It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

British Election Issue's Forum

page: 3
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2004 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
We had to put up with the US election forum....so its only fair that we get our turn to discuss our election.


I think there's going to be some big changes soon regarding politics on ATS, whether that includes a UK Politics sub forum we'll have to see.




posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   
if you want to show your support for the unofficial effort to show that their is support for a sub forum for UK politics then follow the following instructions:

Copy and Paste this into your signature


[ url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread72608/pg1][ img]http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/uploads/ats16839_ukpol.jpg[/img][/url]


Remove the first space from the first 'url'
Remove the first space from the first 'img'

Signature designed by bigdanprice


[edit on 7-11-2004 by UK Wizard]



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I hate to be a dampener but there are only just over 10 people who want this to be but i think that when word travels around thorugh the Brit members we will have alot more support.



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
I hate to be a dampener but there are only just over 10 people who want this to be but i think that when word travels around thorugh the Brit members we will have alot more support.


Look around the boards there are people who haven't posted here but are using the signature...although only 2 or 3 at the momment

Haven't a clue how many people are using the signature

UPDATE: SO is going to restructure the Politics on ATS, no UK sub forum yet, we'll have to wait for the UK elections

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 7-11-2004 by UK Wizard]



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
great idea

how many UK people use this board?



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
great idea

how many UK people use this board?


The owner of the board is English.
We need a UK section because all political boards are ruined by American politics, sorry guys but its true. You try starting a thread about UK politics in there.....



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite

The owner of the board is English.
We need a UK section because all political boards are ruined by American politics, sorry guys but its true. You try starting a thread about UK politics in there.....


I totally agree, I'm a fully fledged politics student now (as well as pixy padawan, of course
) and it should be standardary...no question really is it?

P.S - Oh I am so itching to get talking about British Politics, who would've thought a 15 year old would say that, eh?

Oh and being a bit thick, could someone tell me how to put the nifty UK politics sig on?



[edit on 7-11-2004 by LadyCool21]



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadyCool21
Oh and being a bit thick, could someone tell me how to put the nifty UK politics sig on?


Second from top thread should explain it, if your still confused u2u me.



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   
I think this is a great idea after all it will be a nice way for the Americans and other people from other countries to learn about the political process of the number one firend of the US.



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
how many UK people use this board?


I read somewhere that around 7% of the total traffic was from the UK.

I think a UK politics section with those little signs below avatars is a great idea.


[edit on 7/11/04 by Hyperen]



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I think this is a great idea after all it will be a nice way for the Americans and other people from other countries to learn about the political process of the number one firend of the US.


indeed it would be

UK politics is more fun, especially when we have a heated debate in the house


[edit on 7-11-2004 by infinite]



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Its good to see so many people in support of this!
Hope you all like the sig strip I knocked together...



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I SUPPORT

BUT...

if the UK gets it's own, then every other person will want his or her own country's board...

see???





posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
But thats the general idea that every area be represented, the Uk users are a significant sector of people on this board. Second largest to Americans, we want an area to show the world Uk politics matter...



posted on Nov, 7 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigdanprice
But thats the general idea that every area be represented, the Uk users are a significant sector of people on this board. Second largest to Americans, we want an area to show the world Uk politics matter...


hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

just making a joke but:

are not ALL politics the same???

they ALL lie...

i personaly like the parliamant because they scream and kill eachother






posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:10 AM
link   
We do have a political section with no preference, but its always trashed by American politics. The US had a election board so why cant we? this is our arguement.



posted on Nov, 8 2004 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I wouldn't say 'trashed' but yes, Infinite's right, the USA has its own political area; so as the home country of the owner of ATS, surely it's pretty obvious we should have one too? I presume we will anyhoo, just a matter of time, but now the US election's over, mooove over!! British debaters coming through...


[edit on 8-11-2004 by LadyCool21]



posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
UPDATE: Due to the signature being of a file size that is too big.

if you want to show your support for the unofficial effort to show that their is support for a sub forum for UK politics then follow the following instructions:

Copy and Paste this into your signature


: [ url=http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread72608/pg1] [ img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v453/UKwizard/ats16839_ukpol.jpg[/img][/url]


Remove the first space from the first 'url'
Remove the first space from the first 'img'

Is should now look like this:


Signature designed by bigdanprice

Signature re sized by kinglizard



posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Sorry guys you just lost one of your number. Now they re-done all the politics forum there is less chance of a U.K subby. If we get a few more people though ill be back.



posted on Nov, 9 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by shorty
Sorry guys you just lost one of your number. Now they re-done all the politics forum there is less chance of a U.K subby. If we get a few more people though ill be back.


noooooooooooo


I have to admit the restructuring of ATS politics as awoken some UK people who've taken a interest in UK politics

although i'd still like to see a UK sub forum...things are vastly imrpoving for UK politics, hopefully we'll get one for the election



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1  2    4 >>

log in

join