to win????(any ones guess): I hope the Tory's win they have some good policy's appearing now

i'm fed up with the left wingers in power, kissing up to the EU and Bush is not the way to gain respect in the World

The election is meant to be May or April 2005, although there is some talk of a election in October 2004 to throw the other parties into disarray (just like Blair that is)

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I'm sure we'll do something when the time comes but as you will know the Prime Minister decides when the General Election is and it is only expected to be next Spring.It probably won't be announced until Feb/March 2005 and until then there is little we can do.It could be in 2006!!

I think we should look at this again after the U.S elections.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Sounds like a good idea.

Being a "Left Winger", there is nothing funnier than seeing "Right Wingers", argue how great the Tory party is or even was. It's a shame they didn't put some of those good policies into practice when they were in power, Labour wouldn't have had to spend so much time cleaning the mess they made in the Thatcherite years, privatisation, Poll tax..........

..and as for kissing up to Bush, I don't recollect the Tories, objecting to going into Afghanistan or Iraq, I certainly wouldn't see them doing anything different to what Labour did in this particular case.

Can't wait....!!

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:23 AM
link   
that why i think it would be a great idea because the left and right wingers of the UK can finally slog it out with some direction rather than continuing with the name calling most people resort to so often

looking forward to argueing with everyone in the future

Going to Afganistan was good
Going to Iraq was bad
Some privitisation is good, although TOO much is bad

The poll tax was a very bad idea

I'm a right winger with a brain

[edit on 12-8-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:30 AM
link   
This sounds like a good idea. I'm not sure which side I'm going to be supporting yet, there's a lot of water to flow under the bridge yet, so maybe this will help me decide!

maybe I'll re-launch the Whig party.. what, what?

[edit on 12/8/04 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
hehehe

people still follow Whig ideals

Whigs

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by UK Wizard
hehehe

people still follow Whig ideals

Whigs

Hmm.. I've just read that link, and have now left the Whig party! The "Europe as a holding company and Britain as a subsidiary" was one of the things that put me off!

[edit on 12/8/04 by muppet]

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
How come we never had a European Election forum

I was thinking about a UK election forum, hopefully it happens

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
if there is ever a UK Election Issues forum then people should be able to show what kind of stance they have (far-left, centre-right, moderate) as well as the political party they side with
the people would still be in the same team but others could see their stance as well

just any idea

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   

if there is ever a UK Election Issues forum then people should be able to show what kind of stance they have (far-left, centre-right, moderate) as well as the political party they side with
the people would still be in the same team but others could see their stance as well

just any idea

good idea. I hate the whole left-right paradigm myself but I guess unless someone can think of a better but equally simple representation of the idea, I'm happy to go with it.

I think a UK political forum would be a good thing overall. As well as the election there's always Europe, the Euro, the constitution etc. Then there's discussion of consulting documents, such as the new police powers proposals on another thread. You never know, we might even get to influence things that way!

I know ATS is supposed to be conspiracy based, but I think a dedicated UK political forum would help tie together a lot of the topics and generate some interesting threads...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:23 PM
link   
just wondering whether people still think it's a good idea to have a UK election forum??

is ATS planning anying in the near future???

It's funny when i first posted this thread i was right wing now I'm centre-right... what have you people done to me

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   

just wondering whether people still think it's a good idea to have a UK election forum??

is ATS planning anying in the near future???

It's funny when i first posted this thread i was right wing now I'm centre-right... what have you people done to me

This is an amazing idea,
If we have an American one, then we should have other elections forums too.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
if it was ever done, how would the sides be sorted out??
What happens to those who don't wish to pick a party to side with, what happen's if a person's ideals aren't represent by any party's ideals.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   

if it was ever done, how would the sides be sorted out??
What happens to those who don't wish to pick a party to side with, what happen's if a person's ideals aren't represent by any party's ideals.

I dont know how it will work,
We just better get one....

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
just thought i'd see if anyone.....eg Mod's....gave the idea of a UK election forum/sub forum any thought

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I endorse this thread and idea.

I am Nerdling and I approved this message.

Paid for by the Friends Of Nerdling Consortium of Kennedys and Rockefellers.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea UK, and I hope they do it...it seems only fair...plus it would give me (us) a little more insight on your current political platforms and parties...

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Put Kerry or Bush in front of Prime Ministers Question Time on a Wednesday and let the house of commons tear Bush to shreds.

Kerry would barely make it out alive. Bush would be eaten alive.

I've always wondered why you never adopted Question Time, It's such a great concept and it's insanely watchable.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join