It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In a true SHTF event..what will you hunt ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Cup-a-soups.
They don't run very fast.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by granpabobby

Well if you cant hunt you can fish.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I live next to an open field... so me and my cats plan to dine on field mice.

edit on 7-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Suspiria
Cup-a-soups.
They don't run very fast.
edit on 7-7-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

OMG... LMFAO!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I'll hunt some humans! ... yummy mother******s...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Interesting post...Not forgetting that as we exchange views, there are people in Ethiopia and Somalia barely survivng on vegetation...

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I will be hunting rabbits with my dogs. Both trained gun dogs and one has the hunt and kill rabbits instinct that will help make life easyier. And I bet you already guessed because I have gun dogs I will indeed be shooting anything thats has wings flying over head.

Catch it , kill it, skin it, cook it, eat it.

I also have one of my dogs trained to sniff out cannabis (fun trick). If you keep cats and you feed them remember they like to give presents to their owners so let them multiply and watch the birds,squirrels and mice rack up at your door. If your lucky enough to have such caring cats.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrJohnSmith

Interesting post...Not forgetting that as we exchange views, there are people in Ethiopia and Somalia barely survivng on vegetation...

Nothing wrong with being a vegetarian. Thanks for the politically motivated guilt trip.
edit on 7-7-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Sounds like india in certain parts, but thiers is a religious taboo. Me, Ill hunt anything but humans. I can fish, and throw a gig too, and yes this little lady can gut, skin, and cut a cow just as easily as a deer. Oh and I forgot mmmm frog legs.
As for storage for you folks who havent seen one, think root cellar, some of the best tasting steaks in the world are aged that way-unrefridgerated.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Soncho ?

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

So true, we have enough stocked for a week, after that your on your own as far as munchies go, In all directions Im within walking distance of large tracts of un inhabited ground( hunting areas) Just make sure no one is hunting you.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

Yes someone actualy got what I had to say
80% of the population will be dead in this senerio .
Like the show I watched depicting a world without humans.
We that survive the virus or war will be all that is left .people in those days will envy the dead .Food water and shelter the basics..will be in short supply .domesticated animals that can break free of their fences will turn wild like in the days of the old west.
These few must be trained in survival.humans as a race will be an endangered species..
Who knows the ways of liveing in peace with the land than the American Indian !
Slightly off topic..what about all the unmaned reactors in those days ?Where ever we go to escape the fallout you can bet there will be cows pigs and fowl .
In truth only God owns the lands

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Deer, and small game, with a compound bow

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Anything I can get a Rage broadhead into.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

the first consideration is what type of SHTF scenario one is in. there may not be all that many critters left to eat after things go wrong.

i'll be hunting canned goods. i'm probably like the bulk of the USA population, who has never hunted or owned a firearm. i was raised going fishing so i do have a 'pocket fisherman' and supplies for it in my BOB.

meanwhile, with prices going up like they are, i think we are going to be reading about people being caught hunting out of season and livestock being stolen with increasing frequency.

i'm glad there is a lot of good archived material here on ATS about gardening. i'm having miserable results myself, really putrid, but i won't quit. 'growing your own' is a way we can all stick it to the man while having a nice healthy meal.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

that my thoughts exactly, depends on what happens, if it's a extinction level event and a few whole up under ground, every thing up top dies, nothing left to hunt. and if its a virus or some plague event, there will be some animals that will be effected to. best hope it's a targeted virus attack on humans, so those that do whole up can go hunting for the critters, if not only thing left will be food left rotting in cans.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

no do not worry about that the red man is gone just like the buff

No, we're not all gone. Some of us aren't quite "red" anymore either. Scary scenario: we look like you but know the ways of our ancestors. I will survive baring chemical warfare type of SHTF. To many ways to stay alive in my parts, you'd have to be really bad off to not survive.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   
come on, when you are hungry and it winter, you starving , trust me, you will turn into a donner party garenteed.
people have no clue to what hunger means in the u.s.a
Ever go without food for 2 to 3 weeks? 96% of you will say you never went without. It's a fact.
If you seen a dead animal in the field somewhere, and i mean all animals, you would definately check it out as a food source.
Some of us may even hunt down one another to stay alive. That all depends on a persons will to survive.
When the SHTF there will be all kinds of trickery going on to get you in closer for the kill.
I more or less believe that small towns will stick together and have crops and livestock with the barter trade thing going on.
Trust NO ONE.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
politicians, media and news outlets, but mainly politicians.

posted on Jul, 7 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Humans of course...

They're easy... then when humans become scarce, I don't know... maybe I'll move on to something harder, like... domestic dogs, since cats are fast as hell...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join