It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British Election Issue's Forum

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
*sits and waits for the British Election Issues Forum*

Come on Skeptic....make us happy

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Not a hell of a lot of discussion of the brit elections goin on at the moment though. Perhaps we could wait until discussion of the topic picked up before getting into this.

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 04:48 PM
link   
being as a UK election forum wouldn't get as much attention as the US election forum, what about the idea of a sub forum within the Politics & Scandals forum.... just a idea, I'm not trying to be rebelious

posted on Oct, 22 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
I've always wondered why you never adopted Question Time, It's such a great concept and it's insanely watchable.

That's what's always amazed me!!! If the likes of Bush or Kerry went on Question Time they'd be torn apart, they'd feel like they'd just been slapped around for 50 mins.

I can't believe the American public let them get off so light, even when they do go to questions it's a complete predecided process, there are no surprises and no pushing to answer from the general public e.t.c.

Question Time is a fantastic show, never miss it. Always good to watch watch politicians e.t.c. get tore apart...

But yeah, a UK Election forum would be great once the timing is right for it. Anyone who thinks the Tories should be allowed back in are either young and ignorant or completely insane by the way...or just extremely well off.

Anyway, we'll discuss that more once the forum's up.

[edit on 22-10-2004 by John Nada]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Anyone who thinks the Tories should be allowed back in are either young and ignorant or completely insane by the way...or just extremely well off.

Well I'm not well off and I'm not ignorant (i know about all the mistakes they've made, I'm 17 not sure if you'd count that as young and for the insane bit...... no comment

Let's look at the alternative...
Labour
Lib Dem
UKIP

looks like I'll be supporting the lesser of the 4 evil's

[edit on 23-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
How about creating a European Union forum??
For all the elections in EU countries, EU issues, politics, etc, etc.
I always have to look through load of crap in all politics related forums to find topics related to EU. It would be nice to have one forum where all relevant topic can be found.
We have enough european members to keep the EU forum going, if the Staff decides to create one.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:35 AM
link   
A UK election forum is an excellent idea, can't wait to see it.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:48 AM
link   
It isn't for a long time but it's a good idea.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Maybe if they wont do a forum for it they could make a perminate thread that you could post on.

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Maybe if they wont do a forum for it they could make a perminate thread that you could post on.

The problem with a individual thread, is that muliply arguements - policy ideas etc will be going on at the same time so it will all get confusing

a small independent forum would be best.... but thats up to those in charge

posted on Oct, 23 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I'm sure it'll happen once the time is right.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:48 AM
link   
h

Originally posted by UK Wizard

Originally posted by John Nada
Anyone who thinks the Tories should be allowed back in are either young and ignorant or completely insane by the way...or just extremely well off.

Well I'm not well off and I'm not ignorant (i know about all the mistakes they've made, I'm 17 not sure if you'd count that as young and for the insane bit...... no comment

Let's look at the alternative...
Labour
Lib Dem
UKIP

looks like I'll be supporting the lesser of the 4 evil's

[edit on 23-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

If you are seventeen then you are too young to remember the conservatives running this country into the ground. I dont so much support a political party as abhore the conservatives. No offense to you whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
UK Poltics forum would be fantastic! There are a lot of UK posters on this forum, we must be heard!!

posted on Oct, 24 2004 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
If you are seventeen then you are too young to remember the conservatives running this country into the ground. I dont so much support a political party as abhore the conservatives. No offense to you whatsoever.

I don't look at the past to judge a political party, I look at the present policy

and Conservative policy isn't perfect but it's a hell of a lot better than the other parties

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Maybe if they won't do a forum for it they could make a perminate thread that you could post on.

I just had a thought,

A different take on Shorty's idea...

Why not have a perminate thread for each issue

Law and Order
Immigration
Asylum
Education
Health
etc....

That way people will know where the issue is being discussed...just a thought

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I know most of you british people absolutely hate to be in any way connected to EU, but wouldn't it be better to have European Union forum, instead of just UK elections?
I mean, there isn't that much to discuss about UK alone, but there is a lot to be said on EU in general, like EU elections, other countries and their elections, various EU issues etc, etc. You could talk about UK elections there too.

So, in the spirit of unity, what do you say to my suggestion?

posted on Oct, 29 2004 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
So, in the spirit of unity, what do you say to my suggestion?

The UK members out number the mainland European members vastly, European discussion could come under a 'Europe' thread

[Edited on 29-10-2004 by UK Wizard]

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This is a great idea, i'm really hoping it happens.

p.s. there's some talk of a surprise election in february.

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 02:26 PM
link   
U.K politics thread. We need one. It would take no more effort than the pointless forum about urban legends and alot less effort than the phone thread forum. So why not?

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
We had to put up with the US election forum....so its only fair that we get our turn to discuss our election.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join